Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Ouch.

For one slide, it's like 11.50 ish to ship with a small flat rate box and 300 in insurance.  While a slightly larger box would give you a bit more padding and crush protection, a small flat rate is enough when you add bubble wrap and maybe an airpack or two.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent my slide in and it shows that it was delivered on 2/16.  I haven't received a charge or call yet.  Do you guys think I should wait or just call on Monday and see what's going on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By financiers:
I sent my slide in and it shows that it was delivered on 2/16.  I haven't received a charge or call yet.  Do you guys think I should wait or just call on Monday and see what's going on.
View Quote

Why would they call?

Just sit tight.  Your card will be charged in a week or two and your slide will be shipped via Fedex.  They will send the tracking number to the email address you put on the sheet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Why would they call?

Just sit tight.  Your card will be charged in a week or two and your slide will be shipped via Fedex.  They will send the tracking number to the email address you put on the sheet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Why would they call?

Thanks FDC,

I thought I read somewhere here that they call before they charge your card, but I could be mistaken.  I guess I'm a bit over excited since this is my first pistol :D
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
They only called me because I sent a check that didn't include sales tax in the amount.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks FDC,

I thought I read somewhere here that they call before they charge your card, but I could be mistaken.  I guess I'm a bit over excited since this is my first pistol :D
View All Quotes

Why would they call?

Thanks FDC,

Nope, as long as you listed your card number on the form, they'll charge it for you.  

Wouldn't be surprised if their warranty department is lined up with tons of boxes and opened generally in the order the receive them.  They were just a cunt hair over the two week estimation for mine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
sent my stripped 43 slide out via UPS today! cant wait to get it back!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Do it yourself, too easy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By sandblaster:

Do it yourself, too easy.
View Quote

It's cheaper to have them do it, unless you want specific sights.  Plus they rebuild the slide for free.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay I have only read through a few pages. How are the sights for shooting is it where the front sight is or do you still have to aim low? Also I see they have different size rear sights I would like to be able to aim the Glock like I aim my sig and hit the target.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock sights are easy to change yourself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By INMY01TA:
View Quote

Worthless post.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

Worthless post.
View All Quotes

Worthless post.

But but DIY and no free parts and uh um.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#14]
2/11 Mailed out
2/16 Picked up by Glock at the post office (they tried delivering it on a Saturday but Glock was closed and the 15th was a holiday)
2/17 Got a call from Glock confirming the serial number (My slide and frame don't match so I wrote down the frame serial number and they wanted the slide serial number to confirm it was mine. Luckily I had the barrel which has the same serial number as the slide)
2/18 Card charged
2/23 Shipped out by Glock
2/25 Delivered to my door. The slide was wrapped in padding, inside a cardboard envelope, which was inside a box.

Sent it stripped and got new parts except the RSA. While on the phone I asked about an extended slide stop and the guy said he'll throw one in at no cost.

$14.14 for me to send it out USPS Priority with $300 insurance (better safe than sorry)
$60.56 Charged by Glock

Total of $74.70 for Glock night sights. I don't think that's a bad deal. The wait wasn't too long either. It would've been faster if I sent it out on a Monday and with no holidays in between.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:10:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: INMY01TA] [#15]

Worthless post.
View All Quotes

Worthless post.

As was yours.
He asked so I told him

Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:

Worthless post.

But but DIY and no free parts and uh um.

Doesn't take people 6,000 rounds to realize they hate their Glock sights, most swap them when new. No free parts needed.
Why mail your gun off for something that takes 5-10 minutes? Car forum or gun forum I'll always recommend someone buy a few tools and diys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Doesn't take people 6,000 rounds to realize they hate their Glock sights, most swap them when new. No free parts needed.
Why mail your gun off for something that takes 5-10 minutes? Car forum or gun forum I'll always recommend someone buy a few tools and diys.
View Quote

not all people buy their glock new. I also got mine used, and I want to make sure every part in my gun is in excellent condition. You will never know how the gun was handled or maintained. From my google search, it will cost more to buy the sights and tools and DIY it unless you need to change 10 + glock sights. If you send it to glock it will cost you around $60 plus $5.90 shipping, and you will get the night sights, all brand new internals (minus RSA), and Glock will let you know if you have any problem with the slide.
Even if the gun was new, you will have extra set of internals that you can use in the future or sell it.
So, it is logical to send it to get it done.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
2/16 - stripped G26 slide dropped off at Post Office
2/18 - received by Glock
2/24 - FEDEX shipping notification
3/1 - expected delivery

I put my CC info on the order sheet, no phone calls from Glock.  Pretty simple process, took them one week from receiving it to shipping it back out.  I'll probably send my G21 slide in next.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Sent my 31 in on 2/8 had it back on 2/19.

