Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Mailed my slide in on 5/13, I got it back on 5/23.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Just sent my second one a g26 yesterday
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
After reading this thread over and over, I gave in. Mailed slide on 6/2 with a money order, FedEx brought it back to me today (6/10).
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone sent in a custom milled slide?  Will they install night sights on one?
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dan:
After reading this thread over and over, I gave in. Mailed slide on 6/2 with a money order, FedEx brought it back to me today (6/10).
View Quote

M/O for $57 even?
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By olekennyroy:

M/O for $57 even?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

M/O for $57 even?

No, I added in tax.  The .pdf from Glock for sending in for work says $57 + tax.
I wasn't sure (since I don't live in GA) so I called and was told to include tax at my local rate.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]

No, I added in tax.  The .pdf from Glock for sending in for work says $57 + tax.
I wasn't sure (since I don't live in GA) so I called and was told to include tax at my local rate.

View All Quotes

M/O for $57 even?

Can you post the link I have a 19 I would like to send in next week and I plan on using a CC.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I sent 4 of my Glock slides(last page), included a check without sales tax with no issues.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango_6] [#10]
So the slide doesn't need to be overnighted correct? I am going to strip down my slide and mail it in this week.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:
So the slide doesn't need to be overnighted correct? I am going to strip down my slide and mail it in this week.
View Quote

Correct, no overnight shipping required on the slide.   I ordered a set of sights from the Glock Store online 6-4-16, still no activity on my purchase.  

I read the Glock Store is slow on shipping, I believe it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango_6] [#12]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:

Correct, no overnight shipping required on the slide.   I ordered a set of sights from the Glock Store online 6-4-16, still no activity on my purchase.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:

Thanks I plan on having them install the sights. Are they still putting new parts in stripped slides?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I was charged by Glock on Monday, did anyone get a shipping notification of their slide coming back to them?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I was charged by Glock on Monday, did anyone get a shipping notification of their slide coming back to them?
View Quote

I didn't get anything from Glock.  Glock sent mine FedEx so I got one from my account through FedEx.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By chriscamilo:

I didn't get anything from Glock.  Glock sent mine FedEx so I got one from my account through FedEx.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chriscamilo:

This
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, Really quick turn around I shipped on the 16th and they charged me on monday.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Dang.  They are getting fast.  My 17 Gen 4 stripped slide was delivered by USPS on 27 June(Monday).  Fedex stuck a door tag on my door on 1 July(Friday).  Unlike with my other slide, I did not get a shipping notice via email or I would have had it in hand yesterday.  I picked it up today at the Fedex hub.  

Once again very happy with the service and value.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I sent my 19 in and got it back within a week and a half, I then sent in my 17 and it was returned quicker about a week. I am extremely impressed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Just sent my G23 Gen2 slide in to have Glock factory night sites installed as well as all new internals put into it. Also asked for a few new pieces as well, I'll let everyone know the turn around time for it all.

Great opportunity to get quality sites along with all new slide parts included fir $57 plus tax
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Has anyone done the slide and or barrel refinish?
View Quote

I had a 22 slide/barrel refinished about a month ago. Don't have any before and after pictures but it came back looking Factory new.

Hint: Send it in completely stripped and it will come back fully assembled.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By precision40:

I had a 22 slide/barrel refinished about a month ago. Don't have any before and after pictures but it came back looking Factory new.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By precision40:

How much for the slide refinish?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I did a slide a few years ago. Came out really good
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
great thread.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I think I might do this for my Glock 19
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
$45 for the slide, $60 for slide/barrel + shipping. Door-to-Door was 10 days.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Received the FedEx notification from Glock that my slide was back entire to me. Had mailed it last Thursday to them, but since they were closed Saturday didn't arrive to them until Tuesday. Received phone call Wednesday explaining that everything was complete and I could expect the charge to my CC for the night sites only and they had completely rebuilt my slide. They also recommended I send in the frame to have it rebuilt due to the age of my pistol , made in 1995 which they would due for free but I'd have to send via ffl to them

Thankfully guy I work with has his so should be a fairly easy process , will post pictures when it gets back
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Buy a Maryland Gun Works sight tool for $100 and install sights with ease.

/thread
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I just put them against a vinyl/faux tile floor hold it down with one foot, and drift them in with a brass punch and hammer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:35:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toxicbubbles] [#30]
Originally Posted By HoyaSaxa:

/thread
View Quote

While doing it yourself is appealing it is much more cost effective to send it to Glock. 6.80 shipping per slide or 100 bucks for a tool. Hmmmm. Plus the slide is rebuilt. It just isn't cost effective to DIY in this situation.

