Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 1:30:12 AM EDT
I need some feedback on EDC Belt Mounted Kydex Flashlight Carriers!

I have too much crap in my pockets already and want to carry my Elzetta Bravo 2 cell light in a belt mounted carrier, I want it to take up as little real-estate on my belt as possible and it can't extend below belt line.

What kydex flashlight carriers is everyone using?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been on the hunt for a kydex mag/light holder combo for a while. I will share what I have found:

Xconcealment makes one, it appears to take up alot of belt room (it's wide)
Safariland model 574
Fobus
Custom - sent my light to a guy and he tried twice to make one for me. He sent the light back and said he couldn't make one he would be happy selling.

For just the light check out Safariland and ASP.
I have one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AWW9ZMO?tag=vglnk-c102-20 and it's not bad.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The light carrier from custom carry concepts is low profile.  I'm a fan off his basic mag carrier

The ten speed pouches from blue force gear work well too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 of them from raven concealment that work great.  Currently can't get them directly since they've shut down the custom shop for a while though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a Surefire E2D Defender in a Raven Concealment carrier bezel down.  It's a great carrier, and very solid lock up.  I worried about that since it was only about 1/2 the bezel in the chute, but it works extremely well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one from KT-Mech for my Sig Sauer 226 with a TLR1 (OWB)
I'm not really happy with it. The belt loop sits in the middle and the weight of the grip with magazine makes it top heavy and leans outward off my belt. It also looks like a giant flap of kydex folded over and isn't very aesthetically pleasing, So it's pretty useless lol.
It does however use the same screw templates for Blackhawk so it is compatable with their stuff.
I did see one in the Sig Sauer thread (THEIS holsters) that looks a lot better than what I have. I am going to switch to an IWB hybrid from them.

ETA - sorry re-read it, thought is was for attached flashlights
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you thought about running 2 pistol tacos from HSGI or some of the Ten Speed pouches from Blue Force Gear?

I've heard good things about Warrior Concealment, they offer a flashlight holder as an add on with their mag pouches.

Warrior Concealment

I run a surefire V70 at work for a flashlight but it would be bulky for EDC usage IMO.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Although their website doesn't show it, I have a mag pouch / light carrier from Blade-Tech.  I've had it since 2001 or thereabouts, so maybe they've quite making them?
Also, I have a leather mag carrier from Milt Sparks bought around that same time frame.  It was made for a Surefire 6P but it works for my Ra Clicky like it was made for it.  Again, this isn't shown on their website.  

It may pay to give either of them a call and see if they are "off-menu" items.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a moduloader base from raven concealment paired with two pistol tacos. You will need the three finger version for two pistol tacos and I prefer the paddle attachment. It is low profile and is adjustable for belts ranging from 1.5" through 2". The paddle holds the set up secure but allows for fast removal. This set up is low profile and modular so that you can carry different lights unlike a kydex set up where you are semi bound to one light size.

RCS
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I enjoy products from a company called kytex. Check em out, and thy can make a holster for your light if you send it to them if it isnt one they already have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top