Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know guys, you can order directly from ETS as well, that is what I am doing to avoid any drama and problems. They have a LEO/Military discount and at times they may have an ARFCOM discount if your not LEO or Military....<><....:)
View Quote

How do you set up the military / LE discount? I'm thinking of trying some of these as duty mags. The arredondo +5 basepads that I have now are a little too big and don't hold 22 like they say they will.

Also, you can get 15 into the new G19 ETS mags but that last one is really frigging cram packed in there. I've been downloading to 14 until I wear in the magsprings a little.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ordered two of the G19, 15 round capacity magazines from Brownells a few days ago.

The magpul mags lock the slide open with a round left in the mag EVERY FRIGGING TIME and they also won't drop free when loaded. These mags don't seem to have those problems...
View Quote

That's funny because my Magpul mags fail to lock the slide back on empty  about 80% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought several of the new 16 round Glock 22 mags.  Took them out to a range day and let a few co-workers use them for the day.  The guys that got to run them are also firearm instructors.  I wasn't shooting a Glock, so didn't get to try the mags out.

The range we use has a cement floor, so mags get beat up quickly during reload drills, etc.  Everyone that used the mags was surprised how the mags felt compared to a standard Glock mag.  They thought it felt lighter and "cheaper" than an OEM mag.  Once the ETS mags started getting used, those thoughts went away.  Didn't really do any formal testing, just want to see how they'd work and get different opinions on the mags.  

Couple of things I noticed:  One shooter wasn't able to seat one mag when loaded to 16 rounds.  Another had slide lock issues (just once).  All mags dropped free and did not swell when loaded.  Zero misfeeds or anything else eventful.  After being dropped numerous times empty on cement, the mags show no signs it.  

I'm going to make these my new "range" mags for my 40 cal Glocks.  Just need some released in 45 apc.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Again to ETS Group, how do I get set up the LEO / MIL program?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call them....
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
My 31,  22 and 15 round 9mm mags arrived and I shot them today after a couple of qualifications at the range. They all worked flawlessly in my Glock(s) and my Kel-Tec. I did not shoot the .40 cal magazine yet but I am sure it will work just as well. Thanks ETS!!!....<><....:)
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I think ets should hook this thread up with a group buy
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I just got 2 31 9mm mags and my first impression is they feel very cheaply made and flimsy. The KCI ones I have feel more robust. I hope these hold up as the reviews state. I guess only time will tell, They look cool though
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#11]
The 31 rounders also accept the Glock +2 base pad. Just received the base pads so I haven't had a chance to test them yet.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
They can't undercut their dealer network.

Start a thread here or in the ETS forum for people to post ETS mag deals.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just got 2 31 9mm mags and my first impression is they feel very cheaply made and flimsy. The KCI ones I have feel more robust. I hope these hold up as the reviews state. I guess only time will tell, They look cool though
View Quote

KCI doesn't even hold a candle to the ETS mags.  My old KCI's stay at the back of the cabinet now and don't even see the rotation.  I only use my factory Glock and now the ETS.  

Quit holding them and try them out and you will see what the rest of us are finding out; these are first rate mags.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
KCI doesn't even hold a candle to the ETS mags.  My old KCI's stay at the back of the cabinet now and don't even see the rotation.  I only use my factory Glock and now the ETS.  

Quit holding them and try them out and you will see what the rest of us are finding out; these are first rate mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  I love my 31 rounders.  Work well in my Sub2000 also.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#17]
ETS group- can you post what kind of testing you did to these mags when in development. This may answer a lot of ? Or post a link to this info.
EG. Hot and cold testing and dropping them on feed lips. Crush test etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I will post some off the cuff stuff since I am not in the office. The first test is of reliability. We wanted to make sure we offered the same reliability you guys have come to expect from OEM mags. We tested with thousands of rounds in all gen and models of glocks. Based on the 10s of thousands of rounds we tested with we could not tell any measurable difference in the reliability of our mags and OEM mags.

Then came durability testing. We wanted to see how a single mag would hold up over time so we used a G17 mag and started with 6000 rounds through that single mag. Other than being dirty and some light surface scratches it was unchanged. That mag now has over 10k rounds thought and still going strong. We were particularly interested in how our non metal feedlips help up to the wear. The feedlips are still new looking and no measurable amount of material has worn off.

Next was impact testing. We dropped hundreds of mags thousands of times. Loaded, unloaded. Hot, Cold, to -60. We never broke a single mag. Our drop tests consisted of 6ft drops on concrete. Fully loaded most of the time. We have a few 31 rounders that were dropped over 60 times each fully loaded and they still run just fine.

