Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:46 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been discussed before but i wasn't able to find anything so humor me.  I just got my ccw in the mail a few days ago and i have a question.  My work doesn't allow you to carry while at and I want to know if this is common?  I would think it is but I’m curious.  Also for those of you in the same situation I am in, what do you do?   Do you leave it in your car or leave it at home?

Edit:  Fixed
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Since saying "screw it" and carrying anyway would be a federal felony, and since I'm not too sure on the legality of leaving it in the car.....it stays at home.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Two words: pocket carry.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm sure this has been discussed before but i wasn't able to find anything so humor me.  I just got my ccw in the mail a few days ago and i have a question.  My work doesn't allow you to carry while at and I want to know if this is common?  I would think it is but I’m curious.  Also for those of you in the same situation I am in, what do you do?   Do you leave it in your car or leave it at home?

No dont leave it at home just because you cant carry at work. Like i say what they wont know wont hurt them. Now if you use a vehicle for work and deliver stuf or whatever thats different. Im not sure if im saying this correctly and someone please correct me if im wrong but legally i dont think they can do anything about you having a weapon in your vehicle. Now like i said i may be wrong and if i am someone correct me. Mine stays in the truck when im at work.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No dont leave it at home just because you cant carry at work. Like i say what they wont know wont hurt them. Now if you use a vehicle for work and deliver stuf or whatever thats different. Im not sure if im saying this correctly and someone please correct me if im wrong but legally i dont think they can do anything about you having a weapon in your vehicle. Now like i said i may be wrong and if i am someone correct me. Mine stays in the truck when im at work.

I work for a local broadband company and i'm in the office all day.  I work in the NOC (network operation center) and dont drive a whole lot.   The only problem i have with leaving my pistol in my truck is that it had the lock popped and the stero stolen.  That was awhile back when i lived in a bad neighborhood.  So my truck doesnt lock.  I carry a glock 26 IWB on the front BTW.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Soft briefcase +
Dillon Precision Day planner.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Would you rather get fired or killed?  

A baby glock should be pretty easy to hide from prying eyes.  And every company in the world has this policy, its a liability thing.  Carry anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
In some states, you'd risk losing your CHL and be unable to carry at all.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In some states, you'd risk losing your CHL and be unable to carry at all.

I'm almost positive this isn't the case in Oregon.  From what i read under oregon law its ok to carry while at work but if caught its up the company if they want to fire you or not.

EDIT:  After reviewing the employee handbook,  i wasn't able to find anything about weapons/handguns/firearms.  Granted the handbook hasn't been updated since 2004.  I've only heard from other emplyoees that you can't carry while at work.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Do they have metal detectors where you work?  Let that be your guide.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they have metal detectors where you work?  Let that be your guide.

No metal detectors.  After reading oregon law the worst thing that can happen is i get fired.  So I guess i'll carry away.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#11]

And every company in the world has this policy, its a liability thing.  Carry anyway.

Mine doesn't and never will.  I don't have employee's yet, but I will not restrict carry when I may have to send employee's to work in bad parts of town.  I carry, and my partner carries regularly.  We've already decided that once we're big enough to open a separate office, the "(My business name) welcomes the legal carry of firearms on these premises" signs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#12]
First, QUIT talking about it at work!  Now that that is cleared up, what they don't know/see can't hurt you!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup.  Every day.  and I work in a gummint building that wouldn't like it one bit.  Don't give a fuck.  And it's not a federal felony, twit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
First, QUIT talking about it at work!  Now that that is cleared up, what they don't know/see can't hurt you!

yea, +1 about not talking about it at work - you dont want people knowing you carry. BAAAAD idea. You dont want people to be able to point a fingure if people start asking quetions about guns.

Quoted:

A baby glock should be pretty easy to hide from prying eyes.  And every company in the world has this policy, its a liability thing.  Carry anyway.

You question has been answered. I pocket or mainly ankle carry a S&W J Frame depending on pants. just fyi
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea, +1 about not talking about it at work - you dont want people knowing you carry. BAAAAD idea. You dont want people to be able to point a fingure if people start asking quetions about guns.

