Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:37:13 PM EDT
just got my ccw permit today. my question is where is legal, acceptable to carry ? also where is it not acceptable. i live in pa if that helps and i couldnt find much on the state website firearms section. thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:50:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:10:15 PM EDT
checked out packing.org all i found on there not acceptable is court house and schools both would seem logical, what about banks etc
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:10:27 PM EDT
Hi I live in PA and have carried for the last 4 years. I too wonderd the same thing. I was really surprized at the lack of info The state gives you. I called the Shielf dept with some questions and they didnt want to be botherd and were rather rude.
Anyway from what I understand you cant carry on school grounds, post office, Federal buldings or in state parks.................The state park one really pissed me off, If I am out in the middle of nowhere with my wife. I want the same if not more protection then when I am shoping in the supermarket. We stoped night fishing and going to state parks when I learned this. If there would be some jerk out there he already knows I am not allowed to have a gun since I am obeying the laws. I guess the bad guy leaves his at home also ... o.k rant done know
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 6:34:15 PM EDT by WMHM4]

Originally Posted By bdawg:
checked out packing.org all i found on there not acceptable is court house and schools both would seem logical, what about banks etc

just as packing.org says you can't carry in schools or courts. You are good to go in banks, bars and anywhere else. PA is really good with only have a couple of off limit carry places
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:08:41 AM EDT
My books are still packed away from moving & I don't even know which box yet. Several years ago I got pamphlets and literature from my local state reps office. I called them and they sent them. They were full of the kind of information you need. Probably a good idea for me to do an update also. Have fun, play safe!
Top Top