Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have more than one extra carry gun.  In fact, if you train (shooting range) as much as you should then you need a back up of your primary in addition to "other options" for differing weather / attire.

As many have said in this thread ... 2 of your primary is a minimum.  Primary changes with weather and clothes.  Therefore, you probably need 6-8 carry guns in your battery.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two identical...

1911's
Glock 17's
Glock 43X's
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two identical...

1911's
Glock 17's
Glock 43X's
View Quote

Very practical.

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#4]
You should carry an extra if the threat level dictates it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You should carry an extra if the threat level dictates it.
View Quote
The OP isn't talking about carrying two guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  The OP isn't talking about carrying two guns.
View Quote

But he should.    That's what the little .32s & .380s, and snub nose revolvers are for - a spare gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But he should.    That's what the little .32s & .380s, and snub nose revolvers are for - a spare gun.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Should you have an extra carry gun?
View Quote

"One is none, two is one, and three is better than two."

Quoted:
There are seasons where I live, so clothes range from very light T-shirts in the summer to heavy coats in the winter. I have a .380 ACP for the summer/exercising and I have a compact-midsize 9mm for occasional summer use (with the right outfit) and general winter/fall use. What I'm wondering is if I should have a compact/micro 9 to carry if the .380 ACP or 9mm need a repair or are otherwise can't/shouldn't be carried.
View Quote

1. Try button-up shirts over a t-shirt, they're very breathable when unbuttoned. This is how I plan to conceal my PF940v2 IWB when constitutional carry goes into effect on June 13th in Ohio.
2. The compact 9mm should be good with an IWB claw holster.
Quoted:
I understand that I already have two options, but I'm not a fan of carrying the .380 ACP in the winter due to the limitations of the cartridge. Is this a legitimate concern?
View Quote

Underwood +P 90gr Xtreme Defenders are the answer you seek.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top