Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
3:30 carry with my Glock 32 with TLR-7 in a Raven holster.

I ordered a Blackpoint Tactical OWB holster for my incoming Staccato P with TLR-7.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on Lou Alessi ( Rest his soul ) CQC/S for my HK USPc .45's, USPc 9's, G27, G43, G36 & G30'

A gun specific belt is a crucial component. Wilderness Tactical instructor's belt and their Frequent Flyer have served me for many years.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Full size M&P 9, Serpa, 3 oclock. I usually wear a button down the front shirt unbuttoned. it works.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
0930 O'clock (lefty).

G17, RMR02, TLR-2s.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Since I retired this is my usual set up.
G43 and mags. On Your Six designs made the holster and mag carrier.
When it’s not hot as hell I still carry a G22 or BHP, all at 3 O’clock.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Cooks Holsters are, by far, the best thing in Kydex.

No, not affiliated, just have bought every god damn holster ever made and these guys are the only ones I'm going back to. 6 times now.

https://www.cooksholsters.com/
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
CZ P-10C, High Noon Holsters Stingray, works perfectly for me at 4 o'clock.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]

My Blackpoint setup came in.  I like how the triple mag pouch can bend around the waist.  This should be no issue to conceal.

Now I just wish the gun would get here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Glock 23, 1911FS Galco Combat Master, 2:30
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a skinny bastard so OWB only.

XD subcompact in Shadow Holsters kydex (Arfcommer made) at 3:30 position.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I go both ways, IWB or OWB.
Same gun model but my OWB has a light.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Commander in an older Galco Combat Master.  Got one for the G19 but I just don't shoot Glocks as well.  Keep meaning to buy a Privateer but haven't gotten around to it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Sometimes, you can still see the bottom of the holster but no one except keen gun people know what it is since it's black kydex and not an obvious gun shaped holster.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Full sized semi-auto pistol carried OWB at about 3 o'clock.  Custom made extra heavy leather 1.75" belt and fully lined leather holster.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sometimes, you can still see the bottom of the holster but no one except keen gun people know what it is since it's black kydex and not an obvious gun shaped holster.
View Quote
Ive wondered about this with OWB carry.

Its the bottom inch of a holster being visible basis for problems in non-open carry states?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its the bottom inch of a holster being visible basis for problems in non-open carry states?
View Quote
I guess it would depend on how bad the police are there.  The word "concealed" means "obscured from view".  So technically if you wore your OWB holster and concealed it with a tight t-shirt, such that the outline of the gun was still clearly visible, it is still obscured from view and thus concealed.  A person viewing such a set-up couldn't be 100% sure it was a gun, only that it is something 'gun shaped'.  Concealed does NOT mean invisible or undetectable.  Some states, especially those on the Eastern Seaboard, may have issues with this concept and the police may be willing to violate a citizens rights where handguns are concerned.

Do the police have the legal authority to stop you and demand to see what you're concealing?  Do the police have the legal authority to detain you and demand you ID yourself and prove you are licensed (or permitted) to carry concealed?

NO, at least in almost all states.

The gun is immaterial.  For the police to detain you for any reason they are required to have "reasonable articulable suspicion" (RAS) that you have committed, are committing, or just about to commit a crime (a crime is afoot).  [see also: Terry Stop] They cannot go by a hunch; they have to articulate a specific crime and specific facts why they're reasonably sure you did the crime.  So if they saw a gun barrel sticking out, yes, they could stop you (in places where CC is illegal).  A holster sticking out?  No, it isn't illegal to conceal a holster, and there's no way for them to claim they were sure there was a gun in it.  (NOTE: Here in WA however that alone would not be reasonable suspicion a crime is afoot, and the courts have ruled it such. If they see your poorly concealed sidearm they should assume you are carrying it lawfully (with a CPL) unless other facts support their idea that you aren't.  IOW, the default here in WA is that it's legal.)

Absent RAS they might stop and have a mutual conversation with you.  They aren't detaining you, they just want to chat about the weather, and that holster.  "Sir, may I ask you a question? What kind of holster is that, it looks like one I own. Do you like it?"  Something like that.  They're trying to build the RAS, and if you're hinky or intoxicated, they have it.  If you confidently and politely thank them and walk away, they cannot keep after you.

I've read dozens of Appeals Court cases here in WA, almost always involving drug possession, where the defendant sought to have the evidence the police found on them barred because they didn't feel like the police had RAS to stop them in the first place.  If they didn't, then the stop was illegal and the evidence ruled 'fruit of a poisonous tree' and the judge throws it out.  In most cases however, the stop is ruled to have been a mutual encounter and the defendant was never detained.  IOW, the defendant could have walked away at any time, but engaged the police in a conversation which led to the RAS, and after that the police detained them.  There are all sorts of subtleties to how the court has defined when a person is detained or seized, including where the officers stood (surrounded is detained), whether the police car strobes were on, etc.  The long and short of it is, there are people in jail because they volunteered to have a conversation with the police.

So to the question, can the bottom inch of holster being visible (all the time or when reaching) cause problems with the police, the answer (again in most states) is no.  If there are problems it may be because of how you handled the police encounter.  The universal advice is, don't talk to the cops.

