Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:05:09 PM EDT
I did this segment for the Police Officers Safety Association and I thought you folks might be interested in it.

6 mins, 47 meg.

let me know what you think

http://armedresponsetraining.com/pocket_carry.mpg.zip

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:55:10 PM EDT
good info
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:38:26 AM EDT
Getting corrupt file error message....

T Bone (Detriot).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:48:03 AM EDT
Very well done, with concise, thorough explanations. Would be very informative for those who are considering, or new to pocket carry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 5:50:33 PM EDT by TBoneDetroit]
Got it to work this time. Good info there. A bit surprised you didn't touch on the wear to the pocket. Have you found a need to have the posckets lined, or frequently repaired?

On a related item, have you tried any of the variety of garments with integral pockets made specifically for pistol carry? (ie: Coronado Leather, or the various shirt and jeans manufacturers set up to carry).

T Bone (Detroit).

Edit: Re-reading my post, doesn't appear I conveyed that it was very cool of you to post this here for all of us to watch. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:11:30 PM EDT
thanks everyone.

T-bone,

I have not had a problem with wear myself. Had some pockets wear out but the pants were pretty worn out also. Have you had problems? Kinda the cost of doing business :)

While I thing corondado makes great products I am not a fan of vest carry because, for me, the vest moves around too much (esp if I have to run) and I want to know where the gun is at all times for fast access. I also dont like the weght on my shoulders like that. Could just be me.

I have yet to try the jeans (toters I think?) because an associate told me that they wear out fast and its difficult to get a big gun like a j-frame in them. After hearing that I was not real interested in spending that kind of money. Have you tried them?

Im glad you appreciate the post.. tell your friends. I like constructive criticism
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:40:34 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 6:56:31 AM EDT by TBoneDetroit]
I've not tried any of the various shirt/jeans makes, or Coronado leather. The latter intrigued me a bit, some decent jackets as well as vests. But then, if I'm gonna wear a jacket....

I used to pocket carry a Combat Commander in the inside pocket of a USGI MA1 jacket. It did wear on the pocket, but as you state, the jacket itself was wearing as well.

Also pocket carried a Glock or an American Derriger in the side pocket of an M-65 field jacket. It did wear fast, besides, not really secure enough (as you state, running, etc.). Either of these would have benefitted greatly from a pocket holster, which I didn't use.

Thanks again,

TBone (Detroit).
Top Top