Quoted:

You question has been answered. I pocket or mainly ankle carry a S&W J Frame depending on pants. just fyi

No one at work knows i carry.  I never asked anyone about the rules for having a weapon of any sort.   All my research has been done from my desk.  I agree 100% that no one should know.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No one at work knows i carry.  I never asked anyone about the rules for having a weapon of any sort.   All my research has been done from my desk.  I agree 100% that no one should know.  

Glad to hear it!

But earlier you said this:

I've only heard from other emplyoees that you can't carry while at work.

Oh, and gunluvr22 -- in the state of Texas, if your employer prohibits carrying in the parking lot, you are breaking the law by doing so.  But that won't bother you since you carried illegally before receiving your permit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

um, at your desk and you work for an ISP? BAAAAD idea. You DO know they can see everything you do, right?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a teacher so I ain't gonna carry at work, 'cause I don't want a felony on my record.  It's unfortunate, though, that in this day and age of school shootings the good guys aren't allowed to defend themselves or the children they teach.

We do have a School Resource Officer in every school in this particular school system.  However, there are lots of entrances to any school, and one officer won't be able to cover them all.

I carry a SA XD-9 subcompact IWB whenever I'm not at school.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Oh, and gunluvr22 -- in the state of Texas, if your employer prohibits carrying in the parking lot, you are breaking the law by doing so.  But that won't bother you since you carried illegally before receiving your permit.

I can obviosly see that you have this absolute fond admiration of me by going to every single topic i posts and quoting me. Thanxs but stop. Theres tons of other people on here who have carried illegaly before getting there CHL and dont get smart and ask WHO just look around at past topics over carrying without a CHL and people have posted that they carried illegaly. Besides whats it matter to you?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I can obviosly see that you have this absolute fond admiration of me by going to every single topic i posts and quoting me. Thanxs but stop. Theres tons of other people on here who have carried illegaly before getting there CHL and dont get smart and ask WHO just look around at past topics over carrying without a CHL and people have posted that they carried illegaly.  

Here is your quote:

and someone please correct me if im wrong but legally i dont think they can do anything about you having a weapon in your vehicle. Now like i said i may be wrong and if i am someone correct me.

I got the impression that you wanted to be told if your assumption was incorrect (because you said so), and to the best of my knowledge it was.

Don't take the jabs about illegal carry seriously.  It's mostly friendly teasing but I'm trying to make a point too, because I don't want you to lose your ability to CHL.

Besides whats it matter to you?

The only reason I got on you for doing it here in Texas is because I want you and others to be able to carry legally for a very long time -- it makes my society safer.  I don't want you to sacrifice that ability for a minimum of 5 years by taking unecessary risks.  

I carry not because it's GUARANTEED to prevent me from being killed, but because it increases my chances of survival.  I'm playing the odds; I believe odds are that I'm better off with a gun.  By the same token, I don't do anything to jeopardize my ability to carry for extremely short term gain, like carrying past a 30.06 sign for 2 hours.  I roll the dice on that one, and the few times I have to pass a 30.06 I don't carry because odds are I'm going to be more likely to need my gun in the next 5 years than in those two hours that I'm in a 30.06 area.  See where I'm coming from?

Oh, and I think this is only the second thread I've been taking pot shots at you in.   When I have a man crush on you, you'll KNOW IT!  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

um, at your desk and you work for an ISP? BAAAAD idea. You DO know they can see everything you do, right?

Hehe...i am big brother at my ISP btw.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can obviosly see that you have this absolute fond admiration of me by going to every single topic i posts and quoting me. Thanxs but stop. Theres tons of other people on here who have carried illegaly before getting there CHL and dont get smart and ask WHO just look around at past topics over carrying without a CHL and people have posted that they carried illegaly.  

Here is your quote:

and someone please correct me if im wrong but legally i dont think they can do anything about you having a weapon in your vehicle. Now like i said i may be wrong and if i am someone correct me.

I got the impression that you wanted to be told if your assumption was incorrect (because you said so), and to the best of my knowledge it was.

Don't take the jabs about illegal carry seriously.  It's mostly friendly teasing but I'm trying to make a point too, because I don't want you to lose your ability to CHL.

Besides whats it matter to you?

The only reason I got on you for doing it here in Texas is because I want you and others to be able to carry legally for a very long time -- it makes my society safer.  I don't want you to sacrifice that ability for a minimum of 5 years by taking unecessary risks.  

