Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2017 9:49:13 PM EDT
I have a CCC Shaggy for my p-01 but I don't want to wait 11 weeks for another one. I'm looking for a really comfy, preferably hybrid and ready to ship holster.

I like the new Crossbreed appendix line but they do not make a G19 size....
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Raven Concealment Eidolon. I have had it about 4 months and it's great, I would recommend it to anyone. In looking for the Eidolon I also looked at JMCustom Kydex AIWB 2.0, Bravo Concealment Torsion Holster, and the Raven Vanguard just to name a few. The Eidolon is super adjustable and comfortable for me with the claw and wedge attatched.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Raven Concealment Eidolon. I have had it about 4 months and it's great, I would recommend it to anyone. In looking for the Eidolon I also looked at JMCustom Kydex AIWB 2.0, Bravo Concealment Torsion Holster, and the Raven Vanguard just to name a few. The Eidolon is super adjustable and comfortable for me with the claw and wedge attatched.
View Quote
Not to take away from the OPs thread but I have been looking at this holster.  What exactly does the claw do?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just looked at this holster, looks nice.

Are they in stock or custom ordered?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
OP - Look at Knightfall Customs.  He'll make you whatever you want and ships within a matter of days.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not to take away from the OPs thread but I have been looking at this holster.  What exactly does the claw do?
View Quote
It helps to push the grip in and reduces printing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP - Look at Knightfall Customs.  He'll make you whatever you want and ships within a matter of days.
View Quote
^^^This guy knows!^^^
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a Bravo Concealment DOS-L similar to the torsion DOS.  The holster itself is great but my only complaint is the clips are a little flimsy I would like a little more rigid clip.  

I carry my G19 in an G-Code INCOG Shadow for XC1 light.  Great holster and the fuzz they put on the outside makes a huge difference with skin contact.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used an Alabama holster company "hooker" holster for years. It's kydex and thin, no wear on your gun, sweat proof etc. I switched a couple months ago to a JM4 tactical roughneck. JM4 holster  It is leather with magnets to retain the gun and easily fasten to whatever you are wearing. I'm loving it so far. Easy on/off and the magnet hangs on the bathroom stall wall if it's metal.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I use my 19 with a C-tac.  I use the P320, 1911, and a snubbie with either Galco or Crossbreed, which are extremely similar designs. 

The 26 and 17 both fit in the same C-tac. 

Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Eidolon is the best i've tried, And i've tried several.  (incog, DOS, Keroman, Vanguard, etc.) for AIWB.

I can find nothing that is as comfortable and conceals as well as the eidolon.  

Now if only they made a light-bearing Eidolon I'd be in business.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought a quick ship TRex Raptor. Fits all size small frame Glocks, even with mos. Comfortable, but I did add a peice of foam as a wedge and ended up putting the tuckable clip on as it allows the holster to ride lower in the pants. The top of the slide stuck out a good bit and printed, but I reversed the direction of the raptor claw and it rides and hides very well now. I'm happy with the setup now!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:54:41 AM EDT
[#13]
JM Kydex AIWB (the basic one, no wings or anything)is the best holster I've used for appendix. Super comfortable more importantly holds the pistol securely in the neutral position and at the correct depth to get a solid grip. Also they really bevel the edges so it rides smooth in the pants. Drawing is smooth as silk and quick. The only thing I'd change is I'd ditch the soft loops for a clip
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Big fan of jm custom with the wing. I also find I prefer the soft loops to the clips
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
This^^^^^  I have a few holster and the Eidolon is by far my go to now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#16]
If you have a Glock, you need an Eidolon.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I use my 19 with a C-tac.  I use the P320, 1911, and a snubbie with either Galco or Crossbreed, which are extremely similar designs. 

The 26 and 17 both fit in the same C-tac. 

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/ctac-274208.jpg
View Quote
Same holster I've been using for the past 6 years and absolutely love it. I much prefer a dual wing design as it distributes the weight of the gun for added comfort. I actually carry a G19 with an X300 at 9:00 (lefty).
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#18]
phlster classic, keepers, eidolon.

Hybrids suck. They're flimsy, weak, and generally have shit trigger coverage and retention. They're a the worst of both worlds
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Raven Morrigan
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#20]
HBC Concealment Discreet or the Plus One if you want the mag caddy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Eidolon is the best i've tried, And i've tried several.  (incog, DOS, Keroman, Vanguard, etc.) for AIWB.

I can find nothing that is as comfortable and conceals as well as the eidolon.

Now if only they made a light-bearing Eidolon I'd be in business.
View Quote
I agree the Eidolon is awesome. It is the only thing I carry in if not carrying with a light. With a light bearing Eidolon, I think it carry much the same as many others.