"Sir, may I speak to you?"
"Good morning officer, are you detaining me?"
"Uh, no but.."
"Have a nice day officer and thank you for your service."

Seriously, been there, done that, more than a few times.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m interested in the Blackpoint Tactical for my M17 with the TLR1.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#18]
G48 and spare mag with gear from JM Custom Kydex
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#19]
After years of torturing myself carrying IWB, I've pretty much just said the hell with it and only carry OWB now.

I'd prefer to have something with better retention, but until I acquire something else- it's a G43 in a DSG kydex holster.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Carry a Glock 17 in Bravo Concealment OWB holster with a spare mag. Have had 2 back surgeries on L5/S1 and IWB holsters are no longer an option for me...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fobus paddle on hip since late 90's. 9 o'clock. G26.
I've got other holsters. All of them can't help but be fancier and cost more.
I like the dead simple Fobus paddle. Not even the adjustable one.
Flame away.....
View Quote
Here’s one I agree. Love mine.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I carry either a G45 w/ TLR-1HL or G43X w/ TLR-6, both in TR Holsters' kydex holsters at 4:00. (This week, I'm carrying a G48 w/ the TLR-6 in a TR Holster holster instead of the G43X due to the 43X being at Glock for installation of night sights.)
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#23]
P228 or P226 in a Bianchi Model 5 holster at 3:30
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#24]
G19 OWB. If whatever I'm wearing doesn't conceal it, I just throw on a safari vest. Yes, I look like a doofus. Yes, some people probably suspect I'm hiding a gun under it. But I don't get the cops called on me while I'm larping at Walmart.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
G19 OWB. If whatever I'm wearing doesn't conceal it, I just throw on a safari vest. Yes, I look like a doofus. Yes, some people probably suspect I'm hiding a gun under it. But I don't get the cops called on me while I'm larping at Walmart.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 1:28:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hehehe that paints a funny picture in my mind!
Saw a guy packing a desert eagle in a nylon holster at a local gas station a while back. Not rare to see couples OC'ing at our walmart. If the cops ever get called on me, they'd probably laugh and say I need it for protection against my wife - she signs their checks and it's a constant joke that she abuses me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Not that I ever would here in CA, but when I was in AZ I carried my M&PC in a Safariland owb.  It was comfortable and didn't print in years past it was a 1911 in a Colt (yes, it's very old)  holster, tube with a notch for the trigger guard.  I was pretty heavy and coordinating IWB with belts and pistols without printing was never easy.

I've lost bout a third of my body weight and am now revisitng the challenge.  For the heck of it, and $24 each I picked up some Versa-Carry (genuine water buffalo whoopee) for a Shield and the M&P 40C and so far they have been pretty nice.  Course I gots a lot of baggier shirts now, too.

If I ever have to wear a tucked-in shirt, without a jacket or cost, I may rethink.  If I really thought I needed one, the Shield would go in a pocket, I'd also be wondering why I needed to go there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#28]
My Glock 17 or a BHP in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder with extended sweat shield.  I am a fan of the Garrett holsters.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fobus paddle on hip since late 90's. 9 o'clock. G26.
I've got other holsters. All of them can't help but be fancier and cost more.
I like the dead simple Fobus paddle. Not even the adjustable one.
Flame away.....
View Quote
Works for me. 3 o’clock Taurus 24/7  Just pull that belt tight. Button up shirt covers good. 165 lbs  If it prints and you have a badge you get to see my permit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#30]
All the time.  Glock 19, various Commanders, and sometimes a 2.5” Smith 66.  I always use DM Bullard Bodyguard holsters with either a Wilderness Tactical belt or a DM Bullard belt.

One of my Enhanced Commanders in a Bullard rig:

Link Posted: 8/23/2019 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#31]
All depends what I’m doing.

Some times it’s a M&P 2.0 3.5” in an On Your 6 holster at 9 0’clock.

Most of the time it’s a M&P 2.0 5” with a TLR-1 in a Safariland 7 series at the 9 o’clock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 3:04:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Owb for fall/winter. 4 o clock raven holster (glock/shield) If i am wearing a jacket and 1911 then 3 o clock garrett holster. Owb doesnt work well if its summer/spring and u are wearing fitted/tailored shirts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Sig229 in a Raven at about 2:30-3:00
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Oddball double tap.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
KelTecP11.  Fobus owb holster.

9 o'clock. Cross draw.

The reason I do that cross draw is because I spend a lot of time in a vehicle with my seatbelt on and if you carry at 3 the gun is basically jammed in the seat belt side and if you need your firearm you can't even get to it plus it's uncomfortable so if you cross draw 9 it's available at all times
View Quote
I have never carried with my own equipment before but this sounds like what I need.  I had this type setup carrying my Gov issued 9mm, loved the cross draw, it was open carry when I had it with me.  I have a right shoulder injury that gets upset anywhere from the 2-6/7 O'clock position (after 6/7 figure your using the other hand or reaching across).

