Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:49 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about these? What are they worth? I am not selling, but found one that is for sale and it's tempting............the guy wants 400 bucks, which might be high for all I know
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:03:27 AM EDT
They are just a regular Glock with an aftermarket coat of Duracoat on them. I saw one in 2005 and it was something the distributer had done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:06:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cbsaf:
They are just a regular Glock with an aftermarket coat of Duracoat on them. I saw one in 2005 and it was something the distributer had done.

+1

They were popular surface treatments a few years ago but the decals wore off too easily. The Glock in question is actually worth less than a stock one because of the non durable decal applied to it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:47:11 PM EDT
Thanks for the info............that helps immensely

Originally Posted By COSteve:

Originally Posted By cbsaf:

+1

They were popular surface treatments a few years ago but the decals wore off too easily. The Glock in question is actually worth less than a stock one because of the non durable decal applied to it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:16:23 PM EDT
A couple years ago I had some D@#$ wad, gunshop know-it-all tried to tell me it was a limited run. When I asked to break it down and compare the weight to a standard frame he back peddled saying "our shop doesn't allow that". At least he was gonna knock $25 off the $150 inflated price. I haven't been back since.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:02:23 PM EDT
These were a distributor exclusive a while back and not done by the Glock factory. It is a process using water and film which as others have said doesn't hold up well.
Top Top