I carry not because it's GUARANTEED to prevent me from being killed, but because it increases my chances of survival.  I'm playing the odds; I believe odds are that I'm better off with a gun.  By the same token, I don't do anything to jeopardize my ability to carry for extremely short term gain, like carrying past a 30.06 sign for 2 hours.  I roll the dice on that one, and the few times I have to pass a 30.06 I don't carry because odds are I'm going to be more likely to need my gun in the next 5 years than in those two hours that I'm in a 30.06 area.  See where I'm coming from?

Oh, and I think this is only the second thread I've been taking pot shots at you in.   When I have a man crush on you, you'll KNOW IT!  

Well i apologize. Its hard to see what people mean when they type something because you cant see facial expression, and i took it the wrong way i guess. Sorry bout that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:25:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Well i apologize. Its hard to see what people mean when they type something because you cant see facial expression, and i took it the wrong way i guess. Sorry bout that.

Well, I'll lay off you now too.  Just realize that I'm the type to tease folks but that I really do want to make sure you never lose your CHL.  It makes CHL holders look bad and takes one more armed good guy out of society.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Too bad that rather simplistic question fails to address the true ramifications of the situation.  Lots of people don't carry at work and never get killed either.  Nor does having a gun at work offer any sort of a guarantee that you won;t get killed.

FWIW, if this is a big issue for you go talk to the boss.  If he/she says no carry then at least be honest enough and respectful enough to follow the rules.  These people are offering you employment based on you doing what they say.  Anything else is dishonest no matter what platitudes some want to toss around.  If you are afraid of leaving it in the vehicle get a gunsafe for the car.  There are a number of varieties.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I work in a certain large corporation in a retail setting (not walmart - think hardware) and we are not even supposed to have a pocket knife. I carry a pocket knife, but the firearm sits in the truck. Unfortunate yes, but i need the job to pay bills.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, CCW is specifically prohibited in the company policies while on the job for me.  I don't carry for fear of losing the job, but I think with the job I SHOULD be carrying. Seeing as I drive all over Detroit and suburbs in the middle of the night alone.

Funny thing though, Tuesday morning at about 4am, while driving back from a call up in the Pontiac area, I hit a deer that was crossing Telegraph road (near Maple) in a pack of 4 or 5, Messed up the van a bit, killed the 8 point buck, and I was lucky to glance the dear off the side of the van and not put him through the windsheild.  Well, company policy is all accidents require a drug test after the accident.
I limped the van back to the shop and left it there (at 0530, I'm normally off at 0800, and no one is in until 0700) and then went home to relax and go back after 0900 when management comes in.
So I get there and walk onto the HR person's office, and she says "I hear you went deer hunting this morning"...my boss, who was working on the HR gal's PC said (cause he knows I am a weapons guy) "Why didn't you just shoot it?".  I said back in my best smart-ass voice "cause you won't let me carry a gun at work!" He laughed... said they'd let me if I became a Reserve Police Officer. So, I'll apply to Livonia PD.

Anyway, since I had been home, I had changed clothes and put on my holster, and was in fact standing in front of both of them armed...neither knew it. I then got the paperwork and went to go take the drug test....still armed, I was fine until the guy said "take off your hat and outerwear, empty your pockets of any candy, mints, gum, etc".  I was wearing a t-shirt, with a denim shirt untucked covering my weapon IWB at 4 o'clock, and a winter vest (cause it was warm that day).
luckily, he only wanted the vest off, and when he asked about my pockets, I simply said "I'm not carrying anything edible".

So, that was the closest I've come to being "discovered" while carrying,  and as a rule I am carrying anytime I am not working.... but it has given me great thought to wonder if it's better to be fired and alive, or for my family to get flowers from my employer.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#27]
OK, if it's not in the emloyee handbook, than it is allowed. Think NASCAR and Smokey Yunick. If it isn't forbidden in the rules, then you can get creative.

As far as "illegal" carry goes, there can be no such thing, as the supreme law of the land allows it. Unfortunately until a Supreme Court ruling is made, jackstick pols will continue to pretend it is.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I checked my employee hand book and it does not say no weapons allowed so i carry all the time and the only one who knows is another co-worker that also has a carry permit, we took the same class.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I work at a large technology company, and they prohibit weapons (including knives) on your person, in you personal gear (laptop case, gym bag..etc) OR in your vehicle.

