Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2010 10:01:39 PM EDT
Looking for better rigs to carry my Glock 26 & 27 CCW. Right now I have a leather pancake style from dillion , I was wondering whatrigs you guys have tried,hated would reccomend? I didnt want to buy a few and find out they suck,be out the money when the right rig is out there. IWB,OWB,ankle any info would be appreciated

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
NTAC or Raven Concealment Phantom holsters are my preference for the G26. Both are IWB kydex holsters. I don't like the NTAC's belt loops, so I used the ones from my Comp-Tac MTAC, which worked great.
NTAC is a 2-3 week wait, Raven is a ~3 month wait.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Good: Crossbreed, at crossbreedholsters.com. 2 week no-questions-asked satisfaction guaranteed. Price is <$60, delivery time is good.

Pretty good: Smart carry holster. Sort of an apron you wear under your pants, in front of your crotch. Slow to draw, but good concealment. Good NQA satisfaction warranty.

Bad: PagerPal. Uncomfortable, doesn't work as promised.

Ugly: Clip Draw. High potential for ND. Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Kramer #3 IWB holster has worked best for my Glock sub compacts.  

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=7&categoryID=23

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Comp-Tac MTAC Nuetral Cant. I also just ordered a Blade-Tech Phantom to try out since it's so thin and was only $20.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Comp-Tac MTAC
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Comp-tac Infidel.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Glock Sport & Combat Holster and Glock Magazine Pouch - about $10-$12 each and simply outstanding.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Comp Tac CTAC,MTAC,Spartan 7 Day wait
Desantis Scorpion and Intruder 0 Day wait.

I would rate the intruder the current best of the bunch in the cost and function categories.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Desantis Scorpion and really like it.  I've also got a Mitch Rosen Workman and like that too, but the leather thickness really adds a lot of bulge to the whole thing that isn't there with the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
IWB:Comp-Tac C-TAC.

OWB:Glock Sport/Combat ~$12.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Mtac but i mostly carry mine in a uncle mikes pocket holster in the hot summer days, works great in cargo shorts with bigger pockets, as a matter of fact i haven't used my MTAC all summer...
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have supertucks for my fullsize carry guns and they are working out well so for.  I still want to get an Mtac.  I don't know if capability when packing a FS gun translates to packing subcompacts though.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I've purchased a lot of holsters for my 26.

Blackhawk nylon size 5: Works for when I'm wearing sweats, or anything without a belt.

Galco Summer Comfort: Anything but comfortable. It's thick, and it just adds to the already-thick Glock.

Raven Concealment: Great OWB. Works for concealment OWB. IWB? Don't bother. It's kydex, so it doesn't flex. I carry at 3 o'clock, so it's not very comfortable.

Comp Tac MTAC: Got one of these because I already have one that works very well for my HK P2000. I'm still breaking it in, trying to find the cant and depth that is most comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Bad: Fobus paddle
OK: Rocketman Holsters Low Rider.  Broke the belt loop/clip off of this one and didn't realize they'd replace it for free until about a year after I threw it away.
Good: Comptac CTAC.  Borrowed from a friend for a little while, which led to the purchase of the MTAC.
Better: Comptac MTAC
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Comp-Tac MTAC Nuetral Cant. I also just ordered a Blade-Tech Phantom to try out since it's so thin and was only $20.

I'm waiting for my ccw to come in and I don't really want to drop $60 bucks on an IWB and have it turn out to not be my cup of tea.
So I'm looking at the Phantom as my stepping stone IWB. Please tell me what you think of it when you get it in.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm waiting for my ccw to come in and I don't really want to drop $60 bucks on an IWB and have it turn out to not be my cup of tea.

So I'm looking at the Phantom as my stepping stone IWB. Please tell me what you think of it when you get it in.

Thanks!

I've never heard of someone who bought an MTAC and didn't like it. The only people who don't recommend the MTAC are the people who tried something else first and had it work for them.

Even if you buy an MTAC and just can't get it to work for you, there will be someone very willing to take it off your hands for nearly as much as you paid for it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Comp Tac Infidel "slide" version works well for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I use a Milt Sparks VM2 at about 4:00. Or I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for pocket or short term appendix carry. I'm happy with both; although I'm interested in getting a real appendix carry holster. I'm also looking into a good concealable OWB rig for it. This is a good thread, thanks.

-JC
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:58:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Fow CCW I use a plain 'ol Fobus Paddle. Been using it for about 15 years.
I have fancier holsters. They aren't as comfortable and don't hide as well.
Haters keep spending your money....
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:51:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never heard of someone who bought an MTAC and didn't like it. The only people who don't recommend the MTAC are the people who tried something else first and had it work for them.

Even if you buy an MTAC and just can't get it to work for you, there will be someone very willing to take it off your hands for nearly as much as you paid for it.

QFT on both accounts.

I bought a CB ST first and thought I had found the best IWB tucker I possibly could, then I bought an MTAC.

Only downside is re-holstering but I don't do that much at all, if ever, so it's not much of an issue for me.

How do they compare to Crossbreed?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been using an Old Oak Workshop Phoenix for almost 4 months now and it is very comfortable and easily conceals under a t-shirt. Go check them out.

http://www.theoldoakworkshop.com/index.html

On occasion when I can't carry IWB, I ankle carry with an Uncle Mikes ankle holster, while its not the most comfortable thing in the world, it does the job. If I had more disposable income, I would like to try the Galco ankle glove.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I've only heard nothing but great things about the MTAC too. Once the reviews come in for the Phantom and if it works for me, I'll place an order for the MTAC. ( sure it will feel better )
I just want to try the Phantom to see if I'm an IWB guy or not without the worry of spending $60.
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#26]
My FOBUS I had it for 3yrs now and you could use your Crimson Trace Laser sight .I have the G27 your G26 is the same size  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Kramer IWB2.

Comp-Tac advertises that they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top