Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 2:04:42 AM EDT
So much for Drastic Plastic.
I was so intrigued by the looks and official Israeli military acceptance of the DEEP6COMP back strap channel insert I got one from Glockmeister. Actually I got two, one for my 17 and one for the 23. The 17 went in fine. When the time came for the 23 it was tight so I read the pamphlet and it instructed me to put pressure on the button while pushing it in. Well it went in with a snap. I thought I broke the the little tit that locks it in place, but no, the snap was my Glock 23 back strap splitting at the lanyard hole down to the end of the butt.
No caution was giving in the pamphlet about the possibility of this occurring. I'm not blaming anyone but myself, however it would of been a nice idea.
To say the least I am very unhappy. The gun is a newborn just picked up from the FFL one week ago.
What is the deal now?
Will Glock replace the receiver for me with the same serial number?
Any help is appreciated.
I will supply a pic when I get my camera back Thursday.
I hate myself alot right now.

Glocktalk link www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79791
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Lets us know what Glock has to say .
Thats a tuff one .

I don`t know anything about those plugs,
Never tryed them , Now I never will.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good Luck

If I saved one sole from this tragedy it was all worth it. Do it for the children.
http://www.glockmeister.com/bcicolor.jpg
http://www.glockmeister.com/bcia.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p743655fb7760af271813782d6915a07e/fdbc09aa.jpg.orig.jpg

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Called Glock, they will fix it no problem. New frame, new serial number also. About 6 weeks from now I will have it back.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am very happy to hear that Glock will fix your mess up.

I love my 10mm Model 20.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a "23" also,no problem with the insert...however...mine was a JENTRY. It snapped in with no problem.
Sorry about the break.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Just send the damn thing off to T. Mark Graham to have the offending hump sanded off (and the broken part along with it).

I don't know what sort of alien appendage Glock was trying to design these new frames to fit, but nobody I ever met was happy with them.  

In fact, I just swapped a 3rd generation Glock 23 for a 1st generation Glock 19.  Now I can shoot reloads with fewer worries, and my hand doesn't hurt for three weeks afterward.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought the Scherer  version plugs before I saw the flush ones. Inserted with no problems (19 & 22, 2nd gen) I think besides keeping "stuff" out of the hole it fills the void against damaging the thin part on the bottom of the backstrap area, offering support where it gets hit the most in a holster. Plus I don't want any spiders taking up residence in my guns...I knew I shouldn't have seen that movie.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't imagine the butt of a Glock splitting.  Is it possible that the crack you see is just the mold mark?  If it's really a crack, maybe the plug you tried was for a G20 or G21???

Anyways, good luck with the new one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know whether you guys are aware of this or not, but that hole is there for a reason. Glocks were originally designed for the European market with non-drop-free mags, and that hole aids in pulling the mag from the mag well. Americans were used to drop-free mags so FML mags were produced to satify our needs. So before you go plugging your hole you might want to consider whether you're using FML or NFML mags, and whether a plug will impede magazine changes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Never had that problem in My Glock

TOO BAD the gun blows up!

Glock .40's are notorious for doing that!

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Never had that problem in My Glock

TOO BAD the gun blows up!

Glock .40's are notorious for doing that!

Here We Go
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:52:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here We Go

Ditto.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#15]
i put one in my g23 and it was the easiest accessory  i ever installed

Quoted:
Lets us know what Glock has to say .
Thats a tuff one .

Good Luck

Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Next time try using KY on it first.

Sorry stuck me funny!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top