Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone here think the G48 with S15 mags is a whole lot easier to carry than the G19?

I’ve got a few G19s and thinking about trading one for a G48 setup.
View Quote

Absolutely not. Height is the same, length is the same. You’re talking about a whopping 3oz more to carry the G19 and .24” width. I know some will argue with 1/4” is a difference in width in your pants but I’ve got news for you, it isn’t. You expand many times that after drinking a soda or beer, eating, having a full bladder or just having a solid turd moving through.

Personally I wouldn’t trust a 43X or 48 with shield mags for anything. Way too many reports of people still having function issues with even the gen 2 mags for me to even consider it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Absolutely not. Height is the same, length is the same. You’re talking about a whopping 3oz more to carry the G19 and .24” width. I know some will argue with 1/4” is a difference in width in your pants but I’ve got news for you, it isn’t. You expand many times that after drinking a soda or beer, eating, having a full bladder or just having a solid turd moving through.

Personally I wouldn’t trust a 43X or 48 with shield mags for anything. Way too many reports of people still having function issues with even the gen 2 mags for me to even consider it.
View Quote

Interesting.  Most every review I’ve seen have indicated several hundred to a couple thousand rounds with no issues.  

I mean, .24” is kind of a big deal...

I have a G19 and 4.25” Compact 1911 (with thin grips) in my carry rotation.  They are basically the same height/length but the 1911 is about 1/8” thinner with rounder contours and comfort is much nicer in comparable carry styles across the board.  I probably would have went G48 over a year ago, but a 10+1 9mm midsize doesn’t interest me when there are quality 10+1 subcompacts and 15+1 midsize pistols.  If I’m going to carry a <10 round midsize, it’s going to need to be In 45 or best mm to offset the capacity loss.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kydex iwb 4 o'clock.  Done several long ass road trips no problem.
View Quote

Same, look at jm custom kydex if you like kydex. Or crossbreed if you prefer the hybrid style, both work great for me and my 19.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Tier 1 Axis AIWB when I do carry
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interesting.  Most every review I’ve seen have indicated several hundred to a couple thousand rounds with no issues.  

I mean, .24” is kind of a big deal...

I have a G19 and 4.25” Compact 1911 (with thin grips) in my carry rotation.  They are basically the same height/length but the 1911 is about 1/8” thinner with rounder contours and comfort is much nicer in comparable carry styles across the board.  I probably would have went G48 over a year ago, but a 10+1 9mm midsize doesn’t interest me when there are quality 10+1 subcompacts and 15+1 midsize pistols.  If I’m going to carry a <10 round midsize, it’s going to need to be In 45 or best mm to offset the capacity loss.
View Quote

There is quite a bit of negative feedback even with the new mags. Lots of posts on Reddit and FB groups of people having issues with them, no they are not reliable.

Even some of the YouTubers claiming reliability (and not showing malfunctions at least) you can seem them wiggling the gun on reloads and ripping mags out to get them to drop free which is pretty comical.

I’d stick to what you have and what you know works.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry my G19 in an appendix inside the waist holster. The RCS claw helps a lot at keeping it from printing.

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Ignore the posts that say there is only one choice, or at least that part.  Holsters are VERY subjective, and everyone's body type is different.

Your choice of belt is VERY important.  I personally prefer a 1.5" stiff leather belt.  I have both Hank's and Beltman.  I don't care for the "rigger's" style, but some do, but again, you want quality and as much "stiffness" as you are comfortable with.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Kramer Scabbard on a proper leather gun belt.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I've carried my G17 AIWB with a Raven Vanguard 2, and you'd be shocked how easily it hides with that little guy.

Other than that, I've got a Phlster Pro for a G48 and love it.

If you're going IWB, I would not buy anything that does not have a wing or some mechanism to aid in driving the grip frame in to your body, it makes all the difference for me personally.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Glock 20 OWB @3:00 under a t-shirt with a good belt (Hank's, Wilderness 5-stich, Kore) in something from my Holster Drawer.

Usually a Tucker leather.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/PXL_20210429_215439182_jpg-2083401.JPG
View Quote
For those wearing wilderness 5 stitch belts, how did you size the belt? I'm a 36" waist, so Im assuming I'll need a 40" belt.

eta: I'm using a Tier 1 AIWB with spare mag with my G19. I've also used the Vanguard with good success.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For those wearing wilderness 5 stitch belts, how did you size the belt? I'm a 36" waist, so Im assuming I'll need a 40" belt.

eta: I'm using a Tier 1 AIWB with spare mag with my G19. I've also used the Vanguard with good success.
View Quote

Measure your true waist, add a few inches.

The good thing about the Kore belt (besides its stiffness) is that you measure twice and cut it down to size.  I ended up trimming it once conservatively and then once again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Anyone here think the G48 with S15 mags is a whole lot easier to carry than the G19?

I’ve got a few G19s and thinking about trading one for a G48 setup.

I currently have mine in a random kydex IWB/OWB (depending on the loops you put on it) and carry anywhere from 2-4 depending on attire/activity.  I wish it had more curve and wasn’t so flat for 3-o’clock iwb.
View Quote

I mean, you are carrying a brick in it.  I love me some Glock magwell, but JMB (PBUH) did manage to make a semi-auto pistol a century ago that wasn't square.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The good thing about the Kore belt (besides its stiffness) is that you measure twice and cut it down to size.  I ended up trimming it once conservatively and then once again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Ended up going with the Kore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ignore the posts that say there is only one choice, or at least that part.  Holsters are VERY subjective, and everyone's body type is different.

Your choice of belt is VERY important.  I personally prefer a 2" stiff leather belt.  I have both Hank's and Beltman.  I don't care for the "rigger's" style, but some do, but again, you want quality and as much "stiffness" as you are comfortable with.  