Very happy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:57:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Azaziel] [#19]

Nope, as long as you listed your card number on the form, they'll charge it for you.  

Wouldn't be surprised if their warranty department is lined up with tons of boxes and opened generally in the order the receive them.  They were just a cunt hair over the two week estimation for mine.
View All Quotes

Why would they call?

Thanks FDC,

When I sent my slide in for night sights even though I listed my card number on the form when I sent mine in they still called me and asked me for the number before I was charged.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#20]
Interesting. I sent 4 slides to Glock and they were signed for by an A. Angela on 2/10...Haven't heard a thing.....I might call.....I might not
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Sent mine on 2/16
Glock Received on 2/18
Order was put in their system 2/25
still processing
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bainbridge:
Sent mine on 2/16
Glock Received on 2/18
still processing
View All Quotes
Sent mine on 2/16
Glock Received on 2/18
still processing

RE the ""

I'm sure your slide isn't the only one they've received in the past couple days, months, or years.  I recommend patience.  

From the warranty form:
Turn around is approximately two weeks  from date of receipt. However, turn around time is subject to change without notice.

It would be interesting to see how many slides/guns the warranty shop gets every day.  I can imagine a small dump truck with a USPS logo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#23]

RE the ""

I'm sure your slide isn't the only one they've received in the past couple days, months, or years.  I recommend patience.  

From the warranty form:

It would be interesting to see how many slides/guns the warranty shop gets every day.  I can imagine a small dump truck with a USPS logo.
View All Quotes
Sent mine on 2/16
Glock Received on 2/18
still processing

RE the ""

From the warranty form:
Turn around is approximately two weeks  from date of receipt. However, turn around time is subject to change without notice.

Yep, I sent mine on the 12th and it got there on the 16th because of the holiday.

I really don't like the "mush...  Click" of the trigger. 2.5 G27.  Is there a spring or part I can order from them to send back with my slide to change this or do I have to go with an aftermarket whole trigger assembly?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:40:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#24]
Glock signed for my slides on the 10th and Fed Ex delivery back from Glock today.
Included was a bit of swag, my old sights, and a new Glock pistol case(sent mine in a small cardboard box).

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Glock signed for my slides on the 10th and Fed Ex delivery back from Glock today.
Included was a bit of swag, my old sights, and a new Glock pistol case(sent mine in a small cardboard box).

http://i.imgur.com/XxrgaDJ.jpg?1
View Quote

Wow.  I didn't even get my old sights back.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

I took mine off

the front had a nick in it anyway.

some have said they asked for them and did receive them back

im happy with mine,  also plan to send a gen 2 23 off to have the internals upgraded.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Intune] [#27]
Tracking sent from Glock!  Woot!

ETA:  Wed.  Arrived just now, looks great, new parts!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Sending the G43 slide out tomorrow. This is the 5th slide I have sent to Glock for night sights.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BATTLE_CAT] [#29]
Sent two slides to Glock yesterday. Forgot to put the "Attn. Technical Support" part down on the shipping label. Hope all goes well

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Shipped my stripped G43 slide to Glock on 2/19.  

ARRIVED Glock on 2/23.

Glock FedEx it back to me departing Smyrna Tuesday 3/1.

Est. Arrival on West Coast to me Tuesday 3/8.  

Very fast turn-a-round.  

But I had no idea you could ship something that slow via FedEx.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Mailed in three slides Friday 3/11.  Tracking showed they were delivered Monday 3/14.  Credit card statement shows I was charged Thursday 3/17.

How long after getting charged were any of you seeing them shipped back?  I've had no emails and calls, and in my paperwork I had to ask that they inspect my Gen 2 G19 slide because the RSA doesn't fit quite right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 7:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PCBliss] [#32]
With the 43 slide I just got back, they charged the card Friday and shipped Monday.

They say they will email you a tracking number if you provided an email address on the form. They have not emailed me a tracking number for any of the five slides I have sent. Since they ship fedex with adult signature required, I have to wait till I get a delivery attempt notice on my door and then go online and redirect it to the FedEx Office near my work so I can sign for it there.

