[#2]
Here are the other 2.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the new full size is available 140 with code lav

*Sorry looks like my link was broken
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The slide looks out of proportion to the frame. Their newer frame is a much better fit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The slide looks out of proportion to the frame. Their newer frame is a much better fit.
View Quote
Yeah, the compacts are a much better and easier to build design. Are the new full size frames different than the originals?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, the compacts are a much better and easier to build design. Are the new full size frames different than the originals?
View Quote
They are almost the same as the compact. They'll be out in the fall. 
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Some pictures of the full size frames via Instagram
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
This reminds me of when Homer Simpson put speed holes in his car.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#11]
My first try at an P80 940c frame. I took it slow  using files, sandpaper and elbow grease-WD-40. A lot of smoothing and polishingand it came out great. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd try one of the newer V2 frames out ,but Gen 4 slides will not work due to the dust cover. They also have no intention of making them for the Gen 4 Glocks. They abruptly told me so right on their FB page.

I wonder when another company will step up and manufacture similar kits for the ever growing Gen 4 models. Pretty soon we'll have a Gen 5 that will probably be different as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Glock still owns the right to Gen4 design.  The rights to Gen3 expired.  There are no conspiracies to keep the gen4 away from you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Glock still owns the right to Gen4 design.  The rights to Gen3 expired.  There are no conspiracies to keep the gen4 away from you.
View Quote
That's 100% correct
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I stumbled into a gen 3 G17 complete upper at a excellent price and took advantage of the $10 off Brownells pre-order on the version 2 frame set.

We will see if it comes together as well as my P940 compact. Have the remaining lower parts in my parts box so should be an effortless build.

Picture of my 940C

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Polymer 80 finally replaced my first gen pre-order PF940 frame because it was garbage. The fact they never really acknowledged the early frames were hit and miss was frustrating.  

Nice to see they let us beta test the OG frame before doing it the right way.

Wish I would have dumped that replacement kit they sent immediately.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Today I put another 125 rounds through my v1.5 PF940.  Previously I had been getting BTF and very erratic ejection with this frame, but I replaced the 336 ejector with the 30274 and it is now much better - no BTF at all and the ejection pattern is much more consistent.  Everything functioned perfectly.

IMG_0349 by John, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#18]
that is beautiful
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems like a great deal for 17 rmr slides with 19 slides coming soon, no idea if they are gtg, but they do say made in the US and are not sweenson
Reddit link
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

that is beautiful
View Quote
Thanks. Other then finding a Glock 19 complete slide assembly, this was much easier than the 17/22.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got up the nerve to attempt a compact.  I'm using the standard black frame, an old Lonewolf style stainless slide and barrel from Ebay, and a bunch of spare parts I had already.  

I plan to not use any power tools on anything but the holes and not rush it.  I'm going to use hand files and take my time removing the top rail plastic and barrel channel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just got up the nerve to attempt a compact.  I'm using the standard black frame, an old Lonewolf style stainless slide and barrel from Ebay, and a bunch of spare parts I had already.  

I plan to not use any power tools on anything but the holes and not rush it.  I'm going to use hand files and take my time removing the top rail plastic and barrel channel.
View Quote
A dremel is a huge help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:36:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Here a couple of before and after of my first pd940c build. I went with the coyote polymer 80. I used some el cheapo tools from Harbour Freight which consisted of a dremel, hand files, sand paper and WD-40. The lower parts were factory Glock as well as the complete upper which is done in Battleworn NiB finish. I ran about 100 rds. through it the other day and it ran flawlessly!

Very slick cycling due to the NiB finish. I am absolutely blown away by it! It seems to shoot softer than my other Gen3/Gen4 G19s. It is lighter as well. I guess the only thing that I can attribute to it shooting softer is the improved grip/grip angle.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Polymer 80 finally replaced my first gen pre-order PF940 frame because it was garbage. The fact they never really acknowledged the early frames were hit and miss was frustrating.  

Nice to see they let us beta test the OG frame before doing it the right way.

Wish I would have dumped that replacement kit they sent immediately.
View Quote
Do we know which of the frames were faulty?

I ask because I have one in OD green that will not work. Completed it, with factory parts. Trigger bar rides too high and rubs slide excessively to the point of galling and will not return to battery without a light push. Will also allow a safety failure of the striker to release on reset.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Um, okay. Never said there was a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do we know which of the frames were faulty?

I ask because I have one in OD green that will not work. Completed it, with factory parts. Trigger bar rides too high and rubs slide excessively to the point of galling and will not return to battery without a light push. Will also allow a safety failure of the striker to release on reset.
View Quote
I had the first run with the broken tab for the FCG.  It was a pre-order with the first box.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Finished mine.  I did it with hand files.  Super easy.  I did not use a vise either.  Took roughly 3 hours and is perfect.

