BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good luck with everything, I mean that.  If you have a Glock 9mm, let me know if you want to try a holster.
View Quote
Thanks. I'm working on it, not just for AIWB but it will benefit a lot of other areas in life too.

Now I have a 43, also a 42, 19 is on the list but have a few things before I can do that. What Holster do you have?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I carry iwb at 3 or 4 o'clock.  I am interested in appendix carry.  Is it popular because it's fast or because it conceals better?

I've always carried at 3 or 4. But in the summer it prints a bit with a light shirt.

Thanks
View Quote

It's both faster and easier to conceal.

Stop worrying about printing, it seems to be the item most people new to carrying focus on..... and it's nonsense.... usually brought up by some "expert", who doesn't actually know j@cksh!t about carrying a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Been carrying the Mastermind AIWB and it's great.  Conceals with even tight T-shirt.

I am going to have to paly around with the adjustments, though.  If vertical at the 12 O'clock position, the claw grabs the lower half of my belt (1.5" Wilderness).  If I cant the gun a little towards my strong hand, the claw sits below/ off the belt.  The gun sit's very low, with the entire trigger guard below the pants line.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Been carrying the Mastermind AIWB and it's great.  Conceals with even tight T-shirt.

I am going to have to paly around with the adjustments, though.  If vertical at the 12 O'clock position, the claw grabs the lower half of my belt (1.5" Wilderness).  If I cant the gun a little towards my strong hand, the claw sits below/ off the belt.  The gun sit's very low, with the entire trigger guard below the pants line.
View Quote
It's quite the holster, especially for the price.  You will find that you have to change the holster based on the cut of the pants/shorts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's quite the holster, especially for the price.  You will find that you have to change the holster based on the cut of the pants/shorts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Just got mine in the mail today, and playing around with it wearing shorts and t-shirt, I am quite impressed. It is pretty comfy. I'm rocking a Glock 19. I put abrasive grip tape stuff on it, so that is a little rough on the stomach, but it doesn't print for shit, and is pretty comfy standing up or sitting down. The draw is stupid fast, too, even with no training (gonna fix that). 
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Made my own.
CompTac Spartan Slide kydex on my cut out leather.
Zero cant w/ belt slots.

Loopbelt belt.
Fenix PD20 light
Boker Automat Kalashnikov 74
CCW permit in a runner's pouch designed to be worn on a shoe.
First thing on in the morning, last thing off in bed.

Worn over the underwear and under the pants/shorts/sweats/dirtbike pants.

No loops or clips showing .
Change pants w/o touching the gun/holster/belt.
The rig rides above my 'junk' and it's easily accessible for wizzin'.
Gotta take dump ?  Drop trow and go.  Gun/holster/belt stays put.
Velcro holds it in place as easily and securely as a belly band holster or smartcarry set up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting. Just got mine in the mail today, and playing around with it wearing shorts and t-shirt, I am quite impressed. It is pretty comfy. I'm rocking a Glock 19. I put abrasive grip tape stuff on it, so that is a little rough on the stomach, but it doesn't print for shit, and is pretty comfy standing up or sitting down. The draw is stupid fast, too, even with no training (gonna fix that). 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you need an SCD

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Made my own.
Zero cant w/ belt slots.

Loopbelt belt.
Fenix PD20 light

Velcro holds it in place as easily and securely as a belly band holster or smartcarry set up.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/217473/IMG-0461-269970.JPG
View Quote
Why not just keep your permit in your wallet?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm an AIWB convert.  It takes a little more trial and error on your part, both in holster selection and in positioning things.

Once you get it down, it's awesome.  Fast draw, placement allows better control over your weapon while it's holstered (it's in the place you have the very most physical ability to control....right in front of you), and it's more comfortable IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank you all for the replies.

Do you prefer the solid loops, clips, or soft loops?

It seems like appendix carry is more finicky or a pain in the ass to set up compared to more traditional options..
View Quote
I prefer the really beefy polymer clips over the spring metal clips.  They tear my belts up less, and they hold on better.  This is coming from someone who was belt loop only for the longest time when I was carrying at 4.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I dropped 13 pounds in the last 2 weeks on keto. Another 10 and I'll be back where I was last year.

I wore a blade tech iwb today with my 19.  About 2 inches off center. I have some pain their from an inguinal hernia surgery 20 years ago. The muzzle dug right into it... The 26 was a little better.

It was a little more comfortable if I moved the muzzle to my centerline. But this meant I had to move the buckle to the left.  This holster is not an AIWB so there's that.

I don't think the wilderness tactical belt is the best for this setup.
View Quote
I off-center my belts too.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made my own.
Zero cant w/ belt slots.

Loopbelt belt.
Fenix PD20 light

Because, if my situational awareness fails me, and I need to hand the fuhkhead my wallet - he won't see the CCW permit.

Concealed means... concealed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Because, if my situational awareness fails me, and I need to hand the fuhkhead my wallet - he won't see the CCW permit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made my own.
Zero cant w/ belt slots.

Loopbelt belt.
Fenix PD20 light

Ok.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made my own.
Zero cant w/ belt slots.

Loopbelt belt.
Fenix PD20 light

Ok.
Do you see a negative to my set up ?

Seriously.  I'm open.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, that makes sense for driving.  Any advice on a belt with a small buckle? I usually wear a wilderness tactical and the buckle on that is just a whole bunch of real estate..
View Quote
Volund gearworks atlas g-hook.  I use the one without a stiffener.  It is counterintuitive after years of IWB carry=stiff belt, but it really does work well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Cooks Holsters.

Best kydex made.

I AIWB and AOWB with a Shield, G26 and a VP9.

Ive tried tons of kydex, the last non-Cooks holster was a JM Kydex. 

Learned my lesson. Never again. Cooks Holsters has no peer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cooks Holsters.

Best kydex made.

I AIWB and AOWB with a Shield, G26 and a VP9.

Ive tried tons of kydex, the last non-Cooks holster was a JM Kydex. 

Learned my lesson. Never again. Cooks Holsters has no peer.
View Quote
Would be nice if they offered a claw attachment.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top