Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nate19:
I wouldn't waste my time sending a gun away to have anyone put night sights on it. Plenty of local gunsmiths, gun stores, and just random handy people that would be willing to do it for a small fee. Some places will install them for free if you buy the night sights at their store.
View Quote

Took a couple of seconds at Shoot Straight, free.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't waste my time sending a gun away to have anyone put night sights on it. Plenty of local gunsmiths, gun stores, and just random handy people that would be willing to do it for a small fee. Some places will install them for free if you buy the night sights at their store.
View Quote

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not around here.  Reliable, trustworthy smiths are in short supply in my neighborhood.  

I've got one smith that I trust and he's a very busy guy.  Doubt he could turn it around faster than Glock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Are the glock night sights plastic or steel?  

Do they send back your original sights?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Got mine back just a few minutes ago.  7.5 business days from the time it was shipped to Glock to the moment it was returned.

Sights look great.  

Glock also shipped with new extractor depressor plunger, firing pin, new springs for both and a slide cover plate.  All of which I removed prior to shipping.  

Well worth the cost IMO.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BeRzErKaS:

View Quote

This! I have a 1998 23 that has factory Meprolights on it and a 2005 21 that has plastic Glock marked night sights. What are they currently shipping back? Also to the guy that ask for the Hackathorns, did they put them on? I saw on a LE pricelist that you could pick from Glock, Ameriglo, and Trijicon night sights. Wondered if they stock the Hqckathorns
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wishoot1:
Got mine back just a few minutes ago.  7.5 business days from the time it was shipped to Glock to the moment it was returned.

Sights look great.  

Glock also shipped with new extractor depressor plunger, firing pin, new springs for both and a slide cover plate.  All of which I removed prior to shipping.  

Well worth the cost IMO.
View Quote

And thats why I always tell people to ship a stripped slide in for night sights.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Steel.

I remove the sights before i send the slide in.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:45:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wishoot1] [#8]

View Quote

The night sights are steel and no, they did not return the factory plastic sights.  

No loss IMO.  

As I stated above, they did fully replace every item I stripped from the slide before I mailed it to them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:11:13 AM EDT
[#9]

The night sights are steel and no, they did not return the factory plastic sights.  

No loss IMO.  

As I stated above, they did fully replace every item I stripped from the slide before I mailed it to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No loss IMO.  

My exact experience.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

This! I have a 1998 23 that has factory Meprolights on it and a 2005 21 that has plastic Glock marked night sights. What are they currently shipping back? Also to the guy that ask for the Hackathorns, did they put them on? I saw on a LE pricelist that you could pick from Glock, Ameriglo, and Trijicon night sights. Wondered if they stock the Hqckathorns
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

I didn't make myself clear. I had Hackathorns ON my Slide and wanted them taken off and stock Night sights installed. Glock did want I wanted and sent my orginal sights back along with rebuilding my slide and giving me a new recoil spring. They even returned my maritime spring cups.

I was able to sell the used Hackathorn sights for $50.00 They where 3 years old.

I like the Hackathorn sights but I actually pocket carry my G26 a good bit and It was tearing my pockets all to shreds.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not around here.  Reliable, trustworthy smiths are in short supply in my neighborhood.  

I've got one smith that I trust and he's a very busy guy.  Doubt he could turn it around faster than Glock.
View All Quotes

In my area their are quite a few people that can install sights but why pay $90.00 for night sights and then have to install them yourself or find someone to do it for you.  Makes no sense to me. I would much rather pay the $61.99 + shipping and have my slide rebuilt by the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#12]
anybody got pics of the new glock replacement night sights?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Derek45:
View Quote

I'll try to snap a picture later.  

They're nothing mind-blowing though.  Just good, honest night sights.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Shipped My Second batch of Slides

It was a G42 slide "stripped" and a New G17Gen4 Slide

Shipped from 30521 on SEPT 30 at 9:32AM
Received By Glock  on Oct 1 at 9:59AM
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I installed mine with only a front sight wrench and a leatherman which i used as a hammer. They look great! No scratches or anything.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

View Quote

Very interested how this one turns out!.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Derek45:
View Quote

Should be the same as the factory night sights on new Glocks. Steel, shaped like basic trijicons but marked with a glock logo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#18]

In my area their are quite a few people that can install sights but why pay $90.00 for night sights and then have to install them yourself or find someone to do it for you.  Makes no sense to me. I would much rather pay the $61.99 + shipping and have my slide rebuilt by the manufacturer.
View All Quotes

Some people still dont understand that we are not just getting sights for $55.00.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Received the slides Back today Oct 13 2015

The G42 slide was rebuilt see pics below.

Dont know this for sure but this could be the First G42 with factory Glock Night sights, Glock told me they did not offer this 6 Months ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#20]

[url=http://postimage.org/][img=http://s27.postimg.org/dt813nlf7/IMG_3831.jpg][/url]

The messed up G 42 mag I sent in was replaced with this. The new is on the right and the old is on the left.

When I bought my G42 It has shipped with the second generation mag, so I guess Glocks is producing a 3 version of the G42 mag now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#21]
" />
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
This is awesome. Looks like I'm going to have to send off my 26 slide sometime and get the night sights replaced.

