User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Give me any brand and I will come up with pics and a story about how bad of a pistol they are.

Try it with Sig P220. Lots of them out there.

Good luck

P220 has a very short service life. only about 20K rounds before the frames crack.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#2]
indoor range in west palm had a sig blow up from a double charged rem'd catg.  i'd bet you a large orange drink it was a .45.

with the aftermarket barrels, once again, it's a #s game.  how many are in circulation vs factory?

jeez, just don't shoot lead or reloads.  are we retarded?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Glock 21 That i have had for about 2 years now and i have shot about 3,000 rounds threw not one problem with it. My wife has a Glock 23 she has had it for 1 year and she carries it everywhere she goes notone problem with it , she loves it . I had a Glock 23 at one time but i sold it ,i shot just about every kind of 40 cal ammo threw it without one problem . If they were such bad guns or blowed up as much as people think they do why does some many police dept and the FBI,DEA and the others use them if they were a problem with them they would get some other gun, seeing there ass is on the line everyday .. But that is just my view

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Give me any brand and I will come up with pics and a story about how bad of a pistol they are.

Try it with Sig P220. Lots of them out there.

Good luck

yeah, show me
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#6]

P220 has a very short service life. only about 20K rounds before the frames crack.

mine has not cracked yet, and i bet i have fired 20,00 reloads

after the thousands of factory stuff, heck yeah baby, even wolf
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Glock 21 That i have had for about 2 years now and i have shot about 3,000 rounds threw not one problem with it. My wife has a Glock 23 she has had it for 1 year and she carries it everywhere she goes notone problem with it , she loves it . I had a Glock 23 at one time but i sold it ,i shot just about every kind of 40 cal ammo threw it without one problem . If they were such bad guns or blowed up as much as people think they do why does some many police dept and the FBI,DEA and the others use them if they were a problem with them they would get some other gun, seeing there ass is on the line everyday .. But that is just my view

actually several departments are dumping glocks. Not just for kb issues.

mike

Yep.. My department issues the Glock 23, amoung other pistols, and authorizes any Glock in 9mm, 40SW, or 45ACP.  We have a high incidence of failures to eject with the Glock 19 and Winchester Ranger 147Gn RA9T ammo. We had failures to feed with the Glock 21 and Winchester Ranger ammo.  Glock made some changes to the Glock 21 mag follower that seems to have helped. We have never had a kB, even though we used commercial reloads in the Glock 23's for close to 8 years.

We only have about 800 Glock 23's in service right now, and a couple thousand other models of Glocks . Other agencies have larger statistical samples.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a SigP220 that i bought new in 1990 and i have fired i dont know how many thousand of rounds i have shoot threw it, and my frame has not cracked..
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
The one and only k'boom I have ever witnessed was in a Glock 22.  No damage done, but did scare the be jesus out of my friend.  He still believes in Glock 40's and shoots hundreds or rounds a year thru his.

Never heard of 45's kabooming until this thread.  Interesting.

FWIW I own a Glock, but in 9mm.  Not to fond of the 40 in any gun.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I would be interested to see a list of departments that have dumped the Glocks.   If youre going to cliam it you better be prepared to back it up with proof or at least some evidence.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have a SigP220 that i bought new in 1990 and i have fired i dont know how many thousand of rounds i have shoot threw it, and my frame has not cracked..

Start keeping track, check the frame at the 20K mark.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I will keep a check we will see
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Glock wasn't made for anything other than 9mm damnit!  I dont know why they are exceding their limitations of the plastic.
"A man'sgun's gotta know his it's limitations."
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Show me a Beretta 92FS. I have been dying to see pictures of fractured frames (I have searched relentlessly). I have seen about 5 different Glocks already and 1 HK USP (but I dont know if it was a KB, the mag well was just cracked).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:04:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#18]
You know why they  seem to have a MUCH higher incidence of failure than other models, because they are more glocks owned and used then any other handgun ,if they were so bad the FBI and all the other police dept would not use them . Do you think they would carry a firearm that was bad when there life is on the line i dont think so, the FBI did a lot of testing on the Glock before they started to use them not one problem If people would read the book that came with there Glock it says not to use reloads or lead bullets.. And Fed had a lot of bad ammo in 40cal for a while . I like Glocks the same way i like sig,hk,beretta,s&w they are all good guns ..
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You know why they  seem to have a MUCH higher incidence of failure than other models, because they are more glocks owned and used then any other handgun ,if they were so bad the FBI and all the other police dept would not use them . Do you think they would carry a firearm that was bad when there life is on the line i dont think so, the FBI did a lot of testing on the Glock before they started to use them not one problem If people would read the book that came with there Glock it says not to use reloads or lead bullets.. And Fed had a lot of bad ammo in 40cal for a while . I like Glocks the same way i like sig,hk,beretta,s&w they are all good guns ..

There have been millions of Beretta 92s on the market before Glock came along. I would bet there are still more 92s than Glocks, or at least pretty even.

The FBI uses whatever is in vogue. Once some new whiz-banger comes along you can bet Glock will take a hike.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
don't get me wrong i liked my G30. After it KB'd i started looking into it. THERE ARE LOTS of stories of 21, 30,36,and 27's going KB. many are faulty ammo. Many glock has refused to explain. Glock admitted to me over phone the 30's had a history of this. In fact when i mentioned i had a g30 with a problem that was first comment "did it blow?"

Glock KNOWS about this yet REFUSES to correct the problem. Let me ask again. How many glocks have blown with after market barrells? That should tell them something.

Exactly I replaced my Mod 22 barrell after a ruptured case, I was shocked to see how much tighter the chamber on the after market barrell was. The factory chamber with new factory ammo was like a bb in a tin can, never again will I fire a Glock 40 with a factory barrell.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Ford trucks are better.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes it gets old fast , if you dont like Glock thats fine my wife loves her Glock 23 and i like my Glock21 with that said it just comes down to what you like .  One other thing Ford is better
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top