Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they make raid jackets that say CCW Permit holder?

they even come in 3X for the tactical fatties
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If he was a felon, he couldn't be the Potus.  Some states have different misdemeanors that DQ u from ccw but usually on DWI it only matters if it's in the past 2 or 3 years.

Why not?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody know where I can get one that says

"United Stated Militia"                                          
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What is this ?

I'll tell you

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Owning one of those is a sure sign of BORDERLINE RETARDATION!

half of my posts are nothing more than an animation or a "+1"   . .. . I'm happy to contribute.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are sporting a CCW badge in street clothes, who's the bad guy with gun going to pop first you are the unarmed citzen?  Why wear a target!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Ha Ha Ha, I remember the badge, my now ex-wife got me on in a nice leather wallet.
The badge is nice 'n' shiny and the leather wallet it comes in is well made.
I looked, it's still in the box it came in brand new...anyone want to buy it...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Not saying its a bright idea BUT i read a post on this board a long while back about the same thing. Not sure of the guys name but one member chimed in why he indeed does carry a CCW badge.  The member stated he has on two instances had to use his CCW to stop or prevent a felony in progress.  The member ( again cant remember his name, just remember reading the post ) said in one instance he had his gun drawn down on a bad guy and the police did show up while he had the bad guy in his sights. The member flashed his CCW badge at the arriveing officers ( did not say claim he was an LEO ) but the officers instead of demading he drop the gun, went into instant action to cuffed the perp instead of confronting the CCW holder.

I remember him stateing one officer told him it was a good idea to have had the badge. Since he did not claim to be a LEO he wasnt breaking any laws. He told the officers while they where cuffing the suspect that he was indeed a CCW holder and they thanked him. I believe the situation at hand had something to do with a male severly assaulting a female in a parking lot.

the badge in this situation kept the CCW holder from bein drawn down on bmy several officers and caused them to take instant action against the suspect. I can see where it would come in handt for such a situation but I do not see a need to have one hanging off your belt next to your gun.

ETA; NO I do not own a CCW badge...I dont intend on ever confronting abad guy unlessmy life or someone elses life is in dire need, and in that instance the perp will not be moveing and my sidearm will be holstered by the time LEO arrive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I remember him stateing one officer told him it was a good idea to have had the badge.

My CHL instructor is a retired police officer and trains a lot of LEOs. He advocates the CCW badge for this very reason. He has been involved in many friendly fire incidents as a cop where he thinks the presence of some sort of badge would have prevented good guys from being killed by responding police. He also stated that the badge should be placed next to your holster so it is only visible if you have drawn your weapon.

FWIW, I do not own a CCW badge.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
But if I got one of those, where would I wear my 'MallNinja' badge?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]
CCW badges are not legal in some states, plus frowned upon in many others. The only time it could be utilized is if identification is needed to an officer when words can not be spoken do to a potential harmful situation. Suggest not use it...CCW Trainer
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember him stateing one officer told him it was a good idea to have had the badge.

My CHL instructor is a retired police officer and trains a lot of LEOs. He advocates the CCW badge for this very reason. He has been involved in many friendly fire incidents as a cop where he thinks the presence of some sort of badge would have prevented good guys from being killed by responding police. He also stated that the badge should be placed next to your holster so it is only visible if you have drawn your weapon.

How about a badge that just says "good guy" on it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about a badge that just says "good guy" on it?

That would work too. You have to be pretty close to read what's written on the badge anyway.

A few days ago I was in Subway eating lunch with my GF when I walked past a man sitting in a booth and I saw that he was carrying. I thought to myself that I better let him know that his gun was not concealed. Then he turned and I was a badge on his belt. From six feet away, I did not know what the badge said, but I figured he was legal to carry it. Your average sheep will likely have the same train of thought.

Again, I do not own a CCW badge, but I do understand the arguments that the badge advocates have.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd personally never carry a CCW badge.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I've seen a badge that says "U.S. TAX PAYER", or something like that. I thought it'd be a good conversation peice, ya know, if I had the extra money to blow.

One thing is that all you guys seem to think he's talking about wearing it on the outside in public. I think he meens keeping it in his pocket. I see how you could use it if you were being accosted my some do-gooder soccer moms (for accidently flashing you weapon) and you could flash it and say "It's OK, I'm authorized to carry a firearm by the sheriffs office (or CLE, or whatever) of _______ county"
Yes, I think it is impersonating a LEO, but it's a very fine line, as I / you never said you were, but in the human mind, they automaticly thought "badge = good guy". It's all phycoligy.

ETA: We had a bouncer jump a guy here because he spotted the CHLers weapon as he EXITed the bar, the bouncer attacked the guy on the sidewalk OUTSIDE the bar, and tryed to wrestle the weapon away from the guy, then a passer-by stepped on the CHLers hand (with gun in it) to try to assist the bouncer, well the gun went off and shot a college student from the near by university in the head. I bet that if at any point they had seen a badge they would have appalogized and quit trying to disarm the guy. (like if the badge was on his holster, or next to it)

The guy had just come back from Iraq, so he wasn't just some bumm with a CHL, he was a very clean cut young man. The PO-PO didn't press charges against anyone, but the kid who got shot will likely sue the CHLer, from the interview in the paper.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I advise my students to stay clear of CCW badges.  All it takes is for a police officer to perceive that you are trying to impersonate a police officer and you're facing charges.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#18]
CCW badges are EXPLICITLY ILLEGAL in New Mexico. They will get you in more trouble than concealed carry w/o a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#19]

We had a bouncer jump a guy here because he spotted the CHLers weapon as he EXITed the bar, the bouncer attacked the guy on the sidewalk OUTSIDE the bar, and tryed to wrestle the weapon away from the guy, then a passer-by stepped on the CHLers hand (with gun in it) to try to assist the bouncer, well the gun went off and shot a college student from the near by university in the head. I bet that if at any point they had seen a badge they would have appalogized and quit trying to disarm the guy. (like if the badge was on his holster, or next to it)

The guy had just come back from Iraq, so he wasn't just some bumm with a CHL, he was a very clean cut young man. The PO-PO didn't press charges against anyone, but the kid who got shot will likely sue the CHLer, from the interview in the paper.

That bouncer is an idiot!  He's the one who should be sued.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you carry two guns, should you have two badges? I wear one on my underwear, that's why I have that pained look when sitting down.

... it's also why you 'clank' when you sit down...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/mzmtg/guns/copcarforumuse.jpg

But you oughta see WHAT he's concealing in the trunk!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:49:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I wonder if they make raid jackets that say CCW Permit holder?
www.streichers.com/getimage.aspx?image=DM-J31.PSD&width=750&height=550
they even come in 3X for the tactical fatties

yah, they have 'em... instead of an alligator on the front, they have a Glock...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Somebody was making panels that instead of saying POLICE or AGENT on them, said CALL POLICE.  Maybe it was Second Chance and their body armor in a hipsack/fanny pack thing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top