Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2017 4:12:36 PM EDT
My employer is a secure facility and there is zero carrying inside. With that said we can keep CCW locked in vehicle. There are other times as well where it would be easy to quickly remove or throw the holster back on when appropriate. I daily carry either a G26 or G19. I usually have them IWB at 4 o'clock in an Alien Gear holster or MTAC. I have also started contemplating Apendix carry.

With that said I think my best choice would be some sort of paddle holster OWB. Lend me your suggestions if you will.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you like Alien Gear, look at their OWB.  

I use a fanny pack for such occasions/scenarios you describe.  I am old enough to give no fucks about it.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Uncle Mikes kydex paddle holster
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
High Noon Bare Asset.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
N82 professional, the added retention makes it good for frequent removal too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Safariland SLS with the paddle attachment works for me. It carts my work blaster(g19 with a TLR) to and from work. I really only carry the 19 with the light in the winter in another OWB holster.

The rest of the time I'm carrying my a G26 in a PHLster skelton or a belly band.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Alessi CQC/S

DSC_0029 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My G-Code INCOG goes on and off fast and easy.  My Comp-tac holsters are super easy as well to get off and on.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my 5.11 Thumb Drive with the paddle attachment. It's way more comfortable than my Safariland paddles so I have switched to the 5.11 for plain clothes work.

I'm not really a fan of 5.11 stuff but that holster is excellent (it's actually manufactured by bladetech)

You really can't go wrong with Bladetech (5.11), comptac, safariland, etc. Safarilands paddles are just super uncomfortable in my opinion but I use a safariland on duty (unless working plain clothes)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
OWB Kydex pancake with speedclips.  Perfection
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My employer is a secure facility and there is zero carrying inside. With that said we can keep CCW locked in vehicle. There are other times as well where it would be easy to quickly remove or throw the holster back on when appropriate. I daily carry either a G26 or G19. I usually have them IWB at 4 o'clock in an Alien Gear holster or MTAC. I have also started contemplating Apendix carry.

With that said I think my best choice would be some sort of paddle holster OWB. Lend me your suggestions if you will.
View Quote

Black Arch Protos M iwb.

I've switched all my carry guns to this.  Can't be beat in my experience with respect to comfort, easy on/off, secures the gun very well and secure to my belt (Aeres Aegis).  I have a whole box of holsters that are going to be sold here shortly including Alien Gear, MTAC, gazzillion kydex etc.

You're welcome!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Jmcustom
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Comptac Infidel (IWB) works well for you scenario.  Single wide clip makes it extremely easy to install/remove without drawing any attention, if that is needed.  Using a G-code Eclipse for AIWB, and it is similar to the Infidel for ease of add/removing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I too have to frequently remove my firearm. I carry a Glock 19 in a Raven Concealment Eidolon Holster. It's my favorite holster so far. Fairly easy to remove and put back in as well as being comfortable and concealable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Desantis Inside Heat for my P938, it can be used for appendix carry.

Real easy on and off, and they have ones for both your G19 and G26.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Comptac Infidel (IWB) works well for you scenario.  Single wide clip makes it extremely easy to install/remove without drawing any attention, if that is needed.  Using a G-code Eclipse for AIWB, and it is similar to the Infidel for ease of add/removing.
View Quote
+ on the Infidel Max. The single clip is designed so you can place it right on a pants belt loop if needed.

My son uses the Ultra version with the backing.

Both of us are pleased with the comfort of each of them.

His for G22, mine for G19.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#17]
FIST, the Dave Spaulding holster. It's a kydex version of the Alessi CQC/S. Favorite OWB for years now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Dsg iwb kydex with the clip.

Easy on.  Easy off.  Very very positive clip engagement.  Let's you get away from paddle holsters which imho, don't conceal for shit.

Leather sucks so bad compared to kydex.......unless it's a show holster.....kydex is better in every way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#19]
My Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe is a very secure holster, so when I go to remove it, the metal clips which make it so secure also allow for very easy removal. Much, much easier than my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#20]
For this situation when you get back to your car, just put the pistol back into the empty holster you have worn all day
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You will want a good belt but this:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OF9LEHK?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a basic kydex holster from concealment express that i use for my PM9 that i really like. Single clip that is super easy for on/off.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Raven Concealment Systems VanGuard 2 Holster

(not my pic)
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dsg iwb kydex with the clip.

Easy on.  Easy off.  Very very positive clip engagement.  Let's you get away from paddle holsters which imho, don't conceal for shit.

Leather sucks so bad compared to kydex.......unless it's a show holster.....kydex is better in every way.
View Quote
Came here to post this. Very inexpensive, but durable, comfortable and secure.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a single clip hybrid from an ebay seller a couple of years ago and at first I didn't think I was going to like it compared to a double clip hybrid, but the more I used it the more I liked it. It's easy on, easy off and comfortable with the leather back and it's held up well.

It's this one here, but mine was for a Beretta PX4.

Single clip hybrid
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Remora sticky no clip
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#27]
someone here said Knightcustom in another thread so I ordered one. A very nice holster for quick removal and puting back on sitting down.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Clipdraw can be a good option when you're taking a gun on and off.
I'll only use it with a DA/SA handgun. Since I'm left handed I can't use it with my J frame.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#29]
G-Code INCOG.

If you get one cut for your G26 your G19 will fit the same holster, since the bottom is open.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I too have to remove and reinstall the holster often ok the car. I have always come back to the Comp-Tac Infidel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OWB Kydex pancake with speedclips.  Perfection
View Quote
At a recent gunshow, I had a kydex holster made for my P-01 and asked for the speed clips instead of my usual loops.  As quoted above, perfection.  It's a matter of a couple seconds to put it on and maybe 5 seconds to get it off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#32]
P J Holsters are great for that
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#33]
any aiwb with a single clip (like an incog) is very easy to put on and take off.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#34]
My preference is either two close-together loops, or one wide loop, for holster retention.  This makes undoing the belt and sliding off or on (and placing/centering the holster) much easier.

Why anyone gets fooled into buying the monstrosities that are wide-apart loops - loops on either end of the holster - is beyond me.  Tough to take on/off, a pain to center, and even more of a pain if you like to switch side-carry to almost-appendix (depending on belt loop positions) and back again throughout the day.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Another vote for this one. I love it. Also, Raw Dog tactical has a nice hybrid holster with a single clip that is good. Also a great price, around 45 bucks I think. I have carried a XD9 in both of these holsters and like them both a lot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
any aiwb with a single clip (like an incog) is very easy to put on and take off.
View Quote
I have a Dara AIWB with a clip, for my shield. Slides over my belt nice. Stays in the console when I'm on the jobsite, slips over my belt when I get in the truck.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Personally i take my gun out of my holster and put it into another holster in th car.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For this situation when you get back to your car, just put the pistol back into the empty holster you have worn all day
View Quote
This is my answer too.  IF you absolutely have to remove your holster a Sparks or similar version of a Summer Special with snap loops are very easy off but not as easy one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#39]
something kydex with clips. Supertuck
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Vedder light tuck.  I use it everyday when i go into my daughters school to pick her up. It’s a shame that’s the one place i feel the most vulnerable:/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top