I have carried to work, and left the pistol in my truck, but there is always that chance they will want to randomly search vehicles.  And I know how my luck runs.  If they were to find a firearm in my vehicle, the authorities would be notified and that is a hassle I would rather do without(Nothing to hide, but fighting gun charges when you have no job would suck).  

In Colorado, I believe if you are carrying on property where it is posted, or mentioned in the company rules, that all firearms are prohibted you can lose your CCW forever.  This would include having a firearm in your vehicle when on property that forbids it.

So, I leave it at home.  I would carry to & from work if it were feasible, but it is not worth losing everything.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a shoulder bag with a concealment pocket.  No one will ever know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Where I work at no concealed weapons are allowed on company property. So i just leave it in the truck out of sight from anyone.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I work at a large technology company, and they prohibit weapons (including knives) on your person, in you personal gear (laptop case, gym bag..etc) OR in your vehicle.

I have carried to work, and left the pistol in my truck, but there is always that chance they will want to randomly search vehicles.  And I know how my luck runs.  If they were to find a firearm in my vehicle, the authorities would be notified and that is a hassle I would rather do without(Nothing to hide, but fighting gun charges when you have no job would suck).  

In Colorado, I believe if you are carrying on property where it is posted, or mentioned in the company rules, that all firearms are prohibted you can lose your CCW forever.  This would include having a firearm in your vehicle when on property that forbids it.

So, I leave it at home.  I would carry to & from work if it were feasible, but it is not worth losing everything.

They really search vehicles at random?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Being employed at a large corporation, and on their campus, they are very protective of their property and employees.  They can be subject to many lawsuits if there were a workplace violence incident and they had not taken the appropriate steps to prevent it.

Having said that...They have not randomly searched vehicles, but they have the right to.  Also, they could search my vehicle if anyone knew I had a firearm in there.  

All it takes is one person to say "John Doe always talks about hunting/shooting/collecting firearms.  He is having a bad day, I sure hope he doesn't 'Go Postal' on us."

We all have bad days, and sometimes the management notices that.  One guy was fired, and escorted from the building for saying "I could go postal" or something similar.

So, to err on the side of caution I do not carry at work, or in my vehicle at work.  After all, if we only follow some of the laws and rules of our society, what makes us any better than those we arm ourselves against?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I would have no problem leaving my firearm at home while at work if our building was secure.  It’s also a high stress job and in the past we've had some people have some anger issues which weren’t delt with.  They were just allowed to "vent" as everyone sat around in silence.  In a past job (same field) we had a sales person go postal if you will.  I wasn't in office at that time but i guess he was going so crazy the staff had to lock themselves in a room while he broke damn near every thing in the office.  The thing about that situation is that about 4 weeks previous to that there had been a rule put in place prohibiting employees to carry a firearm.  There were 2 guys in that office that carried previous to that.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#35]
federal felony?? uhhh?  I dunno 'bout that.  It's common for big companies to have these policies.  My company doesn't allow it . . . they ALSO don't allow employees to keep their guns in the car in the parking lot.  (I'm not sure they can actually legally prohibit that)  Anyway, I carry a glock 23.  I WOULD carry anyway if I could, but because I have to wear my shirt tucked in and it's kinda tight fitting I don't have a good way to hide it.  I've thought about an ankle holster.  Anyway, I don't carry at work, but I would if I could.  I DO still keep my gun in the car even though it's not allowed . .. and I still carry my pocket knife even though those aren't allowed either?!  I won't be working there much longer. . . hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to hear it!

I KNOW they can prohibit it inside the building .. but the parking lot also?  can you quote your source for me???  I've been wondering about this also.  I guess I may be breaking the law but I don't think they have any right to say not to have it in MY car in a parking lot that belongs to the landlord, not THEM.  I don't think I should have to give up my right to self defense just in order to have a job and earn a living.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#37]
My enployies that I work with feel SAFER knowing that I carry a 45 on my side at work. It makes the sheep feel protected that if a wolf comes around that there is a hunter  of wolves with them

Slug-O-Matic USMC
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to hear it!

I KNOW they can prohibit it inside the building .. but the parking lot also?  can you quote your source for me???  I've been wondering about this also.  I guess I may be breaking the law but I don't think they have any right to say not to have it in MY car in a parking lot that belongs to the landlord, not THEM.  I don't think I should have to give up my right to self defense just in order to have a job and earn a living.  