We ran over a G17 mag with an 8000lb diesel and it survived 6 times being run over. We left them in 180 degrees for a week straight, only taking it out occasionally to drop test and fire it. The mags were not affected by the heat. We put them in the thermatron and left them at -60 for 48 hours and performed the drop testing and they didn't break or crack. We ran them and they functioned as they should.

We know from previous testing that our material is extremely chemical resistant. That testing was extensive on our AR mags. We left them in all of the transportatonal fluids and many acids and solvents for a week straight. Also, our material is not affected by DEET. In all of these chemical tests our mags retained over 99% of their mechanical properties.

Finally is creep testing. This one is hard because it just takes a long long time to conduct. We have some of our glock mags that have been left fully loaded since last May and there is not measurable creep. So no need to worry about the feedlips spreading from storing them loaded.

If there is something I forgot to cover feel free to ask. There is a reason we can confidently offer a lifetime warranty on our mags...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETS group- can you post what kind of testing you did to these mags when in development. This may answer a lot of ? Or post a link to this info.

I will post some off the cuff stuff since I am not in the office. The first test is of reliability. We wanted to make sure we offered the same reliability you guys have come to expect from OEM mags. We tested with thousands of rounds in all gen and models of glocks. Based on the 10s of thousands of rounds we tested with we could not tell any measurable difference in the reliability of our mags and OEM mags.

Then came durability testing. We wanted to see how a single mag would hold up over time so we used a G17 mag and started with 6000 rounds through that single mag. Other than being dirty and some light surface scratches it was unchanged. That mag now has over 10k rounds thought and still going strong. We were particularly interested in how our non metal feedlips help up to the wear. The feedlips are still new looking and no measurable amount of material has worn off.

Next was impact testing. We dropped hundreds of mags thousands of times. Loaded, unloaded. Hot, Cold, to -60. We never broke a single mag. Our drop tests consisted of 6ft drops on concrete. Fully loaded most of the time. We have a few 31 rounders that were dropped over 60 times each fully loaded and they still run just fine.

We ran over a G17 mag with an 8000lb diesel and it survived 6 times being run over. We left them in 180 degrees for a week straight, only taking it out occasionally to drop test and fire it. The mags were not affected by the heat. We put them in the thermatron and left them at -60 for 48 hours and performed the drop testing and they didn't break or crack. We ran them and they functioned as they should.

We know from previous testing that our material is extremely chemical resistant. That testing was extensive on our AR mags. We left them in all of the transportatonal fluids and many acids and solvents for a week straight. Also, our material is not affected by DEET. In all of these chemical tests our mags retained over 99% of their mechanical properties.

Finally is creep testing. This one is hard because it just takes a long long time to conduct. We have some of our glock mags that have been left fully loaded since last May and there is not measurable creep. So no need to worry about the feedlips spreading from storing them loaded.

If there is something I forgot to cover feel free to ask. There is a reason we can confidently offer a lifetime warranty on our mags...

So when do the transparent lower receivers and furniture hit the market?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be badass if key areas are reinforced with metal.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Please email [email protected] and they will get your account setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that program also include us firemans?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, couldn't resist.......

I still haven't received my mags from Botach I ordered on the 4th......
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I still haven't received my mags from Botach I ordered on the 4th......
View Quote

I ordered a lot of 22 and 31 rounders on the 13th, went to back order a few days later, I received a shipping notice 2 days ago. They still had them listed in stock as of yesterday (at a higher price) so yours are probably on the way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I got mine from AIM Surplus.  Love 'em so far!  Gonna try the Glock +2 baseplate out on my 31rd mags.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ran 300 through my 9mm AR today using ETS 31 rounders' without a hiccup.  Got them nice and dirty out here in the desert and they didn't jam up.
<a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/user/scuds03/media/IMG_0644_zpsdhgpkgun.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/scuds03/IMG_0644_zpsdhgpkgun.jpg</a>
View Quote

Could you tell us what kind of lower/upper are you using?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ran 300 through my 9mm AR today using ETS 31 rounders' without a hiccup.  Got them nice and dirty out here in the desert and they didn't jam up.
<a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/user/scuds03/media/IMG_0644_zpsdhgpkgun.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/scuds03/IMG_0644_zpsdhgpkgun.jpg</a>

Sure, this thread has my full rundown:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/694371_New_NFA_9mm_Build___Accuracy_Testing__Pics_.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Mags arrived from Botach today. Empty they drop free no problem, loaded to full capacity (22 and 31 rounds respectively) they drop but seem to hang up a little with the slide closed, more so with the 22 rounders. Loaded to -1 of capacity they drop perfect. I'm assuming the down force of the top round pushing against slide forces the mag against the mag release causing this on a full mag which to me isn't an issue as I see no need to drop a full mag with the slide closed. Really nice mags, glad I bought a bunch. I'll be running these hard this weekend and will update with how they perform. Did the drop free test on 3 different 19's, one gen 3 and 2 gen 4s and same results with all. So far, so good.

