Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 12:50:42 AM EDT
wmsa.net/ccw/ccw042411short_version_from_kj.htm

Vehicles
Under the statute the right to carry loaded concealed handguns in one’s home is extended to one’s vehicle. This extended right is confined to persons 21 years old or older who lawfully possesses the firearm. This right only applies to “concealable” firearms (they mean handguns). It does NOT apply to rifles, carbines, or shotguns. It doesn’t have to make sense, it’s just the law.
The term "lawfully possess" means that the individual can legally own a handgun. Some persons have privately acquired handguns in Missouri without going through Missouri's mandatory, but lightly enforced, purchase permit system (see MISSOURI WEAPONS AND SELF-DEFENSE LAW at page 92). While these handguns have been unlawfully purchased this does not mean that they are unlawfully possessed.
The handgun may be carried anywhere in the passenger compartment of the vehicle. As in the home, one must be cautious about access by children. People have been charged with endangering the welfare of children by allowing access to guns, and certain prosecutors may take this as a consolation prize.

For a much more in-depth page on the law, the class, restrictions & permissions Click Here. An extremely knowledgeable person has put together the ultimate informational guide.

So I can pack hot, in my car and not get my balls crushed by the crash, right?  I actually read the whole 15 pg document, and as far as I can tell, its completely legal.  LEOs?  Lawyers?  Anyone who knows for sure?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you can legally buy a handgun from an FFL, you can carry it in your car in any way you see fit.  Simple as that.

BTW, good job in the Metal Gear games
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the Hometown forum for any other answers/interpretations.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As long as you can legally buy a handgun from an FFL, you can carry it in your car in any way you see fit.  Simple as that.

BTW, good job in the Metal Gear games

Thanks Drew.  Kinda what I thought too.

As for MG, Im one sneaky SOB, but I could only wish to have a mullet that cool!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top