I am not hear to derail the OP's thread but not trying to start another which holster thread either.  In a holster what are all the options.  I can see right or left handed people, inner or outer waist band, material, and is there any type of angle options?  Don't know exactly what I am looking for but plan on OWB at the 9.  Right handed and a CZ 2075 RAMI at this moment is my "pal."
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I carry OWB often.  Last three years use a kydex holster I made in Baghdad for G17/G19.  Got a spare OWB mag carrier on off side.  For decades carried Gordon Davis Liberty holster left hand but wore it right side.  Holster was between pants and belt.  Pulled the Beretta 92 or 1911 in close to the body.  Long ago when people carried a 4" N frame concealed we used hi ride holsters that pulled the gun tight to the body OWB ie Smith 58 in a Safriland holster.  Wear a loose fitting shirt over it.

I live in NC, where we have open carry without out a license and to carry concealed have to ask the State permission (shall issue).  No issues if printing or gun gets exposed.

ETA photo
OWB and Glock on flight
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm mostly IWB at 3-4 but depending on what I"m wearing I'll still carry OWB at the same position.  Especially if I have my XDs-9 since it small and I like the leather holster I have for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#38]
I use a Combat Master/pancake style with a couple of different guns, especially in the cooler months.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#39]
New addition: Crossbones cross-draw holster from Privateer Leather.

Conceals easily under a fleece vest or untucked shirt.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Full size M&P 9, Serpa, 3 oclock. I usually wear a button down the front shirt unbuttoned. it works.
View Quote
I carry a full size M&P 2.0, 3 o'clock in a Raven concealment. Same button down shirt. It works well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I have carried OWB for about 15 years. I find for my body type 3:30 is most comfortable and concealable. I always wear a button up shirt, sweatshirt etc as a cover garment depending on weather.

In the last year I finally switched to appendix carry IWB. It is 100% more comfortable in stupid day-to-day activities (driving, sitting in a movie theater, bending over at the grocery store etc.). Those were the big negatives for me carrying OWB.

G19, S&W M&P Shield, S&W M&P Compact, S&W M&P Full Size, Colt Defender, Kimber Ultra CDP Compact.

Bravo Concealment, Raven Concealment, Blade Tech, DeSantis. All worked, none were terrible, although I would never use a leather holster again. I have learned for me it boils down to living with the uncomfortable until it becomes less uncomfortable.

Clear as mud :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#42]
S&W M66 & M22, H&K VP9, 4:00. Untucked button up shirt preferred.
20191105_074532 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

20190318_131737 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#43]
...Double tap...
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#44]
I sometimes do.

3 o'clock, Glock 45, in a custom all kydex holster.  Normally the bottom 2" show but it doesn't look like a pistol shape or anything. I normally wear a long sleeved button up shirt this time of the year untucked or open with a t-shirt under.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A G26 in the Glock Sport Combat holster (yes, the $10 holster) easily conceals with shorts and a t-shirt. I also conceal a G17 mag on my left hip in a Glock mag pouch.

It is the thinnest holster I've seen.
View Quote
This for me as well.  Very easy to conceal.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Full size 1911 or Glock, OWB in a leather Askins / Avenger type holster (Kirkpatrick Texas Strong Side), 3-4 o'clock.  Concealed by the type of shirts I wear ('bowling' / mechanics / retro / 'Charlie' type).

But I have been eyeballing a higher riding version from Privateer.
View Quote
picture please?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I carry OWB 90% of the time, The other 10% is a Smith 638 in a pocket holster. I really like the pancake styles and have holsters by Galco, TT Gunleather,Boomstick and Warbird Gunleather and they all do a good job concealing a Glock 19,Glock 26 and Colt Commander I carry at different times.

I've tried Kydex and I just don't care for it much so my choices are limited to leather holsters paired with a gun belt by Beltman or Hank's. They keep the gun tucked in tight enough that they conceal easily under a T shirt or flat bottom button up.

I'm in Arkansas though so if the gun prints a bit it's no big deal anyway.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#48]
If Im wearing a thick coat, I'll carry my G48 in a Vedder ProPaddle with a TLR-6.  Kicking myself for not having the holster cut for an optic right now

If I'm without a cover garment I have a G42 in a Vedder LightDraw with a TLR-6 as well.  I wear polos to work everyday and my 42 doesn't print any. Hell, its so light I can leave it on the belt when I take a shit.  I've had heavier guns weigh that down and I gotta unloop them from the belt and stuff them around the boxers to avoid the gun touching bathroom floor.  

Both currently have factory sights but Im gonna be throwing Dawson FO front/blacked out rears on each soon.  Hopefully on black friday I'll get that shit ordered with a nice discount
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Simple Galco leather for G19 at 3 o'clock.

Sometimes I wear a Galco cross draw for the 92s at 11 o'clock
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A G26 in the Glock Sport Combat holster (yes, the $10 holster) easily conceals with shorts and a t-shirt. I also conceal a G17 mag on my left hip in a Glock mag pouch.

It is the thinnest holster I've seen.
The Glock Sport Combat is ridiculously simple, cheap and as close as you can get to OWB carry looking like you're IWB carrying.  It really is a terrific CC holster for a number of different reasons.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top