I use the CNC Keroman, NicKydex Roland, and Bawidamann Gotham for light carry. All do as good as possible considering what they have to do.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Big fan of the Blackpoint Tactical miniwing, but also for AIWB I think a Raven Vanguard would be hard to beat
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#23]
check out Tier 1 Concealed.  Great products!
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#25]
JM Custom Kydex w/wing 2.0 is what you seek. I ordered one for my M&P C 2.0 and my G19 and CZ P10c all fit in the same holster, 3 in 1 boom!
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Mastermind Tactics Radian

I recently bought a Radian and it’s the most concealable AIWB holster I’ve worn and a great price at $50.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/radian-holster
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
JM Kydex AIWB (the basic one, no wings or anything)is the best holster I've used for appendix. Super comfortable more importantly holds the pistol securely in the neutral position and at the correct depth to get a solid grip. Also they really bevel the edges so it rides smooth in the pants. Drawing is smooth as silk and quick. The only thing I'd change is I'd ditch the soft loops for a clip
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have one of them for my G43 in the long version and the extra tuck. I've been trying it out with the clip as I intend for it to be a quick on/off rig but have the pull-the-dots too. I have a G19 sized Shaggy that I prefer with the pull-the-dots.

Quoted:
Big fan of jm custom with the wing. I also find I prefer the soft loops to the clips
I just ordered one of them from the quick ship menu with the wedge and the pad during their sale. Looking forward to trying it out.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mastermind Tactics Radian

I recently bought a Radian and it’s the most concealable AIWB holster I’ve worn and a great price at $50.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/radian-holster
View Quote
Biggest issue I have with AIWB the 19 is the grip printing. This radian looks like a great option because of the claw & wedge to help reduce that...
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Mastermind or JM Custom.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Tier 1 "Axis".
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I've tried the HSP incog, the bravo DOS torsion, and the Raven Eidolon. I have finally settled on the T Rex sidecar and I'll really happy with it
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Last line of defense makes awesome AIWB holsters.  I have run one for my G42 for most of the last year and love it.  Just ordered one for my G19 w/APL-C and it arrived at my ups mailbox a few days ago.

Unfortunately I'm out of town for spring break but I'm gonna do a review of it once I get back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've tried the HSP incog, the bravo DOS torsion, and the Raven Eidolon. I have finally settled on the T Rex sidecar and I'll really happy with it
View Quote
How do you lower your pants/unbuckle your belt to shit/piss with the T-rex Sidecar?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How do you lower your pants/unbuckle your belt to shit/piss with the T-rex Sidecar?
View Quote
With most appendix holsters, you use a stall and take the holster off. That's why most are secured with quick clips.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I use a KSG Armory Sidekick AIWB holster. It's very comfortable, 100% trigger coverage and has great retention.
What more can you ask for?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

With most appendix holsters, you use a stall and take the holster off. That's why most are secured with quick clips.
View Quote
No, just keep it on there and retain control.  That Sidecar monstrosity looks huge and unwieldy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I just got a Tier 1 concealed after using an alien gear for a few years. Holy cow, what a difference. The tier 1 is more compact, allows for a weapon light and mag, prints less, and is more comfortable.

So far I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, just keep it on there and retain control.  That Sidecar monstrosity looks huge and unwieldy.
View Quote
He was asking about sidecar style (single unit gun and spare mag carrier). For a gun only unit, that may work, but does not work well with a combo unit like the sidecar.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Raven Vanguard
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I've received my JM with the claw and been wearing it around a bit and I like it. It's my second G19 sized holster that I wear my G26 in primarily. The other is an older CCC Shaggy.

The claw on the JM definitely works. I ordered mine with both the neoprene pad and wedge to try. I'm still not sure I need either. I haven't done enough experimenting to decide either way. But it does wear just fine for me without either. I'm a smaller guy though at about 5'8" and around 155lbs.

It and the Shaggy are two entirely different rigs and I'm glad I have both. They're both set-up with the pull-the-dots. I've been wearing the Shaggy for quite a while now and can make it work as a quick on/off rig or all day with all different clothing styles. The JM seems it's going to be an all day long rig and won't be as convenient for easy on/off. That's ok. Dedicated rigs works.

The JM Appendix rig Long for the G43 with the "extra-tuck" continues to be a great little package for me. I still haven't completed range trials with it so haven't worn it in the wild but know it's going to work out exactly as I intend.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#41]
G-Code INCOG
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He was asking about sidecar style (single unit gun and spare mag carrier). For a gun only unit, that may work, but does not work well with a combo unit like the sidecar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and I are saying pretty much the same thing.  The Sidecar is a bad joke compared to other designs.  It does nothing better than more practical designs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Raven Morrigan
View Quote
This. I bought both the morrigan and the eidolon a few days ago and I like the morrigan better. That being said, I haven’t really played with the eidolon much. Also, I found that I definitely need to lose some weight to really enjoy aiwb carry.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#44]
The eidolon can do many things, but being as comfortable as a purpose built AIWB is not one of them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's really not any more unwieldy than the other holsters I listed. It's a little wider - obviously - but I actually like the balance the mag holder gives it.

ETA: To answer your original question, when I use the sidecar I shift my buckle off to the side because I have a fairly bulky crossbreed belt. The buckle doesn't interfere with the holster that way
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top