View Quote

Where do you find pants with loops that will accept a 2” belt?
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Your choice of belt is VERY important.  I personally prefer a 2" stiff leather belt.  I have both Hank's and Beltman.  I don't care for the "rigger's" style, but some do, but again, you want quality and as much "stiffness" as you are comfortable with.  

View Quote

The red part is truth if I've ever seen it.  I have 3 different holsters for my P10C.  Each one has its good and bad points and all of them get used at different times for different reasons.

As much as I would like to wear a good conventional leather belt, I use a Kore for the fine adjustments.  A conventional belt always seems to be a little tight or a little loose.  I can get the ratchet belt exactly where I need it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where do you find pants with loops that will accept a 2" belt?
View Quote
Sorry.  1.5" belt.  I was thinking "not one of those skinny belts" but upon checking found you are correct.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]
ANR design AIWB with claw. Surprisingly comfortable, and I'm no twiggy boy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
JM Custom AIWB.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]
OP, your first mistake was "Glock 19 Clone". Get a real glock or be prepared to use it like a rock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Right side IWB C-tac or King Tuk with air vent holes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
GALCO OWB is the answer you seek.  Never use cheap holsters!
View Quote

Or cheap belts.  Get a good stiff one that holds the weight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Outside waist kydex.  I can’t stand iwb.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a Vedder light tuck for mine. Carried my G19.5 with RMR all weekend. Spent the day at Dave and Busters with my son yesterday and it wasn’t an issue at all. Carried a spare mag at the 11 o’clock position OWB.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]
JM Custom Kydex IWB 3.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#27]
G22.4 9mm conversion in KT Mech OWB holster at about 3:30.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Get on the EE and buy a few different holsters then resell the ones that don't work out for you.  Its the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#29]
G19 with TLR7A and RMR in a Tenicor AIWB
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I carry a CZ P07 every day.  If its just daily carry, I have a cheap IWB holster that I really like, Concealment Express I think is the brand, good soft loops, quality holster and not too thick.  If at night or dark places I have a holster for the gun with an Olight PL2-mini, I got it from MI Holster co. and the damn thing is a work of art.  I carry a stock 16 rounder in the gun for a total of 17 rounds, and a 20 round extended reload.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
IWB somewhere around 4:00 to 5:00
Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra holster (Leather back, kydex front, single clip for easy on and off without removing gun from holster, but not tuckable if that matters.)
Also, the kydex is replaceable if you decide to switch guns.
View Quote

My son used the above holster for his G22 on the job for years.
I preferred the same without the leather back for my G3 19.
Depending on the weapon choice a Vedder Light Tuck is my go to.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Raven Concealment VG2 AIWB
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Kydex iwb 4 o'clock.  Done several long ass road trips no problem.
View Quote

This, NSR Tactical is my go to for all Kydex needs
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Cover.  Garment.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Milt Sparks VMII or Summer special

Also have an OWB kydex holster I made myself, but it’s for range/training
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Tier 1 axis.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I've had good luck with a CrossBreed SuperTuck with my G19. About 3:30-4:00 and set deep enough that I can just get a good grip above my belt.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
JM Custom AIWB.
View Quote

For the win. I’ve been using these holsters for years. Everything from a 226 to a Beretta 92. But now I’m rocking a G19 in a G17 sized holster. I like the longer holsters. More comfy. I used a 226 holster for my 229.

229 in 226 holster

SD9 In M&P holster

Chopped 19 In 17 holster

Comped 19 in G34 holster

Bunch of AIWB from JMCK
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Check out the Black Arch Protos M holster.  For IWB holsters, they are all I will buy anymore.  I've got comptacs, stealthgear, garrett silent thunder, crossbreed, etc, but the protos M is a step above in terms of retention and comfort.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Glock 19 Gen 5/RMR, Phlster Pro series, Aries Ranger Belt is my favorite.  Actual everyday carry in a fairly professional job in a major city for several years.  Before that it was the same gun with a Phlster Classic, before that a Skeleton.  Untucked Eddie Bauer expedition flannel or button-down.  Tucked in with a vest if its cold out.  I also find that a quality pair of pants helps.  I like PRana Brions.  I find the easiest way to carry a gun like that everyday is to have a "uniform" (same stuff every day.)

Weekends kickin around with the fam in the country it's a G43 in a skeleton. Same pants t shirt.  

Keeping it consistent makes it feel natural.

Always AIWB.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I carry a Glock 19 and a Glock 43X in holsters from https://www.holsterama.com/
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Used this for a while and very impressed.  JM Kydex IWB
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Strong side hip.

Quality holster and belt.

In 30 years or so of CC, no one has ever noticed and if they did, they didn't say anything.

Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Alien gear holsters are the most comfortable for me.  I carry a G17 daily.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#46]
you have to be a thin health human. so most of us are out.

I carry a shield and a P365XL
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I've downsized from a Glock 23 to a 26.  If I want 15 rounds, it takes Glock 19 mags.  If I'm worried about sight radius, I can have the slide cut for an RMR.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 1:22:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Com-Tac MTAC.
View Quote

I have some older Comp Tac holsters that I really like,but the new MTACis my favorite  now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I've used the Crossbreed supertuck for a while. It was comfortable, but I went with a Comp-tac MTAC when I changed my ccw gun, and I have loved it. Super comfortable, tuckable, will work with an optic if you cut the plastic. Only downside is they don't make that model for use with a weapon light. So, I tried out Crossbreed's LDS2.0 and I absolutely hate it. The leather is way too stiff and hard, and it doesn't help that there's a bunch of fasteners holding the kydex to the leather. So, I am still trying to find an alternate to it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I carry appendix and use a Tier 1 concealed Apex holster.  The most important thing for me was using their foam wedge which made sitting/bending bearable.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top