Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 12:18:12 PM EDT
I just picked up a Sig P938 for my EDC out of impulse when I was at the range yesterday. So far I am impressed with it and I have been looking into a pocket pistol for a little bit now. I have a Sig P226 MK25 that I bring with my in my car and to the range. But the size has prevented me from carrying it on my person, especially in the summer months.

The P938 is great but I see it imprinting pretty hard when it is in my actual pocket and I feel its size would be misused if I buy a IWB holster for it.

What options do I have for carrying this thing that safer and more discrete than just popping it in my pocket?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
http://whitetigerleatherworks.com/ready-to-ship/sig-p938/

Got a holster from here for my father. He loved it.
It's OWB. Pistol is tiny. He mostly wears button downs and polos hides it easily.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I've carried one daily for three years. I originally bought it with the intention of only pocket carrying when I couldn't discreetly carry a full size pistol (at work etc.) but holy cow is it comfy in a leather hybrid holster IWB. Now more often then not I end up carrying my 938 over full size guns strictly because it's more comfortable and less cumbersome

I use a black point tactical mini wing
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry mine in a simple owb leather pancake. Conceals great with just a tshirt which is what I prefer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an r grizzle pocket holster for shorts and tshirt days with my 938. Quality is really high, and with some practice, the presentation is fast. He offers an expedited service for a few bucks, and I had it in under 2 weeks. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.

I think that I am going to go with a pocket holster after doing some more research.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.

I think that I am going to go with a pocket holster after doing some more research.
View Quote
You won't be disappointed. I throw in a chapstick which with the holster also helps breakup the outline. As a rule of thumb, one does not carry anything else in the pistol pocket... However the chapsitck Stays at the bottom and has never moved! Care should be taken not to wipe you lips with your carry gun

Holsters I use (938, P250 & NAA 32) are all the DeSantis Pocket Tuk. These also double as an IWB holster when you put the belt clip back on. They also have others available - De Santis

nater's Pocket Grizzly looks pretty nice too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not trying to lecture here, but...

One should NEVER carry a pistol in one's pocket without a proper holster.  This pistol should be carried in Condition 1.  What if the safety somehow got wiped?

Here's mine.  I find that I can carry it in just about anything without drawing attention.  Sorry about the pic - the ARF server flipped it.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a pocket holster from vedder holsters and it's awesome!
Sorry I don't have a pic.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
That one is small enough to get away with a pocket holster. Of course I find IWB to be more comfortable. I'd probably get a belt holster for it personally. But either way works. Or get both holster styles ;) 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#10]
On a gun of similiar size to the 938 I put a spare Comp Tac clip on the wing part of the pocket holster. It breaks up the outline and when I want it in my waistband (almost all the time) it works fine. I use it as my I'm-too-lazy-to-put-on-a-hybrid-holster holster. 

I generally dont like pocket carry. I keep a large folder and two extended capacity mags in my left  pocket. If I put a gun in my right front pocket my left pocket gets really full if I add my keys and tac light which are in my right pocket normally. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered a R Grizzle pocket holster.

How long does his turn around time take?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a few iwb but also got this owb that works really good

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#13]
My buddy's wife carries her's appendix and honestly I never knew she was carrying until she showed me.

As someone who carries appendix myself, I had a "holy crap" moment as I'm always looking to see who's carrying out there and although most people don't walk around staring at other people's crotches, because I carry that same style I find myself doing it a lot.

Point is, that little thing conceals great appendix
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just picked up a Sig P938 for my EDC out of impulse when I was at the range yesterday. So far I am impressed with it and I have been looking into a pocket pistol for a little bit now. I have a Sig P226 MK25 that I bring with my in my car and to the range. But the size has prevented me from carrying it on my person, especially in the summer months.

The P938 is great but I see it imprinting pretty hard when it is in my actual pocket and I feel its size would be misused if I buy a IWB holster for it.

What options do I have for carrying this thing that safer and more discrete than just popping it in my pocket?

Thanks!
View Quote
the p938 can be pressed into service in a pocket, but it is really more of a summer tshirt/jeans iwb gun.

lots of good holsters out there, but if you originally wanted pocket carry, you probably want low hassle.

Mine chills in a Remora 24/7. coupled with a good belt and it stays put and is an easy slip on slip off iwb. ive tossed it down the front under an undershirt to walk out to the parking lot. tossed it into pajama pants pockets for wandering around the house (this will be happening more and more... baby girl just went mobile and growing fast). and tossed it strong side traditional iwb in everything from a work setting to casual bicycling. all done in the following set up with very little issue:

buy all the gear you think you need. However i have come to learn, like so many things, less is more; and low hassle carry equals high percentage carry.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the OTW holster that came with mine for when I'm wearing a jacket or

a second cover shirt. I have a pocket holster I use with cargo shorts  or large

pocket pants. And I have a Desantis Inside Heat for IWB carry. The last one

can be used for appendix carry if your skinny or at 3 o'clock/4:30 and still

hides very well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Love mine in a Milt Sparks VM2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top