Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2017 11:45:21 PM EDT
I don't want to have a huge magazine sticking out of my little G43.

Taran tactical caught my eye because they offer +1, +2 and +3 options.

+3 is out of the picture, but would you consider the other two for daily carry use?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the ones from Hyve. I like the look a bit better. Not sure if they are bigger than you want.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
A member local to me had me try his. With the added weight of the Taran mags they fall free, but the factory stock ones were not. Not falling free is an actual concern to me so my advice is to get them in whatever extension capacity you want.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the tiny +1 on mine. Adds about 1/8 of an inch.  Why Glock could not make the damn thing 1/8" longer and give it an extra round, I will never know. Uses factory spring and works great.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have Pearce +1 and Vickers Tango Down +2.  Both been good to go.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:27:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a +2 on the mag that I keep in the gun when I carry it. I like the added weight. 
If it's just for added capacity, ETS is about to release extended mags for it and the 42. 
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:22:08 AM EDT
[#6]
TT+2 in the gun normally, TT+1 on the spare or in the gun if I want to ankle carry. Both are good to go. So yes, you should buy them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the TT+1 for EDC, no issues.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the TT+1 for EDC, no issues.
View Quote

The TT+1 is great if you want to maintain the original form factor of the gun and get the extra round. The +2 gets me to right about a full pinky rest, where the +1 was just a bit short. If you get both, you have the same total capacity as a G19 on your person.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a +2 on the mag that I keep in the gun when I carry it. I like the added weight. 
If it's just for added capacity, ETS is about to release extended mags for it and the 42. 
View Quote

What's the verdict on ETS mags?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 3 of the Taran Tactical +1 extensions and have zero complaints. They are only slightly larger than the factory base plate and have been 100% reliable for me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Never used any of the TT extensions, but I have a couple of the Hyve+1s.  The fit, finish, function, and aesthetics are top notch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What's the verdict on ETS mags?
View Quote
I haven't had any trouble with mine. 
Think they had some bad springs or something but it seems to be worked out now 
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Update: I bought a Pearce +1 for the pinky rest and Vickers +2 for a second mag.

Total $25 shipped which is $10 less than one Taran Tactical extension.

I'll update how they work.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I have and run Taran Tactical +1 and +2s.  They run great and the extra rounds are worth having in my opinion, but I also think they are way too expensive for what they do.  

I really like the +1 in terms of feel and practical fit for deeper concealment, though strongly preferred the feel of the Glock plates.  I experimented with TT +3s, but the length of the extension and spring is just long enough to catch the follower on the seam of the mag body and extension and can cause malfunctions.  Even if this almost never happens, it can (even on the TT-built version), which disqualifies it from carry use as far as I am concerned.

Taran Tactical accidentally sent me a double order of ten G43 magazines, but a) I wanted to do the right thing; and b) I don't like them enough to have kept the free ones, so I called them and they had me ship the extras back.  

I was looking forward to ETS mags, but they did the same as Glock did and went and made a 6-round flush-fit mag, which is mind boggling.  The ETS 9- and 12-rounders might be okay for reloads.  The 9-rounders will probably be the sweet spot in terms of not having a novelty, stick length reload.  

Glock was stupid not to make a 7-rounder, and so far, I think the aftermarket has still managed to miss the mark on bringing out a 7-round, flush fitting solution.  I like Magguts in the G42, but unlike their G42 springs, they went with the G43 solution that doesn't play well with other extensions.  That said, if one doesn't want an extension, I think Magguts in a standard Glock mag is the way to go.  Or the Pearce +1 if wanting an extra finger on the grip, or the Vickers for +2.  Time will tell, but the ETS 9-round mags may be the way to go for reloads and will cut down on cost and cobbling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I run a G42, different but similar.

I use the TTI +1 on magazine in the gun (to keep the size down) and have a +2 on the spare magazine on my belt.  

This makes total of 16 rounds, since there is one in the chamber +7 in the magazine, and 8 in the spare magazine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Pearce +1 in the gun. Still waiting on ETS magazines for the 43. They don't have any information on their site about ETA that I could find.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:22:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Pearce +1 is what you seek.

Edit: I see that you bought the Pearce. You won't be disappointed. They did an awesome job making them look and feel like they should ship standard with the gun.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pearce +1 is what you seek.

