Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2017 7:34:54 PM EDT
I have a good leather belt for when I carry IWB at 4-5 o'clock but it seems too rigid and thick for AIWB. What's a good belt that you guys use for AIWB? 
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Of my non-leather belts, I have the Original SOE Rigid Cobra Duty belt and EDC Low Profile Belt (say what you will about their business practices but they make solid gear), Ares Gear Aegis (both the standard and enhanced), and I just ordered the Alonso Defense Emissary Gun Belt (collab with Z-List YouTube star GarandThumb). Of those, I think the standard Aegis belt or the Alonso Defense belt would fit your needs best. Obviously just speculating on the Alonso Defense belt, but I'd bet good money it's a solid belt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried out lots of different belts from Beltman horse hide, Wilderness 5 stitch, various Cobra belts, Ares Aegis belt, you name it.  Hands down favorite is the Volund Gear Works G-Hook.  Doesn't have any bulky buckle, easy to put on unlike Cobra buckles, keeps it's rigidity, and can be adjusted for a perfect fit.

Volund Gear Works
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an Ares Aegis enhanced belt.  Wear the belt with buckle to the side of your AIWB holster...easy to adjust belt on the move if need be while keeping everything concealed.  Best belt I have and I even wear it when not carrying.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get an Ares Aegis enhanced belt.  Wear the belt with buckle to the side of your AIWB holster...easy to adjust belt on the move if need be while keeping everything concealed.  Best belt I have and I even wear it when not carrying.
View Quote
This I have a standard and enhanced best belt hands down.  I have owned lots of belts and this one by far is worth the cash.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Of my non-leather belts, I have the Original SOE Rigid Cobra Duty belt and EDC Low Profile Belt (say what you will about their business practices but they make solid gear), Ares Gear Aegis (both the standard and enhanced), and I just ordered the Alonso Defense Emissary Gun Belt (collab with Z-List YouTube star GarandThumb). Of those, I think the standard Aegis belt or the Alonso Defense belt would fit your needs best. Obviously just speculating on the Alonso Defense belt, but I'd bet good money it's a solid belt.
View Quote
I have an SOE Rigid Cobra Duty belt also, I've made a few orders with SOE and never had a problem sent emails about my orders and got a response from John quickly every time. I wouldn't hesitate to order from SOE again
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:57:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have an SOE Rigid Cobra Duty belt also, I've made a few orders with SOE and never had a problem sent emails about my orders and got a response from John quickly every time. I wouldn't hesitate to order from SOE again
View Quote
I've been wearing an SOE belt for close to 5 years now. Both for EDC use and under a duty belt. It just started fraying on the edge, this is after threading the buckle on and off a 1000 times.

I would of ordered another one but I like trying new things. I've been using a Boxer Tactical Zenith belt. Not a lot of bulk but it's stiff enough to hold a gun up AIWB.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't recommend the Wilderness Tactical Frequent flyer belt enough. I have used one daily for two years and there are no signs of wear on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
After reading this thread I decided to take a chance with a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer to maybe replace my Instructor..  Love it! I don't miss the weight of that Instructor belt at all! I also decided to order it a size smaller than what Wilderness suggests  (my Instructor is a pain because of it's length)  Just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top