Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2017 6:30:48 PM EDT
I may be looking for a smaller gun for certain circumstances. I have a working cw9 but may look into a g42.

How do you carry?

Pocket carry is out for me. My legs are big enough that guns are hard to get a good grip while in a pocket holster.

I'm thinking about either a tuckable aiwb, belly band, or a ankle holster.

I normally carry full sized guns aiwb but understand the limitations for certain cloths.

I'm thinking tucked in polo shirt. Black might be my default color but it may be a lighter color and somewhat fitted

When I carry my cw9 in gym shorts i use a desantis(I think) nylon holster with a spare mag pouch incorporated into it with elastic. It works ok for sloppy shorts/t shirts.

If I could find something similar that is tuckable with a wing designed in I'd give that a shot, especially if it has a mag pouch and kydex.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
in before the memes and inappropriate suggestions of "deeper" concealment
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
why not belly band with small frame at appendix
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger LCP II or S&W 642 in cargo shorts.

S&W SHIELD fits in some of my cargo shorts, or I IWB it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I've really taken a liking to Blackpoint Tactical's mini-wing, iwb, tucked, at about 4:00-5:00. I usually carry a G19, or a slightly slimmer XDS45 with the 6rnd magazine. I don't own a G42 yet, so I can't say if it is gtg in a mini-wing. If I feel the need to go smaller than the XDS, then it is a proven P3AT in a pocket holster, and appropriate pants.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Dark Star Gear

I just ordered one of these after getting a similar one for a 642. The J frame conceals well and my belt covers most of the clip. The bottom of the clip is visible below the belt though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Talon leather IWB for my BG380. This holster seats the gun deeper than others I've tried, has good retention and it's extremely comfortable for all-day carry. I'm planning to get another of theirs for my Shield in the next month or so.

Talon Tuckable for Shield

ETA: Link
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why not belly band with small frame at appendix
View Quote
That's an option.

Lots of good holsters have been posted

I can't get a good grip while pocket carrying so thats out.

Thanks, all.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Appendix Wedge by Aholster

I have three of these and have been very pleased
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Glock 43 w/ TLR-6 in a G-code INCOG Shadow carry appendix.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I've tucked my G19 in a RCS Eidolon multiple times wearing slacks and a dress shirt.

A good question to ask yourself is why do you need to deep carry? I don't tuck the holster unless I have to.

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've tucked my G19 in a RCS Eidolon multiple times wearing slacks and a dress shirt.

A good question to ask yourself is why do you need to deep carry? I don't tuck the holster unless I have to.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3864/33188028562_1fa9b0580d_c.jpg
View Quote
Work related.

I typically carry a 1911 aiwb and only need a t shirt to conceal.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Ended up ordering this

Lenwood

I had him drill the holes to accommodate the Raven wing as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been carrying a G43 in a Rosen Workman all summer wearing dress casual clothes for work (dress pants/polo shirt).  Nobody knows I'm carrying it.  I work in a court house and even the deputies were surprised when I checked my gun the first several times using the set-up.  I've carried it with the factory mag and with a +2/3 extension (can't remember who makes that, TBH)  and you'd never know it was there.  Been very happy with the set-up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Local company that I like. Have used one for my M&P 9 Pro for 2 years.

Kinetic Concealment

iPad hot link sorry.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a G43 in a Rosen Workman all summer wearing dress casual clothes for work (dress pants/polo shirt).  Nobody knows I'm carrying it.  I work in a court house and even the deputies were surprised when I checked my gun the first several times using the set-up.  I've carried it with the factory mag and with a +2/3 extension (can't remember who makes that, TBH)  and you'd never know it was there.  Been very happy with the set-up.
View Quote
Those look really nice. I see there's a few different belt attachments. Which do you prefer .

I think the snap on one might be noticable whereas the leather slide/loop might be perfect if the belt matches.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered a couple comptac c clip belt loops to see how much better they work. I really like the lenwood holster. So far.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#17]
My 26 seems to disappear in a belly band. I really only wear it while running but it's comfortable and conceals well. The draw isn't the same as from a conventional holster, and takes some practice. Wear it high, wear it low, find the sweet spot. I've seen a few with loops for spare mags, flashlight, etc.

My other recommendation would be a concealment shirt. Again, draw wouldn't be as quick as a normal holster but they conceal very well from what I've seen .
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Those look really nice. I see there's a few different belt attachments. Which do you prefer .

I think the snap on one might be noticable whereas the leather slide/loop might be perfect if the belt matches.
View Quote
03RN,

I have a button snap attachment and nobody notices.  I think most people just aren't that observant.  You can clip keys to it and it just looks like a part of a key ring.  Also, since the shirt tucks in really naturally, there is nothing else to draw one's eye to your belt area.  I've been watching my stance and gait when I'm out and about in store windows and I have not noticed the gun printing or poking at the shirt in any noticeable way.  I could see if you wear a black holster with a brown belt (or vice verse) that it might be more noticeable, but otherwise, it blends in well with the belt.  I'll take some pics of it on me and upload them.

-A
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

03RN,

I have a button snap attachment and nobody notices.  I think most people just aren't that observant.  You can clip keys to it and it just looks like a part of a key ring.  Also, since the shirt tucks in really naturally, there is nothing else to draw one's eye to your belt area.  I've been watching my stance and gait when I'm out and about in store windows and I have not noticed the gun printing or poking at the shirt in any noticeable way.  I could see if you wear a black holster with a brown belt (or vice verse) that it might be more noticeable, but otherwise, it blends in well with the belt.  I'll take some pics of it on me and upload them.

-A
View Quote
Thanks, that key ring idea is a good one. I've tried it before but my key ring will need to be changed around if I'm going to use it day to day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I went through this dilemma a couple of years ago.  I settled on a Beretta Pico and a couple of different holster options.  One was pocket carry which you're ruled out, but with something like the Pico and a Superfly might be possible for you.  The next was a small, over the shoulder bag with a zippered compartment and the third was a SmartCarry holster that I already had.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#21]
G43 in a stealth gear revolution Mini. Pistol disappears under a thin shirt, and the holster is tuckable.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
You could try a remora Sticky holster, I use one for my cw9 and beretta 92 compact
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top