*UPDATE*
Did not get to run these too hard this weekend but did put about 300+ rounds through 4 of them with no issues. Mix of FMJ and 147 JHP, everything ran great and slide locked back every time. Bump fired one of the 22 rounders and it passed the test.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Good work patchy... I need to snag some...
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:00:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good work patchy... I need to snag some...
View Quote

About to order another 10. Half 17 have 19
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#30]
As a side note, these mags won't work with steel case ammunition.  I tried Tula in these things yesterday and the rounds get stuck on the magazine walls and/or each other and the followers won't push the rounds up reliably.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As a side note, these mags won't work with steel case ammunition.  I tried Tula in these things yesterday and the rounds get stuck on the magazine walls and/or each other and the followers won't push the rounds up reliably.
View Quote

It's cheap ammo, I wouldn't expect anything less.

It is pretty wild to see the spring ball up at the bottom when loaded to capacity.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

OEM mags and Pmags work fine with steel case ammo, so I do, in fact, expect these to work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sucks, I have used lots of BrownBear in my G19 with Glock mags...
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I've put about 300 rounds of steel case Wolf WPA through my ETS mags without issue.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my four 22 rounders finally today. My wife got her bottom two wisdom teeth pulled today so I haven't had a chance to really mess with them besides making sure every one dropped free empty and locked the slide back. I am really excited to try these out next time I go shooting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got my four 22 rounders finally today. My wife got her bottom two wisdom teeth pulled today so I haven't had a chance to really mess with them besides making sure every one dropped free empty and locked the slide back. I am really excited to try these out next time I go shooting.
View Quote

Do you have a glock 19? If so, pics!!!!!!! Plz
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

It is pretty wild to see the spring ball up at the bottom when loaded to capacity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know right?  Really shows the power of metallurgy.  I can't believe that big ass spring can crunch down that small and still work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I want to buy a G-17 just because I like these mags. I only own G-21's and 30S.

I also own several M&P 9mm.

Any future dates on G-21 or M&P mags. I would love a higher capacity mag for the M&P 9 Pro or the G-21 platforms.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I ordered one 22 to test. I have a 19. When I get home I'll get a picture. I'm not certain, but it looks to be the same length as a standard magazine with a factory +2 on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a glock 19? If so, pics!!!!!!! Plz

I ordered one 22 to test. I have a 19. When I get home I'll get a picture. I'm not certain, but it looks to be the same length as a standard magazine with a factory +2 on it.

I can take some pictures of them in my 19 and next to my 19 mag with it's plus 2 extension.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Metallitera asked for some photos, well sire here you are. This my Gen 3 19 and 2 of the four 22 rounders I got. They all drop free as I said before and the one that I loaded still drops free with no issues. The modifications I have done to the gun are: Custom stippling by me (My first time and I am pretty happy with it, very grippy), XS Big Dot 24/7 sights, GlockKraft DATT V2 in burnt bronze. and the Vickers extended Mag release and slide stop. I am so excited to try these out at the range.

This is the gun how I carry it now, with mags from left as: 15 rnd, 15 rnd w/ +2 extenson, loaded 22 rnd ETS mag, unloaded 22 rnd ES mag

This is the gun with the 15 rnd w/+2 extenson

This is the gun with the loaded 22 rnd ETS mag

This is the gun with the empty 22rnd ETS mag and slide locked back to rear.

This is the gun with 15 rnd w/+2 extension loaded in my carry rig (Raptor with raptor claw) and the loaded 22 rnd ETS mag in my G-code mag holder

And this is the above set up with a Soffie skivy shirt used as a cover garment (I was getting ready to mow the lawn when I took these).

edited to fix the pictures
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for taking the time to post those....
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Completely forgot to post these.   17 with plus two vs ETS 22 rounder

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Can anyone get a caliper measurement of the distance from front to rear on the inside? Wondering how ammo OAL max would compare to stockers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nominal is 1.190" They should all be there +- .002"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anyone get a caliper measurement of the distance from front to rear on the inside? Wondering how ammo OAL max would compare to stockers.

Nominal is 1.190" They should all be there +- .002"

That's interesting.  Would be nice to be able to load longer for .40.  My G35 has a deep chamber, but OAL limited by the OEM mags.  Do you have an ETA on the 140mm .40 mags and able to share how many rounds they'll hold once available?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top