Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 1:53:40 PM EDT
I going on vacation next week and considering taking my 1911. I'm not CCW. The gun is registered in NC and I'm driving through VA, MD to PA. I asked some deputy sheriffs about carrying it loaded in my car and they said as long as it's not concealed and registered it would be OK. I just don't know about out of state.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
That site appears to be down.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That site appears to be down.

It's back up now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
When these rules reffer to license/permit are they talking about a CCW or just having it registered. Here in NC all I had to do was get a permit to buy it and register it to carry it openly.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Do NOT, I repeat NOT get caught carrying in Maryland. This would include a loaded gun in the vehicle anywhere.

You also cannot carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle in PA unless you have a recognized carry permit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just leave it home untill I get a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Nevermind I missed where you said you aren't CCW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top