And back on track...sent two slides Wednesday for the sights. My 22 has started to not lock back after firing last round. Tried new mags and new slide lock to rule it out. Also tried various ammo and borrowed a new RSA to test. Best I can tell the slide has been damaged in some way. It will lock back manually though. I noted it and hopefully they have some fairy dust to sprinkle on it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got my Glock 23 slide back today, overall one business week from time received till time of attempted delivery. Had to go to my local FedEx store to pick up due to work schedule. Well worth it
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Sent my striped slide off last Monday. They called me and I had to give CC info due to not including sales tax on the money order
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:38:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#33]
Originally Posted By Tmcgahe2:
...Do they install their suppressor sights and if so what the price is? Thanks!
View Quote

Anyone?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#34]
The gun shop I work at will do sights for free if you buy them there or 25 dollars a set if you bring them in.  Same day service as long as we have the time/bench space to do it.  If we have nothing going on in the back room we can get a set of GLOCK sights installed in about 10 or 15 minutes.  They're super easy to do with the sight press we have.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
The gun shop I work at will do sights for free if you buy them there or 25 dollars a set if you bring them in.  Same day service as long as we have the time/bench space to do it.  If we have nothing going on in the back room we can get a set of GLOCK sights installed in about 10 or 15 minutes.  They're super easy to do with the sight press we have.
View Quote

Yeah but the sights are probably extremely overpriced if you buy them at a gun store.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I was charged $60.99 by Glock 11/11/16.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hanzerik:
Sent my striped slide off last Monday. They called me and I had to give CC info due to not including sales tax on the money order
View Quote

Are they putting in the parts to make it a complete slide for free?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Also interested in if they will do Glock suppressor height sights.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

View All Quotes

Everything but the RSA.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HoyaSaxa:

/thread
View Quote

Does MGW give you a free striker assembly and extractor every time you instal a set of sights?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
View Quote

If i bring a stripped slide to your store will you sell me night sights, a striker assembly, an extractor, depressor, plunger, spring and firing pin safety for $56 and install it all for free?  if not its not really a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

Everything but the RSA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

Everything but the RSA.

This

Got my slide back yesterday afternoon. Sights look good, and slide came back fully assembled except for the barrel and recoil spring assembly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Had them do my Gen 3 19 in the summer and now I got a Gen 4 19 so I'll have them do that one as well
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#44]
They are getting super fast. Sent my Glock 19 Gen 2 for a complete rebuild, hoping that the frame wouldn't need to be replaced like it  ended up being with my Glock 23 Gen 2. Got a call last Wednesday that they had received it and would be rebuilding it for free, putting night sites in per my request, and also refinisbing the barrel per my request (guy I got it from had stripped the finish off and i didn't dig that look).

Received call last Wednesday to get CC info, told it would be about 5-10 days. I was fine with that, not rush to get it back since I'm carrying my Gen4. Received email notification I would get it back on Wednesday, but had to delay pickup due to work. Going to pick up today
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Sent my third slide in this Saturday (1/21).  Of course detail stripped.  I am getting the steel sights ($20) and will post pics when I get it back. Hopefully filled with parts like my other two were...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Is a damn easy DIY job.  Just need a sight pusher...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StewartTR:
Is a damn easy DIY job.  Just need a sight pusher...
View Quote
you are missing the point.  You get a mess of free parts just to send it in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I sent my 21 and 26 slides in yesterday.  I stripped them both first.  Hoping their turn-around time is quick as I have an indoor GSSF match on 2/12.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Who wants to be the guy to contact Glock to see if they'll install suppressor sights, I don't think asking in this thread a forth time is gonna yield a result.

Mailed my 43 slide out today, stripped of course. Supposed to arrive there in GA Monday, hopefully their fast turnaround streak has continued as I could really use it next weekend. I want to thank all you guys for the info in this thread. I hate the standard Glock sights but always turned off from swapping right away because of the added cost; this is a hell of a good deal and this first one is going to be one of many I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GatMo:
hopefully their fast turnaround streak has continued as I could really use it next weekend.
View Quote
Not sure it is.  They got my slide on Tuesday and still have it.  Be sure to sign up for FedEx ship manager so you get notified when it ships and you can have it held so you don't miss the signature delivery.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top