Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/27/2002 5:22:51 PM EDT
How hard is it to replace the factory sights on a Glock 19 with night sights?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2002 5:49:02 PM EDT by cmymud]
I think the best deal out there right now is the Glock sites around $57.00 + tax.
You can just send them your upper.I`v heard its about a 2 week turn around.

If you can`t do with out your Glock you
can get a armor to install them. I see them at the gun shows around here $89.00 installed.

Now to answer your question. The front site is easy you just rip the site out with pliers and the new one is held in place with a nut.
The rear site has to be pressed out (with a site tool} or you can use a drift.Same to install rear site.

If I do it I think I will send in my slide and let Glock do it.

Hope this helps .

Edit to add Glock Info:

GLOCK Inc. USA
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202
Fax.: +1 770 - 433 8719

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:24:33 PM EDT
cmymud-

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:36:12 PM EDT
I did mine a few weeks ago...Mepros. Had to modify a socket (flatten end) I think it was a 3/32. And used a plastic drift (and 3 hands) to install the rear after just a little draw filing on the bottom of the rear. Because the rear sight is angled, you have to hold the drift at a similar angle, deflecting the slide, hence 3 hands or a decent padded vise. Even with loctite on the front sight, it did loosen after a hundred rounds or so. (I was too careful not to over tighten it) But the second time was a charm, and is still tight after hundreds of rounds. The answer would be dependent on your ability and tools on hand. But thats how it went for me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:06:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By anothergene:
I did mine a few weeks ago...Mepros. Had to modify a socket (flatten end) I think it was a 3/32. And used a plastic drift (and 3 hands) to install the rear after just a little draw filing on the bottom of the rear. Because the rear sight is angled, you have to hold the drift at a similar angle, deflecting the slide, hence 3 hands or a decent padded vise. Even with loctite on the front sight, it did loosen after a hundred rounds or so. (I was too careful not to over tighten it) But the second time was a charm, and is still tight after hundreds of rounds. The answer would be dependent on your ability and tools on hand. But thats how it went for me.

Gene,
Here's a trick for the front sight:
Notice how the nut always falls into the socket? Take some epoxy or a piece of bubblegum and fill the back of the socket with it. Then press the small nut into the epoxy making an imprint. Let it dry and Waa-Laaa! Much easier.
Also, if you take a small piece of hardwood and whittle a notch out of it, you can make your own read sight tool.
One more:
Only use a plastic or brass drift punch to drift the rear sight. If you use brass, just clean the marks off with some copper solvent.
Works like a charm and doesn't mar your sight.
Top Top