Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2017 11:25:32 AM EDT
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/national-reciprocity-nations-17-million-concealed-handgun-permit-holders

Hopefully a step toward getting national reciprocity passed.  Please sign the petition and pass the word.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/national-reciprocity-nations-17-million-concealed-handgun-permit-holders

Hopefully a step toward getting national reciprocity passed.  Please sign the petition and pass the word.  
View Quote

white house petitions are bullshit and mean nothing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]
They won't even repeal Obamacare but you think they'll grant 2nd Amendment freedoms back to the people???  I have a bridge that I could sell you...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They won't even repeal Obamacare but you think they'll grant 2nd Amendment freedoms back to the people???  I have a bridge that I could sell you...
View Quote
+ a number so large it would not fit on this page
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
So don't sign it then.

Saw the same post on Virginia Gun Trader.  Signed it from there.  I'll agree that they don't carry any weight, but Trump's press people watch those (and other media outlets) and pick things to stab Congress in the eye with.  Might as well be this petition...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeeze, OP...lurk much?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
My opinion: National reciprocity is useless.

Think about it- do you think NY, NJ and CA are going to let you carry in their state?

Whatever the law, here's how it will go down: when you show them your CCW, you will be ordered out of the car, proned out, handcuffed. All for "officer safety". They will send your gun to the lab to make sure it's not stolen, and is NY, NJ, CA "compliant". Check back in a few months.

If you ever actually SHOOT someone in those states, god help you. It will be their mission to lock you up forever, regardless of the circumstances.

These places won't let long-standing immigration law be enforced in their borders. They will not stand for out-of-staters carrying guns.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Not going to happen
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It would be GREAT time to actually DO something positive in D.C. (since we have the President, The Senate, The House & The Supreme Court)

The Dems couldn't kill it due to the R #'s, but just make sure McCain is in AZ getting his brain treated when / if the vote comes up...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
10 years to hit the submit button?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
This one was started by VCDL, and is appropriate in that it is asking Trump to put pressure on Congress to pass a bill that has already been introduced, as opposed to the many that ask him to wave a magic wand and poof force a law.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#13]
This petition is to keep the idea on National Reciprocity on the front burner, to remind the President that gun owners want some big changes.  He can make it a priority to get done if he wishes.  President Trump, himself, brought up this very issue many times during the election.

I am surprised by all the defeatism I see in some of the posts.  You will certainly not get anything if you don't at least try.  

Gun rights have been moving forward for quite a while now, why so down in the dumps, guys?  Is it that painful to spend a whole minute or two to help get Trump's attention on a major issue?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My opinion: National reciprocity is useless.

Think about it- do you think NY, NJ and CA are going to let you carry in their state?

Whatever the law, here's how it will go down: when you show them your CCW, you will be ordered out of the car, proned out, handcuffed. All for "officer safety". They will send your gun to the lab to make sure it's not stolen, and is NY, NJ, CA "compliant". Check back in a few months.

If you ever actually SHOOT someone in those states, god help you. It will be their mission to lock you up forever, regardless of the circumstances.

These places won't let long-standing immigration law be enforced in their borders. They will not stand for out-of-staters carrying guns.
View Quote
They give LEOs problems in NJ and NY. I've literally had to google the law, show it to an NYPD detective sergeant and have him call into his captain for him to believe that my LEOSA cred (air force type) was valid. Fuck those states. They'll never be accepting of peoples' desire to legally protect themselves.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#15]
How many proclaimed that Washington DC would never allow handguns?

But when reciprocity is passed it will be many years before the States like these will be forced by the Supreme Court to comply
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#16]
What happens after all of the states give up their laws and regs to meet the compromised national reciprocity law and then it gets repealed the next time the dems have control of lawmaking?  

IF is passes, do you really think it will be without restrictions on caliber or magazine capacity?  Do you think there will not be a national database of gun owners and possibly registration of those weapons?  It won't be Constitutional Carry.

National Reciprocity will not be what you think it should be.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]
As long as States retain the power to issue licenses and it's not a federal-issued license (feds only make it mandatory to accept state issued licenses) then it will be okay.  If this morphs to where the feds control issuing of ccw licensing then the feds could, down the road, QUICKLY take away our carry rights (thus implementing gun control).
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I agree that nation wide reciprocity is a pipe dream.  AFAIC, I would much rather see changes to the laws regarding carrying in the National Park system infrastructure (and Post Offices, etc.).

Here in Philly, I nearly got wrong footed on a visit the American Philosophical Society’s Museum in Old City.  I didn’t realize that that building is part of the Independence Hall National Park.  There was a Nat’l Park security person requiring that everyone visiting the museum empty their pockets and allow a body frisk.  The IHNP is non-contiguous; meaning that there are buildings not physically connected to the main part of the park that are none-the-less part of the park.  With NO signage; it’s very easy to make an innocent mistake that could land one in a ton of trouble.

I would like to see ccw allowed in most Federal controlled buildings (all really).
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Change your fucking title to "pointless fucking petition regarding guns"
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As long as States retain the power to issue licenses and it's not a federal-issued license (feds only make it mandatory to accept state issued licenses) then it will be okay.  If this morphs to where the feds control issuing of ccw licensing then the feds could, down the road, QUICKLY take away our carry rights (thus implementing gun control).
View Quote
That's the problem.  Once the feds get their nose in it, who knows where it ends up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not going to happen
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top