Next I'll try a full size frame.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#28]
ALG/Geissele says the 6 second mounts are not compatible with these lowers. Anyone try and modify their lower? I really want to buy a mount and try it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Still not ready for prime time in my opinion; their QC seems to suck.  

I put my compact model together today but I need to pull it back down and clean up where the trigger bar is striking the frame near the rear lugs and I guess heat the grip and twist a mag in it to enlarge it since my mags don't all drop free.  Most of my G19 mags will drop free but a few hang up when fully loaded (OEM Glock) and the G23 mags all refuse to drop free even unloaded- in contrast the G23 mags work just fine in the G19 frame when I have a G23 upper on it.  This is after dealing with out of spec rear pin holes that had to be moved forward in the frame in order to allow insertion of the pin (same exact thing as several people on gtalk have had), rear rails that needed some work since they didn't seat far enough in the frame and the rails were out of spec and out of alignment with the front rails and the slide locking lever spring hole not being deep enough requiring shortening the leg of the spring.    Yeah I know, some gunsmithing required and I'm OK with that to a point but had they gotten the rear block in spec most of this wouldn't have been necessary.  That and I don't have any idea how I would have increased the depth of the flat hole for the slide locking lever spring.  

That said, I like the looks of it much better than their earlier models.  It feels good in the hand including their rough texture finish and I like the tactile feel of the frame near the offhand thumb, the undercut triggerguard and the lack of finger grooves as well as the beveling in the mag well  and the extended tail.  I do not like how far the mag extension sticks out so I chopped mine down a little.  If they can get their QC issues fixed and continue to offer less expensive slide options I think they'll have a winner.  It should be easy to adapt the tech to other models as well.

ETA, It'd be nice if they offered them without the tools as well; nice to save a little money if you wanted another or already have a cabinet full of tools.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
*snip*

ETA, It'd be nice if they offered them without the tools as well; nice to save a little money if you wanted another or already have a cabinet full of tools.
View Quote
^ YES!  this exactly. ^
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok - my PF940c officially hit the malfunction free 2500 round mark this morning. The silly gun has wanted to run since I built it up a couple of months ago. 100% stock Glock parts.

Ammo has been a mix of my reloads (about 2k) and the rest was mixed weight factory ball and some 147 Winchester Ranger that I cycled out of my carry gun and spare magazines.

First 500 I ran it pretty wet and lately I have just put a drop of oil on each rail before leaving for the range.

Now I am pretty excited about the PF940V2 coming out soon. Sitting on a G17 slide and parts
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I got a slide off eBay. It actually works really good. So far it's done, I'll get a better optic when I can find one I want.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got a slide off eBay. It actually works really good. So far it's done, I'll get a better optic when I can find one I want.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204013/IMG_20170919_203340476-311955.JPG
View Quote
Well, recoil certainlly won't be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you share a bit more info on that slide and your source?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
sure @Wangstang..... i bought it off ebay.  the user is 80percentglock and their store is Tomorrowtheworld.  this is the title "Slide For Glock 17 G17 Gen3 Bare New 9mm Stainless Steel Polymer80".  just search that.  and now i see its $159.99 shipped, i paid $10 more than that in late Aug.  ugh!

i used ebates, so i got like 4% cash back on top of my Cabelas CC 1% back.  if you want to join ebates, i'll send you a referral link.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought a V1.5 full size kit during the sale at MidwayUSA last month.  Used a dremel and hand tools.  Build was going well till the rear rails which slowed things down.  

I  installed the lower parts kit and G22 slide.  Trigger seemed fine before installing the slide.  

Issue#1)  Slide operated fine by hand but the trigger would not release the firing pin and I had to push down on the trigger bar to release it so I could remove the slide.  Turns out the trigger bar's rear travel was being restricted from moving far enough back to release the firing pin.  I had to remove frame material below the right rear rail where the bar bends at the frame.  That problem was solved.  

Issue #2)  The trigger sits higher which makes the trigger bar high and the nub that releases the firing pin stop really rubbed hard on the underside of the slide creating resistance and heavier trigger.  Measured the height against my Glock frame and filed this nub down.  

Slides moves freely, locks into battery when held back 1/4".  Trigger feels pretty good.

Issue #3)  I noticed the trigger feel is not the same as my Glock frames even though I used the same internals.  Once the slide is installed the trigger is pushed farther forward and I can see this in some of the posted pics.  The back of the trigger safety is not touching the frame as it does with the Glock frame.  There's a lot more travel before FP release.  Still trying to determine what is causing this.  In quick follow up shots if you just release enough for reset its not an issue but the first shot has a long pull.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok new optic. I ran into a deal. I like this one much better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Took my V1 G17 out this past Saturday (pics are in this thread somewhere) and it ran flawless.  Fired 200+ rounds out of OEM 17rd and 21rd Magpul mags and not one hiccup.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody completed one of the new full sized guns yet?  They definitely look better, aesthetically and mechanically, than the first version.  