I'll have to keep this in mind next time I see trade-ins for a good price. Makes me regret not picking up one of those 19s AIM had for $350 a few weeks ago..
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#23]
http://<a href=http://s27.postimg.org/dt813nlf7/IMG_3831.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Thanks for the G42 mag pic. havent seen a 380 marked 03 before.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Just sent my 23 slide into Glock today. Waiting patiently

I would not have known about this had it not been for this thread. Thanks guys !
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Sent one of my G19 slides off (sans internals of course) on Wed as a result of this thread as well.  Thanks for the heads up on a somewhat hidden gem of a service from Glock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Stripped slide mailed: 13Oct2015
Delivered to Smyrna, GA: 15Oct2015  

Not really sure how the process works from here...  Haven't been contacted yet or received any kind of confirmation they received it.  Thanks for the heads up guys!
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Not really sure how the process works from here...  Haven't been contacted yet or received any kind of confirmation they received it.  Thanks for the heads up guys!
View Quote

If you sent a check with the slide, you'll get a shipping notification from Glock within a few days and your slide a couple of days after that.  If you requested Glock contact you for your credit card information, you'll get a call from a Glock representative very soon.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 12:47:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Statman] [#28]
Shipped 10-7-15
Delivered 10-9-15
CC Charged 10-12-15
Shipped back 10-16-15
Delivered 10-21-15 (with one attempt 10-20-15)

My only gripe is the adult signature requirement for the return package. Not a big deal in the grander scheme of things.

Once again, Glock gives excellent value for the money and prompt customer service.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#29]
got the call yesterday and gave info today. I sent it stripped so looking to see if they do the extras
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I sent mine stripped, along with worn out recoil springs. It came back complete, with new recoil springs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I really need to send my gen 2 in. Wonder if they would strip and replace everything for me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ubar_Jay:
I really need to send my gen 2 in. Wonder if they would strip and replace everything for me.
View Quote

send it in stripped yourself.  A monkey can do it it's so simple.

Sig Sauer really needs to offer this for the same price.  I'd be all over it
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#33]
i find it odd Glock will install night sights for $57 yet you cannot buy the sights  yourself for anywhere near that price.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By scottzilla:
i find it odd Glock will install night sights for $57 yet you cannot buy the sights  yourself for anywhere near that price.
View Quote

Economies of scale. The are buying so many that they pass the lower price to the customers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By dwcopple:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dwcopple:

Originally Posted By Ubar_Jay:

I know they do slides but, frame too? (trigger, assembly, locking blocks, etc?)

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Glock will sell you a set of night sites for $57:  https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts/slide-parts/sights-tools?sight_type=124

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ar15eric:

Economies of scale. The are buying so many that they pass the lower price to the customers.
View All Quotes

You misunderstood me.  I should be able to buy the sights from Glock (The same ones they would install on my slide) for $57.00.    
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#38]

You misunderstood me.  I should be able to buy the sights from Glock (The same ones they would install on my slide) for $57.00.    
View All Quotes

You CAN buy them for $57 (plus shipping) directly from Glock.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Crap.  I looked everywhere EXCEPT Glock direct and Couldn't find anything under $79 for the OE sights.

Good info, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Crap.  I looked everywhere EXCEPT Glock direct and Couldn't find anything under $79 for the OE sights.

Good info, thanks.
View Quote

No worries.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I installed a set of Trijicon HD's on my G19 and didn't like their high profile on the G19 so I took them off the 19 and installed them on my G17 I then found a new set of GLOCK night sights on the equipment exchange that a guy had removed from his G19 I bought them and installed them on my G19 and prefer their lower profile and rounded edges over the trijicons. The factory plastic sights are very easy to remove and the factory night sights fit perfect without having to fit the rear sight to the slide which is common with aftermarket sights. I am happy with the deal I got and the sights themselves.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SoTexAggie:
This is awesome. Looks like I'm going to have to send off my 26 slide sometime and get the night sights replaced.

I'll have to keep this in mind next time I see trade-ins for a good price. Makes me regret not picking up one of those 19s AIM had for $350 a few weeks ago..
View Quote

They have them again, 202 in stock right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

You can. https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts/.....

Or you can strip you slide and send it in for the same price and get all new parts as an added bonus.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Sent my G42 slide in today for Night Sights.

Stripped, of course.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#45]
got mine back today. fully reassembled. like free parts.

i should send my 21 in
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:13:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: williedikker72] [#46]
Burning vacation so thought I would post some different pics for the thread. The 21 is from 2005 with factory Glock night sights and the 23 is from 1998 with the Tru Dot marked Meprolights that came from the factory like that. The newer Glock sights seem to have the tritium capsules seated deeper inside the sight body and may even be slightly smaller in diameter to the eye. The Glock sights are both staked in at the front sight instead of the small nut. Is this how the factory is still installing the fronts? FWIW, I feel like I get a better sight picture and can shoot the 21 better, but like the sight profile better on the 23. The SIG 220 is just there for reference with the Siglites being pretty much straight trijicon dots. Not differences in Glock finishes between 1998 and 2005 also...

Ok, Fuck it. I took a few more pics, but have no idea what the fuck happened when I downloaded them from my tablet. This is the best ya get!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#47]

If you sent a check with the slide, you'll get a shipping notification from Glock within a few days and your slide a couple of days after that.  If you requested Glock contact you for your credit card information, you'll get a call from a Glock representative very soon.
View All Quotes

Well... as of today I've been without my slide for 2 weeks now...

Contacted by Phone: 20Oct2015
CC Billed: 21Oct2015

No further contact. Hope something shows up in my mailbox soon.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#48]
best to call them. i put my email on the slip yet never got a notice.

i called 2 days after paymen and got th tracking number from the rep.

it can nly be delivered during the week and equires a adult signature fed ex
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Mine took about 7.5 working days.  Don't fret.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got mine today. I must say A+ for Glock customer service. I sent back in some recall parts with it (since my Gen2 is 21 years old) and my locking block had a crack. I also requested an extended mag release and slide release (expecting to pay for them). To my surprise Glock only charged me for the night sights! And of course I sent my stripped slide and it came back with new slide parts. Very happy customer, I am.

Timeline -
Sent out slide priority mail on 10/16.
It got delayed and arrived at Glock on 10/21.
Glock called me 10/23 for CC number.
Got here today 10/29.

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top