Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Henry1:
The pic on top looks like someone tried to remove the finish to make it look battle-warn/shinny. The pic on the bottom, (recent finish by Glock?) looks better, but kind of inconsistent in color; maybe it's just the light in the pic. However, you'r right, it looks pretty much like all the new Gen-4 models. I like the old frying-pan look too. 

Thanks for posting the photos.

Now back to night-sights...
View Quote

The top pic was just how the finish wore off from use and daily carrying was very crappy finish that's fine sure, but I also thought it looked like the so called battle worn finish lol I guess I was ahead of the game on that one just used the gun and volla new finish that people pay for lol...
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone ever send one in for Night Front and STD rear?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to beat a dead horse but I just downloaded the form from Glock. It says to ship using FFL or Fed-ex distribution center.

An FFL is not required to send just the slide right? Otherwise I dont see how they can dictate that I cannot ship from local Fed-ex store? Overnight is overnight.

What did you do?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
That applies to a firearm. Doesn't apply to the slide.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't have to send the slide overnight, a slide is not a regulated item, only the frame needs to go that way.

BTW, excellent service by Glock.  Sent mine in for the $20 basic steel sights.  Sent last thurs in a USPS flat rate priority box, went on vacation until this thurs, and it was delivered back to me today.  8 day turnaround including shipping both ways.

Sent in the stripped slide and old recoil spring, they sent it back filled with new parts and new recoil spring.  I also sent two old mags that didn't feed properly and they sent me back two brand new ones  All for under 30 bucks

And to the guy asking about staked sights, mine is an old gen 2 that had the original dead night sights staked in the front.  There is no conversion required, the hole underneath the staked sight is the same as new style, so they just rip it out and screw on a regular new sight.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Just for clarification, some of you guys are removing all the parts from the slide and mailing in the bare slide and receiving a built out slide back? I would love to have a spare striker and extractor.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigBlueandGoldie:
Just for clarification, some of you guys are removing all the parts from the slide and mailing in the bare slide and receiving a built out slide back? I would love to have a spare striker and extractor.....
View Quote
Yes, I took all the internals out and sent it stripped, it returned complete with all new extractor, striker, etc. for free, in addition to the sights I paid for.  I also put my old recoil spring in the package and they sent back a new one, but I don't think they do that unless you send the old one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rob123456789:

Yes, I took all the internals out and sent it stripped, it returned complete with all new extractor, striker, etc. for free, in addition to the sights I paid for.  I also put my old recoil spring in the package and they sent back a new one, I don't think they do that unless you send the old one.
View Quote
Thanks, it almost seems too good to be true!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes, I took all the internals out and sent it stripped, it returned complete with all new extractor, striker, etc. for free, in addition to the sights I paid for.  I also put my old recoil spring in the package and they sent back a new one, I don't think they do that unless you send the old one.
yea its a hell of a deal,  lets just hope no one sends a letter asking if its ok,  you know like they did to the pistol stocks.........
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
How do you know that glock doesn't replace all those parts, even if you send the complete slide in?
Is that possible?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:10:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By blueinterceptor:
How do you know that glock doesn't replace all those parts, even if you send the complete slide in?
Is that possible?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they would still rebuild it, but probably not send the old parts back.  I wanted to keep my original gen 2 striker and extractor, and now I have spares.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:19:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Yes, I took all the internals out and sent it stripped, it returned complete with all new extractor, striker, etc. for free, in addition to the sights I paid for.  I also put my old recoil spring in the package and they sent back a new one, but I don't think they do that unless you send the old one.
View Quote
I sent them a stripped Glock 27 gen 3 slide without a recoil spring and they returned it with new slide parts AND a new recoil spring.  The spring they sent was an upgraded version with a new part number.  They did not do this with any other slides I've sent in for sights.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By blueinterceptor:
Is that possible?
View Quote
Why on earth would you do that?  You could sell your old parts on eBay for over $70.  Ask me how I know...
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
That is what I have been doing. Sent in four stripped slides and got complete parts for all of them. Because of that, Glock has the best deal on night sights anywhere when you take into account the costs of spare parts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Can someone post the sight picture of these night sights please?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hawkeye180:
Can someone post the sight picture of these night sights please?
View Quote
They're just regular 3 dot sights.  Nothing fancy

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I just got two slides back a 19 and a 21 ....... i got all new parts and recoil springs.  Sent stripped slides in 13 days ago.

