Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2017 9:44:54 AM EDT
I recently purchased a used Safariland 6005-73 Ber 92 for the M9A3. It fits in there perfectly...nice and snug. I intend this to be a range, camping, and hunting holster. It won't be for daily carry (which is why I didn't run out and drop $150 for a new one).

It wasn't until I sat down and went to measure to see what size belt I needed that I noticed the wear on the upper/belt side of the holster. There's none of the liner left in that spot.

My question...I really like this holster...is there some way to coat that portion of the holster to prevent it from chewing up my gun? Ex. Glue in piece of 'x' material, pour in glue/resin to coat the holster (in that one spot), etc.

I don't care what it looks like...I just want it to be functional and not cause premature wear on the firearm. I would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thank you.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that will cause excessive wear. I've had worse looking holsters and never noticed any excessive wear.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. I've been thinking of editing my post and asking whether I was being too picky. I think you addressed that for me. Thank you.

I just wasn't quite sure what that material is. It seems similar in texture to kydex.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It seems similar in texture to kydex.
View Quote
That's exactly what it is.

Nothing to worry about wear wise, so long as it's not a spot where the metal hardware parts would be exposed inside the holster of course. Think of all the unlined kydex holsters out there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's exactly what it is.

Nothing to worry about wear wise, so long as it's not a spot where the metal hardware parts would be exposed inside the holster of course. Think of all the unlined kydex holsters out there.
View Quote
Good deal. Thanks for the confirmation on that. I'll just use the holster and not worry about it then.

I have a kydex holster for my G19.  I guess it just didn't occur to me when I first noticed the wear that it was just that material.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
You are being to picky... Most of us consider wear on a carry pistol a badge of honor.  You need to start changing your mindset if you plan to carry a pistol because if you are doing it right you should be getting wear because you should be practice drawing and the constant holster\reholster is going to wear the finish.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You are being to picky... Most of us consider wear on a carry pistol a badge of honor.  You need to start changing your mindset if you plan to carry a pistol because if you are doing it right you should be getting wear because you should be practice drawing and the constant holster\reholster is going to wear the finish.
View Quote
Yup. Sexiest pistols I've seen recently was that batch of cerecoted m45s the Marine Corps sold off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not worried about about typical holster wear. My concern was whether or not that imperfection in the holster would cause excessive wear.  ex. Chew the $hit out of that one spot while the finish on the rest of the gun wears gradually.  

I like holster wear.  It gives a gun that "I've actually left the safe a time or two" look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top