Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 12:50:42 PM EDT
I need a belt. Was thinking of a good leather one but would love to save money if the Wilderness belt is worth it. What's the verdict, they as good or good enough when compared to good leather for carry?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine's great. I can put my pistol and four mags on it comfortably.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the Wilderness. I have two, a three stitch Frequent Flyer (coyote) and a five stitch Instructors (black), both 1 1/2 inch. I'd recommend the five stitch, in 1 1/2 inch. A guy in the gunshop/range I shoot at bought the 1 3/4 inch with the polymer insert, says it's just too stiff and too wide. That echoed by a review on their site from a guy who loves the quality, but is ordering another so he can actually use the belt.... (sometimes overkill really is too much?)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Wilderness better than leather belts. The slide buckle is infinately adjustable, instead of having to pick a hole at 1" increments.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Wilderness is good to go.
I've got (2) Standard Instr. Belts and (2) Frequent Flyer's as well as Gov't sized Safepacker and a smaller one for the Sig 230.  I've owned a couple more (belts) but got skinny and needed smaller sizes.
The Zip Slide is an awesome holster for the range.  But I wouldn't want to use it for CCW.  If you have a bladed front sight post w/ a sharp corner or edge it just might hang up (like my HK and Sigs).
While I love their products I can't help but think the New Ti Inst. Belt is just a little overpriced otherwise I'd be all over them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree on the price, but Titanium is a bitch to machine/manufacture. I suspect the cost is "justified" by their costs. Still not so sure I'd go for it, I don't mind the weight of the steel buckle on the Instructor, and I like the black finish. Maybe still.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently acquired an "Instructor's belt" and have been very pleased. Well worth giving it a try. I find the holster stability offered by this belt only slightly less than what I get from my Milt Spark's leather belt and the M.S. belt was much more expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top