I highly recommend signing up for the FedEx and UPS shipment manager accounts. As soon as a tracking number gets created that's addressed to you, you get an email letting you know. Then you can go online and redirect to a different FedEx or UPS location in advance where you can sign for it and pick it up

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By PCBliss:

With the 43 slide I just got back, they charged the card Friday and shipped Monday.
They say they will email you a tracking number if you provided an email address on the form. They have not emailed me a tracking number for any of the five slides I have sent. Since they ship fedex with adult signature required, I have to wait till I get a delivery attempt notice on my door and then go online and redirect it to the FedEx Office near my work so I can sign for it there.

I highly recommend signing up for the FedEx and UPS shipment manager accounts. As soon as a tracking number gets created that's addressed to you, you get an email letting you know. Then you can go online and redirect to a different FedEx or UPS location in advance where you can sign for it and pick it up

View Quote

I've got that service with UPS, I didn't know Fedex does it as well.  That will help since knocking on the door means my dogs going nuts and waking up my fiance that's a night shift nurse, so I prefer diverting to the local Fedex store for pickup.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#34]
10 day turnaround on my 19 slide. I really like the night sights, they remind me of trijicon HD's a little bit because the rear sight is set further back on the slide but the front sight isn't outlined in orange or yellow. They are fairly bright, the free parts were a huge bonus I asked them to bill me for an extended slide release and they guy I spoke with said "no worries, I'll just through it in there with the slide at no charge" As stated earlier in this thread, make sure to strip the slide because they will rebuild it with all new parts
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Impressive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kronus92] [#36]
Has anyone sent in a G43? Did they replace all of the internals and provide a new RSA?

I'm debating if it is worth it to send mine in and lose it for 2+ weeks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By kronus92:
Has anyone sent in a G43? Did they replace all of the internals and provide a new RSA?

View Quote

Yes, i sent in a stripped G43 slide. Yes they sent it back with all new internals. No they didn't send a RSA. The RSA has never been part of that "deal" though, just some people are sending in the old RSA with the slide and asking for a new one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

Yes, i sent in a stripped G43 slide. Yes they sent it back with all new internals. No they didn't send a RSA. The RSA has never been part of that "deal" though, just some people are sending in the old RSA with the slide and asking for a new one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Originally Posted By kronus92:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Sent to Glock: 4/30/16
Received by Glock: 5/02/16
Sent to me: 5/09/16
Available for pickup at local Fedex: 5/14/16

About a two week turnaround.  Very happy to have the extra slide parts.  Thanks to all in this thread!  

Now I just need a holster for the 19 so I can carry that and send off the 43!

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AlanBolin602:

View Quote

Glock Sport Combat holster
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OilfieldTrash78] [#41]
I had mine back to me in 10 days exactly from the time I dropped it off until it was in my hands.  Sent the slide completely stripped, and it was sent back complete.  Now to send the 43 slide in.  Does it cost the same for the 43?

ETA:  also, do they do suppressor height night sights?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kronus92] [#42]
Sent: 5/10/16
Picked up from fedex: 5/18/16

Not bad at all.

ETA: Oilfield, it's the same price for the 43. Don't know about suppressor height.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I drive within about two miles of the place when going to work. They've put NS on my 19, 42 and 43. I've always been very satisfied.

What are you referring to when you say you're sending the "Stripped" slide?  What is an RSA, Return shipping authorization?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:50:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By evolution88:
I drive within about two miles of the place when going to work. They've put NS on my 19, 42 and 43. I've always been very satisfied.

What are you referring to when you say you're sending the "Stripped" slide?  What is an RSA, Return shipping authorization?

Thanks
View Quote

Recoil Spring Assembly
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By evolution88:
What are you referring to when you say you're sending the "Stripped" slide?
View Quote

detail strip the slide.  Pull the extractor, loaded bearing, end plate, striker assembly, striker block.  They put new parts in for free.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dwcopple:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dwcopple:
Originally Posted By AlanBolin602:

Thanks for the suggestion!  Gonna give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Can someone please IM me the details on how to ship the slide to Glock.  I don't have time to read the 12 pages.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Shipped my slide off this time last week, confirmed it arrived Friday 5/20.  Received an email from Fedex that my slide has shipped and will arrive this friday, 5/25.  Talk about a turn around time!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:
Can someone please IM me the details on how to ship the slide to Glock.  I don't have time to read the 12 pages.
View Quote

Fill out the form, ship it in a small flat rate box with appropriate cushioning insured for a couple hundred ish.  If you want to baby your slide stick it in a medium flat rate box with appropriate padding.  Pay/print the shipping at home so the tracking is free.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Just curious if anyone knew before I called them tomorrow. Do they install their suppressor sights and if so what the price is? Thanks!
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top