Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 4:02:17 PM EDT
Has anyone else noticed the price increase of Kydex holsters lately? Im talking about custom holster makers, not like safariland, Blackhawk, etc..I understand they are "custom holsters", but just a few years ago when custom kydex holsters were coming onto the scene, an average price for a holster, was around $25-$35 dollars. A great alternative to the High priced Leather holsters!! The cheapest holster now from a kydex maker, will start around  $55. and depending on what color or if you have a WML, they are in he $110 range. is it supply and demand? is it a fad(I do prefer the kydex over leather)? has price of kydex sheets gone up?
just some observations
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The prices on some kydex holsters is laughable.

I roll my own. The supplies are dirt cheap, and they are stupid easy to make.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
supply and demand, materials are more money, everything has gotten more expensive, and it has to be worth doing.

I made a press and make my own holsters for like $9-20 once you factor in hardware and depending if I make my own clip. That also takes some of my time, and my results aren't as professional as many others out there. That said it takes man hours to support a website, support idiots' questions, build and ship the damn things, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I roll my own. The supplies are dirt cheap, and they are stupid easy to make.
View Quote
QFT.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
you can find gun specific kydex holsters for "main stream" guns in the $30 - $40 range. The more expensive ones have more features and better warranties. For the most part, you get what you pay for. On the other hand, I've got a couple of drawers full of holsters.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
KT Mech. 30-40 bucks and awesome quality
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I just looked at KT Mech, they do have alot of options and products, I may have to give them a try. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
And it seems every gunshop or gun guy is now a "custom" holster maker.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just looked at KT Mech, they do have alot of options and products, I may have to give them a try. Thanks
View Quote
I have been using their stuff since about 2012 and am very happy with it. Just purchased a holster for my new CZ from them last week as a matter of fact
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quality costs money. There are varying levels of quality. I'd like to see some of the DIY holsters guys are making that scoff at a $60 kydex holster. If your work looks good, I'm happy to eat a bunch of crow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top