Edit: I see that you bought the Pearce. You won't be disappointed. They did an awesome job making them look and feel like they should ship standard with the gun.
View Quote
This is the correct answer...why pay more?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was looking forward to ETS mags, but they did the same as Glock did and went and made a 6-round flush-fit mag, which is mind boggling.  The ETS 9- and 12-rounders might be okay for reloads.  The 9-rounders will probably be the sweet spot in terms of not having a novelty, stick length reload.  

Glock was stupid not to make a 7-rounder,
View Quote
Shame on ETS, Shame on Glock.  They both blew it.  Pearce to the rescue for less than $10 though
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought the Strike Industries +2's.

They look & feel great & they work.

John

Here
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Never used any of the TT extensions, but I have a couple of the Hyve+1s.  The fit, finish, function, and aesthetics are top notch.
View Quote
I mostly agree. I have a Hyve +2 on my Shield and the fit and finish is great, the color on the other hand...

I ordered OD Green and got something closer to baby food Green, almost a gold tint to it
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
How reliable are the magguts or the +1 tarans now?
I looked at the +2 when they first came out and the reliability issues scared me away
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I have issues with my Taran magazine extension.  I switched to the Vickers Tactical and have been very happy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have issues with my Taran magazine extension.  I switched to the Vickers Tactical and have been very happy.
View Quote
I was at an idpa match and a guy had tarans on every magazine and they all came apart at some point during a stage. There were springs and bullets everywhere
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shame on ETS, Shame on Glock.  They both blew it.  Pearce to the rescue for less than $10 though
View Quote
As an update for those researching the topic, ETS is releasing a flush-fit 7-round G42 and G43 magazine within the next couple/few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As an update for those researching the topic, ETS is releasing a flush-fit 7-round G42 and G43 magazine within the next couple/few weeks.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File

Anything about an 8 or even 9 rounder with just enough length for pinky finger rest?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone make a longer tube?

Or just extensions...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#28]
If you want to be part of the Taran Harem then yes
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I put the Plus1 on mine, along with Novak's Tritium night sights.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Update: I bought a Pearce +1 for the pinky rest and Vickers +2 for a second mag.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's what I carry, although I'm planning to get a double mag carrier for two Vickers +2 mags. I recently bought a Taran +1 for a decent price off Amazon so I could try one out, and while I like the feel and how it keeps the pistol pretty compact, I just can't see paying more for the extensions than I did for the mags themselves.

Both the Pearce and Vickers extensions have been flawless with ball practice ammo, but make sure you test them with your carry / defensive ammo. Certain types of JHPs - Speer +P 124 gr Gold Dots, for example - seem to get hung up on the last round with extensions, while working fine with factory baseplates, for whatever reason.

Quoted:
How reliable are the magguts or the +1 tarans now?
I'm not willing to gamble with Magguts after seeing photos of how the mag springs folded over on themselves inside the mag body. Granted, these were someone's Shield mags, but it looks like there's some sort of issue with their design.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I posted this in the Taran +1 Glock 43 thread in the Glock subforum, but I thought I'd mention it here also.  I took my Taran +1 magazine to the range today to test it and had two misfeeds over the course of about 100 rounds, which I wasn't expecting. I was shooting Speer Lawman 147 gr TMJs, and the slide rode over the last round in the mag twice, closing about halfway and jamming the round against the feed ramp. This is the same issue I had with my Pearce +1 extensions, until I replaced the factory springs with G43 Extra Power Mag Springs from the Glock Store. I haven't had any issues with the Pearce +1s since then, except with some Speer 124 gr JHPs. I'm not sure of the exact cause, but it looks to me like the factory spring can't push the last round up fast enough for the slide to catch it as a result of the extra distance it has to extend due to the mag extension.

I plan to continue using this mag at the range to try to break it in until I'm sure that it's working reliably. I may order the extra power spring (which will turn it into a $56 mag) to see if that fixes the problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I have a TT+2 and a Vickers +2.
I prefer the Vickers and their 1/2 the cost of a TT.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sweet, an aftermarket mag that's not steel lined like the original and "redesigned " to hold an extra round in the same space- they must have found a way to design a better mag than Glock, the gold standard in working mags...no way that could malfunction.
Ets are neat range mags.  Why anyone would "trust their life" to an aftermarket mag that functions with less ammo diversity and less reliability than stock mags is beyond me.  
Yes I have 6 ets Glock mags.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#34]
+1 mag in the gun and the +3 mag for the spare is how my wife roles. No problems so far
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:43:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I carry +2 in the gun and +3 spare.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does anyone make a longer tube?

Or just extensions...
View Quote
ETS is about to release their 9 and 12 round mags for both the 42 and 43
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top