Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There's a sign like this on the fence, but it has more words and something to the effect of "No Firearms Allowed."

homepage.mac.com/loganfive/afb_sign.jpg

You just don't have the right AFSC......LOL

Or Federal Credentials.....

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You just don't have the right AFSC......LOL

Or Federal Credentials.....

I had a friend from a previous base that was OSI.  Her weapon was a Sig, but I forget which one.  I get to handle an M9 about once a year, if I'm lucky, haha.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have issues with keeping the firearm safe in your vehicle, you might want to invest in one of these.

Center Of Mass

I use it when I go to a customer site (Florida) and want to leave it in the vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#4]
From what i can gather, workplace shooting sprees have never been committed by CCW holder, and i suspect some may have been halted or prevented if a CCW holder had been present.

I carry when i can.

I fly to work every week, but there are still many times i carry even when on the road... legally of course.

In Missouri, carrying on private property that has prohibited CCW is not a crime, as long as you exit the property if discovered and are asked to leave.

Refusing to leave that involves police call, will result in a fine for the first offense... repeated stupid stunts like that result in suspension of CCW

Bottom line: Carry when you need to but keep it under wraps...(do not carry where prohibited by statute)

PITSNIPE  (MO CCW)  OUT
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
It is good to here that states like Oklahoma and Texas are looking out for the people.  But my concern is  for people that work for companies that deal in things that might be of  value to criminal types, and blatantly advertising no weapons allowed is almost an invitation for the thugs.

On a related note: None of this really concerned me until while on vacation and visiting my mom, her crazy upstairs neighbor was hopped up on God knows what and beating on our door and windows.  Waiting for the police to get there took most of an hour in a town of 40,000 people.  When I asked the officers why it took so long, and who would have been responsible had the crazy woman killed my mother, they looked at me stupid and didn't have a response.  It was this exact situation that reminded me that we are indeed on our own in all the things that we do, and an employer requiring you to be disarmed is as much a threat to your safety as the common street thug who'ld waste you for $5.00.

At work we had to sign a policy that stated ridiculous things like we couldn't have pocket knives, because they construed that to be a weapon as equally dangerous as a firearm.  But they did allow us short non-locking blades. I guess they would rather pay for the injuries due to those than allow us to carry a good utilitarian folder.  Needless to say I told my supervisor I didn't agree with the policy and that the company will be hearing from an attorney if I am killed, maimed or assaulted by someone with a weapon while I am at work.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry at work.  It is posted that there is no carrying at work but I have an understanding with the owner of the company.  He feels safer with someone carrying, especially someone he can trust.  He even paid for the fees and class fee for my permit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I carry at work.  It is posted that there is no carrying at work but I have an understanding with the owner of the company.  He feels safer with someone carrying, especially someone he can trust.  He even paid for the fees and class fee for my permit.

I would get that in writing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I carry at work ... in fact our policies and procedures manual states that we will be subject to disciplinary action if a crime is in progress and we are unable to do anything about it because we are unarmed.

I also carry a baton and a couple sets of handcuffs .. and some other stuff.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top