I'm still waiting on someone to make an 80% Sig P320- it should be easy since it's only the drop in trigger group that you'd have to make- a folded piece of metal and you drill the holes.  It might be cost prohibitive though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#40]
SIG has a lot of trigger bits they'll sell you cheap.  Slightly used, never dropped.  

On Weaponeer.net, someone just completed his Keltec P-11 frame and tested it.  It's working.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I completed my full-size v2 frame lady week. Much better than the v1 and v1.5. Basically it's the compact frame for the full-size upper
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I completed my full-size v2 frame lady week. Much better than the v1 and v1.5. Basically it's the compact frame for the full-size upper
View Quote
I haven't heard much feedback on the full-sized V2 frames yet.  Did you have any RTB issues?  Or any other teething problems?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#43]
None. Had RTB with v1. Like I said earlier. It is a compact frame scaled up for full size. 
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I apologize if this has been discussed already - I haven’t made it through this whole thread yet. Has anyone tested these frames in the various Safariland light holsters, in particular, the 6378USN or the 7TS? I’m curious if the rail holds the weapon light in the same position as the factory Glock frame. I’m guessing it hangs a little bit lower, but I’d like to this that was considered in the design. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I apologize if this has been discussed already - I haven’t made it through this whole thread yet. Has anyone tested these frames in the various Safariland light holsters, in particular, the 6378USN or the 7TS? I’m curious if the rail holds the weapon light in the same position as the factory Glock frame. I’m guessing it hangs a little bit lower, but I’d like to this that was considered in the design. Thanks!
View Quote
i have not, but i've seen where the CZ p 10 c with an attached surefire and even w/o one will fit in various glock holsters so i assume this may do the same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Built my V2 compact yesterday, with two hitches.  First the slide lock lever spring hole was 1/3 the depth it should be, tried and tried different springs and various ways to insert and check slot for obstructions, so I just cut the spring leg down and it seems to work.  Second my trigger would not reset during dry fire.  So I was thinking it was my trigger spring binding or connector.  Got to looking and my slide stop is a little tough so that got me to thinking that it is a little narrow where my trigger is.  I cleaned the frame and reassembled and now it will reset on the second rack of the slide (which is progress).  For the record all my parts are stock Glock from Brownells except for the 6lb trigger return spring.  All my other six or seven Glocks all have at least the 6lb trigger return spring in them and its a noticeable different feel, when the V2 does return it is like a standard Glock return.  I'm wondering now if one of the NY trigger springs would give a harder reset to help get things worked out better?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I am having the same problem as the poster above. I just assembled a V2. If I hold the trigger down with pressure and rack the slide, the trigger will not reset. It will reset on the second slide rack.
The trigger works fine if I release it before I rack it or if I let up pressure on the trigger then rack it.
All parts are stock glock parts and stock 17 slide.
Another issue is when I put the slide on, I have to smack it to get it on. It is catching on something just before the back of the slide touches the metal tab on the front of the trigger housing. If I smack the slide at that point it goes on all the way.
ETA: mine is a V2 full size frame.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My first try at an P80 940c frame. I took it slow  using files, sandpaper and elbow grease-WD-40. A lot of smoothing and polishingand it came out great. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/46311/IMG_4806-279269.JPG
View Quote
Awesome slide, exactly how I want to set mine up. Who did the slide work?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first try at an P80 940c frame. I took it slow  using files, sandpaper and elbow grease-WD-40. A lot of smoothing and polishingand it came out great. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it. Attachment Attached File
I think that is Polymer80s house-brand slide

I don't know who actually makes them for Polymer80 or if they make their own

ETA: My bad, I didn't look closely enough. Not a polymer80 slide
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Built my V2 compact yesterday, with two hitches.  First the slide lock lever spring hole was 1/3 the depth it should be, tried and tried different springs and various ways to insert and check slot for obstructions, so I just cut the spring leg down and it seems to work.  Second my trigger would not reset during dry fire.  So I was thinking it was my trigger spring binding or connector.  Got to looking and my slide stop is a little tough so that got me to thinking that it is a little narrow where my trigger is.  I cleaned the frame and reassembled and now it will reset on the second rack of the slide (which is progress).  For the record all my parts are stock Glock from Brownells except for the 6lb trigger return spring.  All my other six or seven Glocks all have at least the 6lb trigger return spring in them and its a noticeable different feel, when the V2 does return it is like a standard Glock return.  I'm wondering now if one of the NY trigger springs would give a harder reset to help get things worked out better?
View Quote
for me the hardest part of the build was getting that slide lock lever spring in there. more than likely yours is deep enough, the spring has to go in at just the right angle. it's truly a bitch to get in there. don't know why your trigger won't reset, though. i know one guy in here was having some trigger reset problems iirc and his issue was the striker channel. i know that sound weird but it's true.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top