At my site, the company I work for does indeed own the parking lot, as well as the 100+ acres that surround our campus.  So, their rules are applicable in the parking lot, regardless if it is my vehicle or not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#39]
I remember an old saying, “It is better to be judged by TWELVE, than carried by SIX“.  

Legal disclaimer:  I don’t condone breaking the law or company rules.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to hear it!

I KNOW they can prohibit it inside the building .. but the parking lot also?  can you quote your source for me???  I've been wondering about this also.  I guess I may be breaking the law but I don't think they have any right to say not to have it in MY car in a parking lot that belongs to the landlord, not THEM.  I don't think I should have to give up my right to self defense just in order to have a job and earn a living.  hr

I asked a buddy of mine here at work who has his cwl about 5 months prior to me getting mine.  So not even he knows that i carry.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#41]
In Texas, unless your employer posts the 30.06 sign prohibiting carry at the entrances to the parking lots then it is legal to have it in your car.

TPC 46.035f clearly states that premises includes buildings but doesn't include parking lots, sidewalks, or driveways public or private.

I work at a school district facility, even though I work for a county criminal justice agency.

The only places I do not carry are at the school, post office and the court house.

ETA-spelling
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#42]
There is nothing in our employee handbook about carrying. It only says carrying illeagal weapons is prohibited. Since I have CCW and live in KY, I am able to carry a switchblade and a firearm. And I always do at the offce. If I am on a customers property I have to abide by there rules.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#43]
It's official policy at my work place to have no guns on the premises on in vehicles. However, the premises
are not posted. Therefore, the worst they can do is fire me. Of course, they'd have to let most of the
company go. There's nothing like seeing the gun trades/sales in the electronics shop. The guy who writes
the "handbook" is in the minority. One of the owners was appalled by the firearms restriction. I'll take
my chances in the office.

The real sticker is when I go offshore. I can legally carry on a boat. Most ports we go through, however,
prohibit firearms. All of the boats I work on prohibit firearms. I'm ususally driven out in a company vehicle,
so I have nowhere to leave my firearm before I go offshore. On days when I'm heading out, I just don't
carry. Galls me to no end.

Sam
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#44]
When i was filling out my CPL paperwork my boss told me it is a requirement for me to carry while at work. Nice working for a small business.

If i am going to the range after work i just bring all my guns in the shop.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#45]
we're encouraged to carry at work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
In Texas, unless your employer posts the 30.06 sign prohibiting carry at the entrances to the parking lots then it is legal to have it in your car.

It is my understanding that in TX, an employer policy prohbiiting carry is effective 30.06 -- same concept as a verbal 30.06.  They don't have to post to make it illegal, they just have to make it company policy.  I was told this in very explicit terms by my CHL instructor, and I think it says the same thing in the Texas Gun Owner's guide.  I'd love to be wrong about this one as most of the companies I work for have policies prohibiting carry.  One of them was a very anti-gun company (computer company, very big, rhymes with "Smell") and I'm glad to no longer be working there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#47]
So can you employer be held responsible if you are killed at work because they denied your right to carry?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So can you employer be held responsible if you are killed at work because they denied your right to carry?

Word is that TX made moves toward passing a law like the one in OK that makes it illegal for employers to prohibit carry in a vehicle.  The OK law is being challenged in the courts and hopefully SCOTUS will see it soon and uphold it.  I believe if that happens TX will pass the same thing.

Of course, one major caveat to the law the way OK wrote it is that if the parking area is secured, they can still prohibit carry.  I work at a place with fairly decent security -- pylons, gates, cameras all over, and armed security personnel.  I hope that caveat doesn't exist if/when TX passes such a law.

I don't worry so much about being killed inside the office, but I hate that my employer's rules make me unable to carry to/from work.  Sometimes I want to go to the bank, etc on the way home from work and be protected.

Sometimes my gun "accidentally" gets left in the center console of my pickup when I go to work
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#49]
There's a sign like this on the fence, but it has more words and something to the effect of "No Firearms Allowed."

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
There is nothing in our employee handbook about carrying. It only says carrying illeagal weapons is prohibited. Since I have CCW and live in KY, I am able to carry a switchblade and a firearm. And I always do at the offce.

Right on, brother.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top