Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2017 1:45:33 PM EDT
Just got mine and figured they would use cardboard or something in the fabric behind the trigger but it peels back pretty easy.  I'll take a photo when I get home.  Anyone else experienced this with their holsters?  

It's really well made just not sure how comfortable I feel with that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious to see a photo of what you're referring to. I've had a Stealth Gear Ventcore Mini for about four months that has worked very well so far. My only complaint is that the retention could be better - it's very comfortable, but it's just a little too easy to draw, so I'm concerned that it could pop loose if I was to jump or fall. I've literally been on a trampoline with a Glock 19 in a leather Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, and the pistol didn't budge at all. I'm not confident that I could do that with the Stealth Gear holster.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious to see a photo of what you're referring to. I've had a Stealth Gear Ventcore Mini for about four months that has worked very well so far. My only complaint is that the retention could be better - it's very comfortable, but it's just a little too easy to draw, so I'm concerned that it could pop loose if I was to jump or fall. I've literally been on a trampoline with a Glock 19 in a leather Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, and the pistol didn't budge at all. I'm not confident that I could do that with the Stealth Gear holster.
View Quote
Hybrid and leather holsters are not know for really good retention. The pressure from your body and belt is your retention.  Sounds like it is a belt issue not a holster.  What belt do you use?  If you want better retention move to a kydex holster.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hybrid and leather holsters are not know for really good retention. The pressure from your body and belt is your retention.  Sounds like it is a belt issue not a holster.  What belt do you use?  If you want better retention move to a kydex holster.
View Quote
This. I've got a a Stealthgear Onxy and Ventcore for Glock 19. Both have been excellent, including retention, when paired with either my ares or hanks belts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Have four of the onyx, all carry Glocks.  Material is plenty thick, try to pull the trigger, you can't.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, have 4 different stealth gear holsters, a mix of vent core and revo and I have been nothing but impressed with all of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't say I see what you're talking about, mine look as sturdy and safe as anything else I've used. Stealthgear Onyx or whatever they call it now are by far my favorite IWB holster.

I prefer sticky holsters for quick trips with micro pistols, and a nice OWB for anything full-sized or larger. For anything in between those extremes, I see no reason to look at anything other than SG.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 5 or 6 of their holsters and haven't had any problems.
The only complaint I have with one of them is a flex holster for a 1911 and there is very little retention on the gun if the holster is not on your hip
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Carried a 23 in a super tuck for 5 years before I switched over to a 19 in a ventcore Mini. I don't feel any less secure with the ventcore than I did with the superturck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top