Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 5:39:39 PM EDT
Anyone try these out? I read in a thread that they were great but are they really as comfortable as the owner says it is with the 1911? They look like a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't carry a full size 1911 (5 inches) but the smartcarry holster is comfortable with the 3.15 inch 1911 style, Kimber Ultra Carry II. I think smartcarry has a return policy if you aren't completely satisfied, but call or email Bill and find out. I know they make the smartcarry for a variety of guns and waist sizes, but email, or call, them and check it out. One thing I like about it is that it is great for carry in the automobile. Try getting a gun out of the many side holsters available while sitting down or especially in an automobile with a seat belt on and see how many seconds it takes you to draw and get a target bead... a cross draw works better, but the smartcarry works when seated, standing, or in a car. The 5 inch 1911 may be uncomfortable, but order and try it. If the return policy allows, return it, if you're not satisfied.
RugerCal480 (Mike)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top