Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:30:00 PM EDT
Pretty specific carry question here.

Is there a way to cant an INCOG Shadow Eclipse with APL?  

Can you attach a mojo and would that be helpful?  I emailed tactical holsters and haven't heard back. Hoping someone here uses that combination.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I did it with my G19 XC1 setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.  The XC1 is quite different and has a spot for the super mojo.  I've googled the shit out of this and have not been able to find one that's APL compatible.

Edit: Yours is the incog shadow which has two clips.  The eclipse is a smaller foot print and only has 1 clip.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you already ordered the holster?

If not I would recommend getting the Eclipse it has a lot more flexibility you can add the magazine carrier or put it into a cant much easier.  I went though this when deciding on my holster and got the Eclipse because it have much more flexibility.  They sometimes take a bit of time to get back a day or so usually.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you already ordered the holster?

If not I would recommend getting the Eclipse it has a lot more flexibility you can add the magazine carrier or put it into a cant much easier.  I went though this when deciding on my holster and got the Eclipse because it have much more flexibility.  They sometimes take a bit of time to get back a day or so usually.
View Quote

I think you mean the shadow?  The eclipse is the smaller footprint single clip version.  I always gets these confused...

What's your overall impression of your incog?  

Thanks

Edit:  DOS-L is a no go with an APL
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have tried lots of different holsters in my days.  I carried a Comp-Tac M-Tac for the longest time but when I added the XC1 I needed a holster that could accommodate it.  I thought about getting the BravoConcealment DOS-L but it was not out and I liked the idea of a barrier between my skin and the kydex that G-Code put on.  The fuzz does not add cushion but it does add a lot of comfort I do not get the kydex rash or agitation of it rubbing against the skin.  I do carry everyday all day so it gets a lot of carry.  The lock up is excellent but the draw is smooth and I can get it out of the holster quick.  If I had one thing to complain about I wish the bottom of the holster was close off but it is such a small complaint I am finding something to complain about because it is not really a huge concern but it would be the one thing I would change.  I have considered modifying it to work with a G19 or G17 XC1 setup but I think it would not lock up and work as well as it does if I did.

I would strongly recommend the holster I just wish they would name the holster different because I always get them confused.  You are right I do have a INCOG Shadow XC1.

When I got the holster I bought it with a Super Mojo and Mojo and for a few weeks before I started carrying it in different configurations to get it how I wanted it.  I finally got it in the configuration in the picture I showed you above but I had to order a longer clip with the 5 hole.

ETA I have a 1.5" belt I think a 1.75 would be hard to do it with it and it helps when canting the G-Code clips also a ridged belt helps a lot as well I have an Ares Gear Aegis belt.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have tried lots of different holsters in my days.  I carried a Comp-Tac M-Tac for the longest time but when I added the XC1 I needed a holster that could accommodate it.  I thought about getting the BravoConcealment DOS-L but it was not out and I liked the idea of a barrier between my skin and the kydex that G-Code put on.  The fuzz does not add cushion but it does add a lot of comfort I do not get the kydex rash or agitation of it rubbing against the skin.  I do carry everyday all day so it gets a lot of carry.  The lock up is excellent but the draw is smooth and I can get it out of the holster quick.  If I had one thing to complain about I wish the bottom of the holster was close off but it is such a small complaint I am finding something to complain about because it is not really a huge concern but it would be the one thing I would change.  I have considered modifying it to work with a G19 or G17 XC1 setup but I think it would not lock up and work as well as it does if I did.

I would strongly recommend the holster I just wish they would name the holster different because I always get them confused.  You are right I do have a INCOG Shadow XC1.

When I got the holster I bought it with a Super Mojo and Mojo and for a few weeks before I started carrying it in different configurations to get it how I wanted it.  I finally got it in the configuration in the picture I showed you above but I had to order a longer clip with the 5 hole.

ETA I have a 1.5" belt I think a 1.75 would be hard to do it with it and it helps when canting the G-Code clips also a ridged belt helps a lot as well I have an Ares Gear Aegis belt.
View Quote

Thanks so much for the write up.  Have had a hard time getting a holster to work for me.  I'm starting to regret going from the XC1 to APL.  Holster options are definitely better for an XC1.  

Off to check out a DOS-L now...
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my XC1 coming from a TLR-1 HL it was much more desirable.  I tried a few setups but I just felt like I had a turd in my pants or I looked excited all the time.  My only complaint on the XC1 is the switches on the backside are only momentary and the on button is so damn small it took a good bit of training to get used it to.

Where do you plan to carry the pistol AIWB 1-2, hip 3, or back 330-5?

I carry mine at 4.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like my XC1 coming from a TLR-1 HL it was much more desirable.  I tried a few setups but I just felt like I had a turd in my pants or I looked excited all the time.  My only complaint on the XC1 is the switches on the backside are only momentary and the on button is so damn small it took a good bit of training to get used it to.

Where do you plan to carry the pistol AIWB 1-2, hip 3, or back 330-5?

