Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The 17 trigger is smooth, while the one on a 19 has ridges (for lack of a better word).  IIRC, Glock calls it a "target trigger" to allow the smaller compacts and subcompact to be imported under BATF rules.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
G17

Ghost ring night sights
Tungston guide rod
Extended slide stop
Extended slide release lever
Extended mag release
3.5# connector
backstrap plug (magazines slide in easier)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The 17 trigger is smooth, while the one on a 19 has ridges (for lack of a better word).  IIRC, Glock calls it a "target trigger" to allow the smaller compacts and subcompact to be imported under BATF rules.

Yup, I hate those ridges.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
After reflection upon my posts, and a breif IM conversation I had with someone, I realized the error of my ways... well sort of  

The reason why I said the 17 trigger won't go in the 19 and such is because when I was certified by Glock, that was the case.

A brief history lesson:

The original 17 (Gen I, and early Gen II) only had 1 pin thru the locking block.  The 19, 26, and every other pistol made by Glock (the .40's, the .45's, the 10mm) always had 2 pins through the locking block, as this is a stronger design, hence the upgrade in later model 17's to a 2 pin assembly through the locking block.

Yes, I thought this up all by myself in the airconditioned comfort of my company issued 2004 Freightliner C120!!  Hooray for me!

Now can't we all just get along???
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock32-
9mm threaded Lonewolf barrel
.40 extended ported/compensated barrel
GLOCK 3# connector
Olive trigger spring
GRIP plug
grip tape- only on the underside of the trigger guard and sides of grip
SMOOTH trigger
I have also used a Dremel to shape my grip a little bit.  I've removed material from the upper rear of the grip and from the corner of the trigger guard where it meets the finger grooves so that the gun will sit lower in my hand.  i also made a shallow trench where the first knuckle on your index finger rests on the grip.  It seemed that there was too much material there and my finger needed to bend inward sharply to get a good angle on the trigger.  you wouldn't be able to tell anything was removed without being told.

things that I have but do no use anymore:
Ghost Rocket (might play with it a little more)
extended SLIDE STOP
extended mag release

I've got the orange armorer's plate that i use only when i need to and the Glock tool- the little 3/32" punch that really works great.  I see so many people disassemble their pistol using a screwdriver and their fingernails when all they need is the little tool.  A punch is what is needed to remove the connector from the opposite side so that you don't bend it trying to pull it out from the right side.  

i also have meprolight rear yellow night sights and NO front sight.  I broke mine.  

Quoted:
I recently purchased a G23 and put meprolites night sites on it and I put the extended slide release, and a 3.5 connector. I also added the plug.

all i have to say is fuck meprolight. i tried to retighten my front sight and the damn "screw" sheared. it really isn't any thicker than a paperclip though.

they are a foreign company and the sights are imported by kimber usa. meprolight can't ship sights into the country or to me personally, so i need to talk with kimber. i cannot get in touch with kimberusa and meprolight won't do it for me.

i bought my green/yellow nite sights from lonewolf in december and they won't help me either. they told me that they also have a hard time getting in touch with kimberusa and that i should keep trying.

anyone got a factory front sight they could sell/mail to me?  i can't find my stock'er.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Call Glock in GA and they will send you a set of the plastic sights for
$5 bucks or something ridiculously cheap like that.
I called them years ago to buy a slide stop lever and I got it
2 days later
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I put Meprolights on my G19.  Other than that both of my Glocks are bone stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Short answer, everything offered but THE BAR-STO BARREL and it's next ! The best is the 3.5 Lb.connector and spring, got my trigger down to 3 lbs. Shoots like a different pistol..WONDERFUL
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Same thing goes on all my glocks.

Night sights, extended slide release, extended mag release.  Thats all ya need.

What about a lighter trigger?

Fireblade
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#10]
G21C

Meprolight night sights
Extended slide stop lever
3.5lb connector

My G26 is next.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#11]
i have a stock 23 and it's staying that way and an older 17 with a stainless caspian slide and trijicon NS. i have no complaints with the way glock does things.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Factory improved slide lock spring.  Meprolight night sights.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fireblade

IMHO, a lighter trigger is bad on a carry gun.  Not necessarily for tactical reasons, but for legal defense reasons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fireblade

IMHO, a lighter trigger is bad on a carry gun.  Not necessarily for tactical reasons, but for legal defense reasons.

I agree.

I dont think that any carry gun (ccw) needs a trigger lighter than 4.5 - 5.0 lbs.  

Why?

Becasue when you are CCW you are not just at the range punching holes in a paper target.  In the real world you may experience things like shooting from odd positions.  

Having to shoot someone while wresteling with them (assuming they have a knife or bladed object), you may get jumped or tackled, and/or you may hit the ground... hard... all this can jar your weapon pretty good... plus trying to draw from under a shirt, or jacket under stress... the BG may be trying to take your weapon from you meaning he is grabbing for it or pulling on it, or trying to jerk it out of your hand!!!  and you dont need an accidental discharge because your trigger is too light.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I have Glocks 23 and 27, both outfitted with Mepro Green/Green Sights, Extended Slide catch/Mag release

Fobus holsters for Both.

Soon to be updating to Non-Klinton mags for 23... getting +2 extensions for 27

Building an CAR-15 now... but must put it on hold due to Deployment
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top