Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:21:22 PM EDT
I've taken the class and sent everything off to Austin and its been around maybe a month now or a little less. I know that it will take a good while but about how long did it take you guys, even  the ones out of Texas.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It took just under 2 weeks in MN.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've taken the class and sent everything off to Austin and its been around maybe a month now or a little less. I know that it will take a good while but about how long did it take you guys, even  the ones out of Texas.

Gunluvr, plan on waiting the full 60 days.  That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if they come through sooner.

It took them 59 days to do mine.  Some people have gotten faster results.  It varies, but it doesn't seem to be one of those situations where they say 2 months but really mean 2 weeks -- they mean 2 months.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
62 days from the date I dropped it off at DPS.  That was year ago.  It takes them almost a month for an address change too
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Woah, where was this?  Mine took 3, but I understood most departments were dragging their feet for the full month.  Perhaps it's just Hennepin and Ramsey that drag their feet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woah, where was this?  Mine took 3, but I understood most departments were dragging their feet for the full month.  Perhaps it's just Hennepin and Ramsey that drag their feet?

Olmsted county. Sheriff Borchardt must be bored
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Olmsted county. Sheriff Borchardt must be boredhr

Hmm.  I'm in Anoka County.  I was really suprised because I've heard Anderson was pretty resistant to the carry laws.  I think he wound up with 2 challenges so far, so that might have convinced him not to resist it anymore.  I dunno.  He's a nice guy, and a great Sheriff.  Chatted with him a couple times.  Thought the carry issues were strange, though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#7]
mine took a year and a half
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm guessing you had some complications with yours.  I know someone who had the same name as a felon, it took them a while to get his done as we..
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing you had some complications with yours.  I know someone who had the same name as a felon, it took them a while to get his done as we..

had to clear up something that was on my record which shouldnt have caused any delay but they had to verify it wasnt domestic violence.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in PA. It's done by county Sherrif in PA. The county I lived in for 30 years took the full 45 days that PA allows them to take, even on renewals. The county I live in now is up here in God's country. My last renewal took less than a week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#11]
NEVERMIND!!!!! im holding it in my hands now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
NEVERMIND!!!!! im holding it in my hands now.

congrats
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Here in Iowa the wait is 3 whole days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top