Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/5/2003 5:36:54 PM EDT
I can't afford any new acquisitions yet but figured that doing homework's still free. I love my G21 but the grip's a little too thick and a long for me to conceal easily unless it's winter or fall. I haven't been able to *shoot* the G30 or G36 but have done the "gun store fashion show" to conceal both and prefer the 36.

Does anyone have any experiences - good or bad - to share about the gun itself (ammo sensitivity, QC problems, etc.) or their daily carry of it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:47:04 PM EDT
I so badly wanted to like mine, but I couldnt make it fit my baseball mit size hands. Its as slim as the G17/G22 series. I had seriously hoped the G37 would be a full size version. I would have changed my mind about Glocks and bought two.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:31:14 PM EDT
I use a 23 for daily carry, so I am familliar with the Glock. I rented a 30 last year while on business down south, and really liked it. It didn't seem too much thicker than my 23, and felt like it had a lot less recoil. I really like the .45, and want to try a 36 too. I'm currenlty milling a 1911 from a 40% frame, and as soon as thats done I'm going to rent a 36 and see if I really like it. I'm sure that it will end up being my daily carry weapon. Should be able to conceal it better than my 23.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:52:17 PM EDT
I have the G30, which is a little thicker than the G23, which is a little thicker than the G36. They are all about the same length and hight.

My G36 has been very reliable from the start. The only problem I had with it was when I tried some of those +1 Mag extensions. Instant malfunctions. Took the mag extensions off and it went back to working.

I added a BarSto barrel as I shoot reloads in practice. That may have some bearing on the guns reliability.

If you can learn to live with the Glock trigger and are a fan of the 45 ACP cartridge, the G36 has a lot of appeal. Think of it as a light weight Officer's ACP with the original 6 round magazines and a spongy trigger.
Top Top