Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 3:36:18 PM EDT
what makes one cant better than the other?  why don't they make a rearward cant?  just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Personal preference and comfort are what should be taken into consideration before others' opinions, that said FBI forward cant works for me!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How it fits your body is the number 1 thing!  I have both but like a 15 degree cant.

Rear cant would put the gun further back from where you are drawing to.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
my holster can do rear cant if i wanted it to (adjustable)  The only use I can see for it is as a cross draw setup.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an IWB that is 15 degree cant and a paddle that has a 20 degree cant.  I don't notice much difference between them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#5]

what makes one cant better than the other? why don't they make a rearward cant? just wondering.

The most common concealed carry position is probably just behind the hip. Canting the holster forward makes the grip more accessible and the draw easier. To cant it rearward serves no purpose. Experience has proven that there is always one responder who relates that they normally conceal their gun front and center over their navel and canting rearward makes it handier to use. I'm just relating what I consider is the most common.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
i prefer some cant - i have a Galco High Ride Concealable  and also use the Glock factory holster.  the Glock has signficantly less cant, almost straight,  but i don't really notice any real difference from my perspective.  i wear either one at approx 4:00 on my right.  
that prints less for me with baggy shirt and tail out.  

i have tried an appendix carry with a friends holster - it has applications on horseback or motorcycle, and maybe car.  only thing is you better have good trigger finger placement and discipline cause you sweep everything when you draw.  
so, i figure no problem if good discipline is drilled into you and you practice it.    
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How it fits your body is the number 1 thing!  I have both but like a 15 degree cant.

Rear cant would put the gun further back from where you are drawing to.

I agree.  The Milt Sparks VM2 I use is very comfortable, but the rear of the slide prints.  I used to constantly push it back with my elbow.  I have never had a problem with the grip printing in the rear, so a holster no or very slight cant would be the best one for my body type.  However, because I like the VM2, I have temperorarily solved the problem by shifting it to between 4 and 5 o'clock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top