Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:04:54 AM EDT
I live in WV and just requested the Fl. CCW packet with their online application form. Has anyone else done it this way? Does it take a long time to get it? What's the turn around time once I actually put in my packet for application?

I pretty much just want the reciprocity that comes with a Florida permit. It would let me travel under arms in almost every freedom loving state in this country. Whoohooo! Vacations are a lot more fun when you have an adequate method to protect your family.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you submit your 10 hour firearm training certificate?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a florida resident and it took about 3 days to get the packet from the day I ordered it. I did the electronic fingerprinting and it took exactly 3 weeks to the day from the time I mailed my application until the day I received my CCW permit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine while I was a living in Florida.  It is so versatile I have not bothered to get a Colorado one.

I think mine took about 10 weeks after I sent it back.  I just think it's cool that Charles "Harmonica" Bronson signed it .
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
U need a copy of your DD214 and fingerprints and the documents notarized and you are on your way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you get a non-resident FL permit?  Can you point me to the website?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Did you submit your 10 hour firearm training certificate?

No, I have only submitted for the application packet at this point. My understanding is that my DD214 will be sufficient. I also have a CCW permit from WV, and that requires training. The training part is no problem, I have plenty of that.

How do you get a non-resident FL permit? Can you point me to the website?

You can get it here, Fl non resident application packet

Good stuff guys. The reciprocity this permit gives is outstanding. Pretty damn close to nation wide carry, or as close as I can find. 29 other states, and I have a permit from WV that gives me one or two more. The sad thing is that I still can't visit my in-laws and carry as they live in under the totalitarian regime of the New Jersey state government. May their chains rest lightly on their shoulders.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't count the days it took for mine to arrive after I sent it off, but it was somewhere near three months.  And my wife intercepted it to wrap and put and the tree at Christmas.  We were in Okinawa at the time, so I wasn't in too big of hurry to get it.

I use it daily now in NC!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top