Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2017 9:03:31 AM EDT
How often do you think a "pop quiz pocket dump" would have the contents of the pocket match the picture posted of someones "EDC"?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
At work right now. Same edc set up as always. Pistol , spare mag, flashlight, knife, wallet, phone, pen, and lighter. Keys and pack of cigarettes on my desk.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
What prompted this poll is there's a guy I know who posts a lot of pictures of his "EDC loadout" on various forums and Facebook.
Lot's of "Sheepdog" talk and he must have a book full of Clint Smith quotes that he cut&paste's into his various posts.
I've seen this guy out and about town in many different situations.
I can confidently say he was unarmed every time I saw him, and there's no way he had even a 1/4 of the shit he claims to "EDC".

What's the deal with posting your Glock 34, 33 round mags, Glock 43 backup, Surefire, two knives, blow out kit, etc. etc. as your "EDC", when you really just occasionally toss a LCP in your pocket?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What prompted this poll is there's a guy I know who posts a lot of pictures of his "EDC loadout" on various forums and Facebook.
Lot's of "Sheepdog" talk and he must have a book full of Clint Smith quotes that he cut&paste's into his various posts.
I've seen this guy out and about town in many different situations.
I can confidently say he was unarmed every time I saw him, and there's no way he had even a 1/4 of the shit he claims to "EDC".

What's the deal with posting your Glock 34, 33 round mags, Glock 43 backup, Surefire, two knives, blow out kit, etc. etc. as your "EDC", when you really just occasionally toss a LCP in your pocket?
View Quote
Because the internet is anonymous, and some just like to fit in with what everyone else is posting.

I don't take pics of my shit, because I don't twitter, and it's just normal shit to carry. Most that changes is what knife or pistol I'm carrying on a given day.

A lot of people take great pride in their social media accounts, so there is that also.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Bro...My EDC is spectacular today, just like everyday:
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
My EDC will vary day to day, and sometimes during the day, but for the most part I have a knife, firearm and reload on me plus the usual wallet, phone keys etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
With a lcp, pocket knife and at least 1spare mag and a aaa micro stream there's no reason for me to not be 24/7. Guys talk shit about the lcp vs anything else, but I can throw mine in my gym shorts and go commando to the store. Can't do that with a 1911 or some glock 19 with a rmr and x300 (ala Cory from rangetime)
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
My edc basically never changes. I appendix carry a G19 and carry a wallet, phone, Spyderco Delica 4, Streamlight 2l, and a leatherman juice every day. Wether I'm wearing a tucked in dress shirt at work or shorts and a t-shirt on a hot summer day my edc stays the same.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#8]
My EDC shit is simple. Very little changes day to day.

G19 or 43
Keys
Phone
Knife
Front pocket wallet
Cigs/lighter

Some guys like to accessorize like women LOL.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Gun(m9a1 compact, g19, or 5" 1911)
Reload
Spyderco
Wallet
Surefire g2
Keys
Bic(I don't smoke)
Phone
Watch

Maybe 10% of the time I forget or misplace my phone or my g2

I probably only remember my watch 10% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Easy. Mine is always the same:

G43
Spare mag
Wallet
Chapstick
Cell phone

That's it. I don't even carry a knife.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
For most its just for likes on the InstaGramz. For me, my EDC is the same 99% of the time. G19 with x300, spare mag, Kershaw folder, wallet, keys, chapstick, Surefire EB2 with thyrm, and an old iPhone.

Only time this changes is when headed to the gym(or run/hike etc), or if dress clothes complicate things, but I don't have to get dressy very often. The other items usually stay, and just swap in smaller shield9 or bodyguard in the front pocket if need be.

ETA: im surprised no one has been the TQ Nazi yet, but I do have a RAT tq on order to try out as part of an EDC. Itll be better than nothing.

Also, my most used EDC item by FAR, the light. I use it almost daily for one thing or another.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Easy. Mine is always the same:

G43
Spare mag
Wallet
Chapstick
Cell phone

That's it. I don't even carry a knife.
View Quote
Chapstick, but no knife!?!?!? Da Fuq
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Chapstick, but no knife!?!?!? Da Fuq
View Quote
I have literally, never in my life needed a knife.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Gun w/ light, wallet, phone, and car keys. 

Dont carry a reload, knife, flashlight, TQ or anything else unless I'm deployed. I've got a jacked up back and I try not to carry anything extra if I don't have to. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The stuff I show in the frequent EDC pocket dump threads is almost always what I am carrying at that time.

Usually a knife, a gun, a spare mag, a small flashlight, pill box, wallet, and keys.

Nothing outlandish..........
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
How do you never need a knife? I carry one as often as possible (flying for work complicates my EDC), but I use my knife all the time.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How do you never need a knife? I carry one as often as possible (flying for work complicates my EDC), but I use my knife all the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, I live a normal life?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Mine never changes. M&P9, RMR and TLR1-HL. One reload. ZT folder. Surefire backup.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I live a normal life and use a knife several times aday and let other people use it at least every week.

I'm not sure I use it more as a nurse or previously as a lobsterman.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Really? I live a normal life and use a knife several times aday and let other people use it at least every week.
View Quote
Been carrying a pocket knife since middle school. Unless my ass is sick in bed, I use it every single day for something. Not needing a knife regularly is completely foreign to me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Am I out of the house or not? If I'm home I don't carry anything around in my pockets except my iPod Touch. If I'm out, yeah, I carry all my "EDC" all the time unless I'm dressing up more than cargo pants will allow, then I pare it back to just wallet + phone + keys + IWB holster with pistol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I always have wallet, keys, phone, knife, gun, light. Either a belt rig or a pocket gun. Mostly a pocket gun if I'm not working. Belt gun for work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Glock 43 w/TLR-6 and two spare mags
Swiss army knife
Inova flashlight
Keys
iPhone 6 plus
Wallet
Badge/ID case
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top