Maybe not my favorite night sights but no way you can beat this deal especially when they are back up guns these are extremely bright.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Sent a 19 stripped slide last Thursday, got it back today with new sights and internals. Such an amazing deal and service that Glock offers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I sent in my 19, 26 and 21 and got them back within a week with new parts and a new case.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
I used to send my slides away, then I bought a cheap pusher and do it myself. .
View Quote
The point, you missed it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Just for clarification, some of you guys are removing all the parts from the slide and mailing in the bare slide and receiving a built out slide back? .
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I sent 2 slides in yesterday. I can use the slide parts for a project gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#24]
snatched a stripped gen 4 slide off the ee,  sending it out next week for new parts and sights

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By my2Dogs:
snatched a stripped gen 4 slide off the ee,  sending it out next week for new parts and sights

View Quote
smart move
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Just sent mine in. Shipping was more than the job since they require next day. I have $125 into it.Seems like a lot for a new site. Next time I will check with local gunsmiths.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ARMinnesota:
Just sent mine in. Shipping was more than the job since they require next day. I have $125 into it.Seems like a lot for a new site. Next time I will check with local gunsmiths.
View Quote
You only need to send your frame next day.

Your slide is not a "firearm" and can be mailed however you want.

I mailed mine via USPS Priority last Wednesday.  It cost me ~$7.  It arrived at Glock last Friday and they called me this morning for payment info.  They said it should be mailed out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dwcopple:
smart move
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By my2Dogs:

smart move
+1
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#29]
sent mine off today with 300 in insurance it cost me 10.22 
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
As said in reply to your first post asking about it, slides don't have to be sent next day...

That was your mess up bud. Next time send your slide in a flat rate USPS box.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Will they do suppressor height sights?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 6:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigBlueandGoldie] [#32]
Just a heads up, I just received a shipping notification that my slides are on their way back to me. They received them on Monday and they shipped them back today (Thursday). I didn't realize it, but they are mailing them "adult signature required" via FedEx, which is a pain in the ass. I would've had them shipped back to my office if I would've known. Not the end of the world, but I thought I would throw that out there for those who can't sit around waiting for a package. Total price for 2 sets of sights and the ride home was $120.38.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Sorry dude, you dun fucked up.  Shipping should have been a $7 usps flat rate box, slide is not a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By rgb03:
View Quote
No they only do stock plastic or steel night sights..
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By lyodbraun:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lyodbraun:
Originally Posted By rgb03:
I have heard of other factory Glock options, might have been a walk-in @ Smyrna though.
I'm sure you call and find out to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#36]
They just did steel plain sights for me $21.80
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#37]
They just did steel plain sights for me $21.80
View Quote
Yes I did the steel sights on my 21. If you look on page two of the warranty form they list the different services.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow
 guess I will be sending my slide back to Glock.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine took exactly one week.

Mailed it out on a Friday and I had it back in my hands the following Friday, with new sights and new internals.

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMinnesota] [#40]

Sorry dude, you dun fucked up.  Shipping should have been a $7 usps flat rate box, slide is not a firearm.
View Quote
Ripped myself off. Dammit!! I just called them and its shipping today. Lesson learned. FUCK! :)
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Well fuck this fucking shit. They havent contacted me yet like they have most of you. I may call them.
View Quote
They Glock never contacted me either, no email or shipping notice..  thankfully I was home when FedEx showed up because you need to sign for the package.. I did call them and make sure they received the slide and, made payment for the refinishing....
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Glock never contacted me for either of the 2 slides I sent. I'm signed up for fedex to email me whenever someone ships something. So both times I got an email from fedex with the tracking number.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Cant wait to get it back. Carrying an LCP temporarily. pew pew pew
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#45]
For you guys who put down your CC info on the work form, do they call you when your card is charged or is that only if you include no CC info with the slide? They've had it since last Thursday and I've been cheeking every day to see if they ran my card, no luck yet...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GatMo:
For you guys who put down your CC info on the work form, do they call you when your card is charged
View Quote
No.  I had my slide back before they even charged it
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#47]
No.  I had my slide back before they even charged it
View Quote
That's good news, maybe I'll get mine back for the weekend! Just checked and they charged my card on the 26th, just didn't post til this morning.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#48]
its a good deal,  BUT,  I put a note in the box for them to ship to an alternate address because I am at work the man stops to drop off the box,  they sent the damn thing to my house and I had to drive 45 miles away to get the thing,  so I guess I will put a different billing address in the box the next time I send one off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Shipped mine off. Again ar15.com costing me money.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone know if they will replace the internals in a new aftermarket stripped slide for free if I buy the night sights
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top