Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2017 7:33:47 AM EDT
Just got a screamin' deal on a used but good condition Incog. Its currently in USPS. I've never had my hands on these holsters. However, they seem to have a cult following. Best, most versatile holster ever or just another piece of kydex? I have been wanting to experiment with appendix carry, so this may be my first chance for that. Also, I wear a 1.5" belt. How do these G Code/Haley Strategic clips work with that? I know they say "fits up to a 1.75" belt," instead of listing this clip sizes 1.5-2 like other companies.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used more holsters than I can remember over the years, the INCOG stands out to me as one of the most well designed.  It's a great appendix holster, but would also work well for strong side carry, in my opinion.   The absolute best feature of the holster (to me atleast) is teh clips.  I carry on a 1.5 inch SOE EDC belt, and the clips work great.  they are easy on/easy off with the pull tabs.  Did you get a Mag Caddy with the holster?

The other holster in my rotation right now is a Raven Concealment Eidolon.  The Eidolon conceals better on me in certain clothes -- but when i swap to the Eidolon i sorely miss the INCOG's belt clips and its retention.

You made a good buy, and if you don't like the INCOG, it will be easy to turn around on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got a screamin' deal on a used but good condition Incog. Its currently in USPS. I've never had my hands on these holsters. However, they seem to have a cult following. Best, most versatile holster ever or just another piece of kydex? I have been wanting to experiment with appendix carry, so this may be my first chance for that. Also, I wear a 1.5" belt. How do these G Code/Haley Strategic clips work with that? I know they say "fits up to a 1.75" belt," instead of listing this clip sizes 1.5-2 like other companies.
View Quote

I really like both mine I have one for my G19 with a XC1 and my G43 with a TLR-6.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this thing. It is the double clip version without a mag catty. Seems like you can buy the catty to add on afterwards though? Also the option to use it in a single clip fashion?

Check out this deal: Incog, Bravo Concealment BCA, and a single magazine catty with 1.75" belt clip.. $50/shipped. It's a uuuuge deal. So much winning. Winning bigly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one going on 8 weeks ago, I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My thoughts on the Incog, you form your own opinions after using it and see what you think. Holsters are very personal preference.

-The Incog is generations behind in AIWB holster development IMO. It was extremely popular at a time when AIWB was starting to rage again and was bumped another notch by Travis Haley giving it attention during the Magpul Dyanamics crush days.
-The canted belt clips will never tuck the grip as well by "pulling" at the top of the holster as an AIWB holster with a wedge near the muzzle will by "pushing" the muzzle away and thus canting the grip in toward your body.
-It has essentially no capability to rotate the end of the grip toward your abdomen which aids in concealment.
-I know people get butt hurt about folks using Shivworks' ECQC class as some cult metric, but the Incog has not performed well from a durability, staying on the belt, etc. standpoint once the class moves from the flat range shooting portion.

I think there are better holsters out there from JM Custom Kydex, Dark Star Gear, CCC (Shaggy) and others. Straight drop does not equal AIWB holster any more. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Carried a Glock 22,19 and 26 in one for about 2 years. Only time I use it now is if I'm wearing gym shorts, I'm not a fan of clips anymore.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I and several of our employees use the GCODE holsters for AIWB carry, Here are some tips in regards to the GCODE's belt clips that have worked for us:

-if wearing a 1.5" belt, the clips will be sloppy with a lot of side to side play as it really was intended for a 1.75" it appears. The following mod I made has done wonders and makes the holster not move AT ALL. Also, the retention is so secure you may find that you will no longer need two clips to securely hold the holster in place, if you opted for the two clip variants minus the mag caddy.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3782/33472777772_e2c9519d23_o.jpg
Use a spare rubber grommet from a spare holster and either super glue or 3M molding tape it to the top underside of the circular portion of the belt clip. What this does is make the clip much more suitable for a 1.5" belt while also putting constant pressure on the belt due to the rubber grommet wanting to return to its original shape. See below to see how much space the rubber grommet takes up.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2853/32815511943_f6dba9fd0d_o.jpg

-The outward cant of the clip is designed to push the gun closer to the body, it works, however it can sometimes be overkill and makes the bulge around your belt line bigger. To reduce the cant, use a heat gun/hair dryer/lighter/right at the point of cant until it heats up. Then bend it in the opposite direction to a more suitable position. Hold it in place until it cools into its new position.
View Quote
Clean up your desktop!  I never understood why people had hundreds of items and shortcuts on their desktop.
Post pics of your G43 as well I like the undercut done on it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got mine in last week, G19. I have to say, it's built well, but it prints on me like a motherfucker. I will have to keep the Raven Vanguard for appendix carry. I can see myself using the incog for IWB at 4:00 or so, but appendix with the incog will not be working for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top