Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:26:57 PM EDT
Its been a while since ive last posted, but I come here to ask you, the professionals.

I'll quite stroking you off and get with the question:

I have a model 36.

What all do I need to change out to accomplish a 3.5 trigger pull?

Currently ive change out my disconnector from the glock store. I also ordered another trigger spring. The package said 6 lbs on the trigger spring.

I checked the trigger poundage after swapping those parts out and the average poundage reads 5lbs. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:32:38 PM EDT
3.5 disconnector is all you need.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:36:21 PM EDT
I wonder if I should can the 6 lb trigger spring then ?

what am I not doing right?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:05:00 PM EDT
You will need a competition (lighter) firing pin spring to get near a true 3.5lb. pull. Beware that this spring is not for serious use as it may promote light primer strikes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:08 PM EDT
thanks for your reply,

so, I shouldnt swap out the firing pin spring if this is my cc gun?

I dont have an issue with a stock Glock. I have a friend that has a very smooth trigger and I shoot with his pistol better than I do with my own. Thats why I want to replicate his trigger poundage.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:13:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By driver5:

You're welcome. If this is a carry gun, I would not change anything other than the connector if you must change anything at all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:22:04 PM EDT
thanks for your reply,

I dont have an issue with a stock Glock. I have a friend that has a very smooth trigger and I shoot with his pistol better than I do with my own. Thats why I want to replicate his trigger poundage.

The trick is usually to couple a 3.5# disconnect with a NY1 (od green) trigger spring, giving you a smooth steady trigger pull, without the "stop" before the break that stock glock triggers have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:04:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lapp_Dance:
thanks for your reply,

The trick is usually to couple a 3.5# disconnect with a NY1 (od green) trigger spring, giving you a smooth steady trigger pull, without the "stop" before the break that stock glock triggers have.

This is a good combination for some although it doesn't yield a 3.5# trigger pull.
Top Top