Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:03:53 AM EDT
Do y'all carry in a hospital or your doctor's office? I am sure I will get a whole bunch of yea's as I don't see how being in a hospital or family practice will make you immune to an attack, but I just wanted to know how you feel about this.

If yes, do your doctors frown upon the fact that you carry?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:19 AM EDT
I carry everywhere I go. I was carrying during a CT scan of my wrist a few months ago now that I think about it. The chance of the doc finding out are slim, but if he did, I dont' really care what he frowns on.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:16:37 AM EDT
I carry whenever I'm visiting a hospital.

Shucks! My doctor talks about what he got at the last gun show with me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:06:58 AM EDT
I carry in hospitals & doctors offices all the time twice this week already - concealed is concealed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:09:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
I use to work security for a hospital back in the day. You are not allowed to carry in the hospital I worked at and the weapon would be taken and held in a secure location or you would be asked to leave. That being said, I never searched anyone and as long as you were not waving it around the waiting room, I could care less if you were carrying or not. Concealed is concealed, as someone said. It's not the good guy carrying legaly that we worried about.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
I always carry in hospitals. Some of them have the no CCW signs, but I pay zero attention to them. The last time I was at the doctor, I took off my G19 and layed it on the counter in the exam room, and my doc pulled out his new G39 to show me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:35 PM EDT
MRI scans and similar machines with biga** magnets might be a good place to avoid while you're carrying unless you want to cause some excitement!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:10:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rhino_:
MRI scans and similar machines with biga** magnets might be a good place to avoid while you're carrying unless you want to cause some excitement!

It can also magnetize the firing pin rendering your gun useless until de-magnetized.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:38:46 PM EDT
I carry in the hospital. But when I'm going to the doctor to get examined I leave it in my truck.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:24:22 PM EDT
This is not an option in Michigan. It is illegal.

SP

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:30:40 PM EDT
Carry? Sorry, I can't carry because I had a boating accident yesterday and lost all my guns.
Top Top