Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 10:38:49 AM EDT
so, a friend of mine owns a restaurant/bar in Randolph, NJ. The place has had a couple of break in robberies because they do alot of cash business. Well my friend was leaving after closing like he does basically every nite with the days take and 2 guys walked in the front entrance with shotguns, knocked him and the woman he was with to the floor and shoved the guns in their faces, and kept saying dont make me kill you. this happns all the time, meanwhile the state doesnt allow us to defend ourselves, and they dont give CCW's even to business owners. It is so ridiculous that all the bad guys are armed with no care for the law but those of us who would go through the legal process to get a CCW if it were possible get no chance to defend ourselves.I wonder if NJ will ever wise up and stop all the panic and hysteria created by people who have never experienced, owned, held, or are just plain uneducated about firearms.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The anti's will be anti's untill the day someone pushes a pistol or shotgun in thier face. In Texas, it was the Luby's incident that pushed CCW issues to the fore front. Before that, no one was allowed to carry except police. Thank God the powers that be realized that had a few well armed citizens been in that building, the body count would have been substantialy lower. How about that kook on the train in New York? Had anyone else had a gun, they could have poped a cap in that dumbass and saved a few lives.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the many reasons I moved out of NJ years ago. I still hate having to go and visit because I am unable to carry my pistol with me. I guess once I cross a state line I will become some sort of crazed killer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i live in ohio, i feel your pain deeply. i did get my pennsylvania CCW. u can apply as an out of state resident. several other states recognize the PA permit. funny i can carry in all surrounding states but my own. PA, kentucky, Indiana.........
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats Why I moved out of NY. While I had a carry permit, If I'd used it I would have been put in jail.

At least in TX, self defense is writtin to the law. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top