Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 9:42:39 PM EDT
Who makes a good left handed appendix kydex holster for a J Frame?

Looking for something ultra slim for when maximum concealment is required.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw this company the other day on Instagram. I have been tossing around the idea of trying their "solo" out. I believe there is a picture of the solo sitting with a j frame on their website, I also know they have more pictures on their Instagram too, if you have an account. Here's the link:
http://gearcraftholsters.com/solo/
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are willing to go with leather check out the Deep Drop Bandit II from Bell Charter Oaks.  Great concealment.

Deep Drop Bandit II AIWB
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty tough to find kydex for J Frames in general and I'm not sure if this fits your minimalist requirement but I've been thinking of trying one of these for mine.

https://www.squaredawaycustoms.com/alpha

They've also got the Kilo model which is tuckable.

https://www.squaredawaycustoms.com/kilo
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Dark Star Gear I used this in ECQC this year and had no problems.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure if available LH but I love my Bladetech Klipt and its only $20
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if available LH but I love my Bladetech Klipt and its only $20
View Quote
Took a gamble and thought it might fit my 640.  It does not.  

The hunt continues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Took a gamble and thought it might fit my 640.  It does not.  

The hunt continues.
View Quote
Man that sucks. I think its only for the 442/642.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Ended up getting a holster from @goodmedicine and his company, Shadow Holsters.

James made this exactly to my specs and even sent it out for me to look over/test before purchasing, as it was not his "typical" style holster.

He makes great quality stuff with fair pricing and top notch customer service. You guys should check him out!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ended up getting a holster from @goodmedicine and his company, Shadow Holsters.

James made this exactly to my specs and even sent it out for me to look over/test before purchasing, as it was not his "typical" style holster.

He makes great quality stuff with fair pricing and top notch customer service. You guys should check him out!
View Quote
Would you mind to post pics? I have been thinking about ordering a holster from him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would you mind to post pics? I have been thinking about ordering a holster from him.
View Quote
@thedreamer124 Picture of the AIWB J frame holster specifically? I have 2 different ones from him.

Shoot me an e-mail from here and I'll reply with some pictures. I apologize for not seeing your post until now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I know you said Kydex but ,you really should check out the Alessi deep cover for the J frame,it is in my opinion the best AIWB holster made for the J frame,very comfortable,concealable,and thanks to the talon clip used a belt is not required and you can conceal your j frame while wearing. gym shorts
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Might be too late, but Mitch Rosen makes a nice j frame holster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
For future reference, the Blackhawk A.R.C is fantastic for the J-Frame.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
HBC Concealment Discreet

Scroll down to see the pic of the J frame, then go to the order page.  I have a handful of his holsters, and am wearing a Plus One right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Geaux Hard Holsters makes them. PHLster also makes a good J frame holster.

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I was going to reccomend Phlster's City Special (the one on the right in the picture above). I just got one myself and I love it. I don't think that there is a left/right hand option at purchase but you should just be able to reverse the "tuck-strut" to set it up for left hand carry.  I wear it at 1:00 and the J-Frame just disappears.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/city-special-revolver-holster/

my my only complaint is that the snap on the loop is a real pain in the @$$ until you get used to it and get the technique down. If it came with an instruction card on use it would have saved me some time and cursing at the holster...
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was going to reccomend Phlster's City Special (the one on the right in the picture above). I just got one myself and I love it. I don't think that there is a left/right hand option at purchase but you should just be able to reverse the "tuck-strut" to set it up for left hand carry.  I wear it at 1:00 and the J-Frame just disappears.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/city-special-revolver-holster/

my my only complaint is that the snap on the loop is a real pain in the @$$ until you get used to it and get the technique down. If it came with an instruction card on use it would have saved me some time and cursing at the holster...
View Quote
None of the holsters above are from PHLster, although I also recommend the PHLster City Special.

Pull the Dot Loops can be a pain at times, but once you get used to them, it's fairly quick.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Put a touch a lube on the snap. Something like Rem oil with Teflon is good since it dries but leaves some lubricity. Helps a lot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Honestly after spending hundreds on j frame holsters I found that the best AIWB one is the cheap uncle mike's soft IWB. Very slim, keeps sweat off the gun, and very comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top