Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 10:54:26 PM EDT
Anyone ever fired a full-auto Glock?

I shot full-auto M16, and I had trouble keeping it on target. I don't see how it would be humanly possible to control a full-auto Glock, so I'm wondering.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the chance to shoot on of these once at a range where you could rent them.  As I remember it was a compensated model and went through ammo like crazy--spent most of the time reloading the mags.  As far as controllability, it wasn't near as bad as you would think.  Instead of a lot of rise, it pushed, more or less, strait back into my hand.  Granted you still had to hand on tight, but after awhile it became pretty controllable with short bursts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I got to put two of the long magazines through one when I was a guest at the CHP Academy in Sacramento.

I had a pretty strong Weaver Stance in those days but it still climbed on me (range was about 10 yards). Eventually found a slightly canted stance, signting down the right corner of the slide, allowed me to keep 4-6 round bursts on a silhouette. Certainly not in the middle but mostly on the cardboard.

Interesting experience but I wouldn't have one if they were legal and available.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I've not shot one, but I've seen videos.  Yes, I'm just a weenie when it comes to the 18.  Anyway, if you've got the time to search for the video, there is one at consumptionjunction.com that shows a guy shooting a G18.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
hey that website is sweet. It's going to take me a while to work through all the videos...

A month ago I found a video of someone shooting "full-auto Glock". He has excellent control over the gun. I watched it again last night and it finally dawned on me: he's shooting an Airsoft Glock 18 (no gunpowder, shoots plastic BB's, battery powered).
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
ConjunctionJunction has a video with a full auto Glock with a FSS-G attachment, but I couldn't find any Glock 18 video.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks controllable. I imagined worse.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Look how the guy has to hold it.
that's not a normal grip.

also it looks like his muscles are going to pop out of his arms if he holds it any tighter.

Nothing but novilty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top