Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 12:31:41 PM EDT
If you have one of those holsters that houses a carry gun AND a mag together, can I see how you carry your holster?

I just got the G43 and think it's small enough to get away with a mag/gun holster combo, but can't picture it.

thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You looked at T Rex and their sidecar?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the hardware, but I can't picture it on my person.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The owner has YouTube videos that he uses it often and shows it installed.  Check it out he has his own channel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The owner has YouTube videos that he uses it often and shows it installed.  Check it out he has his own channel.
View Quote
But he wants pictures of multiple different men from ARFcom.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol.  I'm beating myself up for the request believe me
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
lol you're basically asking for shots of dudes waists/crotches!

but in all seriousness these types of holsters work for some and not for others. You sorta have to try multiples and in very slightly different positions to see if they work for you. 
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If you cruise through the carry rigs photo thread, there are plenty of crotch shots with various AIWB rigs, or better yet search for #concealedcarry on Instagram and it would appear that EVERYONE carries appendix with the Sidecar appearing to be the holster of choice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry a G23 in a DeSantis Pro Stealth with a spare G22 mag. It's comfortable and conceals very well.

I wear a belt, but it's upstairs and I don't wanna wake the wife up to get it
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I would advise against anything in nylon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Why is that? Holds in sweat/moisture or something?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yep, nylon sucks.

Quoted:
Why is that? Holds in sweat/moisture or something?
That's a minor issue aside from it is shit for retaining form. Too pliable, and too easy to cause an ND. There was a case a year or so back where a guy shot himself because his leather holster had gotten so worn and pliable, that it folded into the trigger area, and he shot himself just because the holster had gotten soft. Nylon is good for storing guns, or as range bag holsters, but fuck using one for carry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#12]
So if nylon sucks, and leather sucks, what are you guys using? Kydex?

Not being a smart ass, serious question.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kydex, one of the holsters I use is injection molded plastic.

I will say that I used a  nylon pocket holster on duty for a year or two before I switched to a kydex pocket holster. I'm also pretty sure that my belly band is some sort of nylon and will collapse when I draw my gun, but it's the only way I've found to comfortably  run and be armed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like a terrible design to me, unless I guess if you carry appendix.

I like having my spare mag on the opposite hip from my pistol to balance out some of the weight. I also like it on my left side for faster reloads.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seems like a terrible design to me, unless I guess if you carry appendix.

I like having my spare mag on the opposite hip from my pistol to balance out some of the weight. I also like it on my left side for faster reloads.
View Quote
99.9% chance anyone asking about this sort of setup is looking to carry appendix. 

But I agree the gun and mag on one side is a terrible idea. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:18:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Thread title reminds me of a time last year I was at Kaiser (local hospital) doing my volunteer shift.  Had nothing to do and was looking at holster setups and the local security guard walks up.  Normally I'd Black out the screen to hide gun stuff but I figured any security guard is probably a mall ninja so I wasn't too worried.  

Right as he arrives at my desk and looks down an ad for some appendix carry rig opens up with a pic zoomed in on a guys crotch area.  Nothing showing (or printing which was the point of the ad) but the look he made when he saw a closeup of a dudes pants crotch area lol.  

Didn't even bother explaining what it was I just LOLed and didn't talk to him again after that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Kydex, or a leather/kydex hybrid. Leather isn't that bad, as long as you take care of it. I prefer kydex for AIWB and OWB carry. I do have one all kydex holster I use for IWB carry at the 3:00-4:00 area, but that's for a light bearing gun. I like that kydex is always open, and easier to holster a gun in.

For most IWB carry in the 3-4:00 area I prefer my Crossbreed hybrid holsters. Comfort of leather against the body, security of kydex on the outside, just got to pay attention when holstering, which should always be done anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top