I carry mine at 4.
View Quote

I carry at 4. I had a xc1 and the light just wasn't enough imo. Took a night class with it and moved to an apl from there. Thinking about switching back though.

The size doesn't bother me. Not sure how people walk around with the surefire 300's though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I carry at 4. I had a xc1 and the light just wasn't enough imo. Took a night class with it and moved to an apl from there. Thinking about switching back though.

The size doesn't bother me. Not sure how people walk around with the surefire 300's though.
View Quote

I took a low light no light course twice now.  I started with a TLR-1 HL and it gave me tons of light good out to distance but the XC1 while I am not getting 50m illumination it is more than adequate for clearing a house, and 99% of situations I can see myself getting in.  I felt if the XC1 was not adequate I would probably not be using a handgun at that point I would be using my rifle/shotgun.  The XC1 just works so well for daily carry and the readily available AAA batteries if I run out I can get it anywhere.  My biggest gripe with the XC1 is the on switch but train with it and it is a none issue.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
What's the mojo and super mojo?  is it that little tab thing where the clip mounts to the shell? What's the difference?  I  ask because I'm looking at an eclipse for a g43, not familiar with the features.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag - I was just looking at this set up today.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's the mojo and super mojo?  is it that little tab thing where the clip mounts to the shell? What's the difference?  I  ask because I'm looking at an eclipse for a g43, not familiar with the features.
View Quote

My understanding is that they allow you to adjust for cant and how deep the gun rides.  

I just ordered an eclipse for my g19 with apl.  Will report back when I get it in 4-6 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Super Mojo

Mojo
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
@EdgecrusherXES

Does the incog work with your 43 without the tlr 6 attached?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@EdgecrusherXES

Does the incog work with your 43 without the tlr 6 attached?
View Quote

I do not know I image not since it seems to hold the pistol on friction not lock on the trigger guard.  When I first got it I tightened the tension screw because the pistol loaded would slip out easily when turned upside down.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I do not know I image not since it seems to hold the pistol on friction not lock on the trigger guard.  When I first got it I tightened the tension screw because the pistol loaded would slip out easily when turned upside down.
View Quote

Thanks for all your help.  Ended up ordering one for my 19 and 43.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
You might want to talk to G-Code about which clips to install if you plan to put either of them in a cant.  You can email them about it and they are pretty good about responding and tailoring your order for you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You might want to talk to G-Code about which clips to install if you plan to put either of them in a cant.  You can email them about it and they are pretty good about responding and tailoring your order for you.
View Quote

Yeah I've been bugging a guy never Ray. Very helpful. I'll shoot him a message in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#19]

So Super Mojo provides additional offset between belt clip and holster?  Forces holster closer to body?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So Super Mojo provides additional offset between belt clip and holster?  Forces holster closer to body?
View Quote

Kind of depends how you use it.  Lots of different combos you can setup with them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It looks like the loop would mount more toward the right side of the holster, maybe pulling the butt in toward the body. If so, sounds good, but I'm only looking at the same pics you are.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Got this yesterday. Really like it so far, very comfortable and extremely well built.

Interested to see how it conceals with a tucked in shirt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got this yesterday. Really like it so far, very comfortable and extremely well built.

Interested to see how it conceals with a tucked in shirt.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/314196/IMG-4572-146547.JPG
View Quote

I did not like how much inward tension the clips were set as if you do not either you can do what I did.

Put the clip in a vise clamping down on the portion with the hole and clip away from you.  Get a heat gun and begin to heat the clip at the bend and apply pressure to take out as much of the bend as you want.  Mine barely push out I took about 2/3rds of the bend out and I found it was much better afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I did not like how much inward tension the clips were set as if you do not either you can do what I did.

Put the clip in a vise clamping down on the portion with the hole and clip away from you.  Get a heat gun and begin to heat the clip at the bend and apply pressure to take out as much of the bend as you want.  Mine barely push out I took about 2/3rds of the bend out and I found it was much better afterwards.
View Quote

I have noticed that the clips do an excellent (maybe too good) job of pushing the pistol into my body.  Definitely don't need a claw or wedge with this thing.  I'll wear it as is for now and go from there.  I figured that bend would soften some with time.

I am finding this setup to work well with a tucked in shirt.  I wore a bigger shirt today to make concealing easier.  Will try a better fitting shirt tomorrow and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have noticed that the clips do an excellent (maybe too good) job of pushing the pistol into my body.  Definitely don't need a claw or wedge with this thing.  I'll wear it as is for now and go from there.  I figured that bend would soften some with time.

I am finding this setup to work well with a tucked in shirt.  I wore a bigger shirt today to make concealing easier.  Will try a better fitting shirt tomorrow and see how it goes.
View Quote

Thanks for your input. I'm interested as to how you like carrying appendix with it.  Comfort mostly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#26]
With any of the incog holsters, how exactly does the mojo let you adjust cant? Will eventually get around to buying a holster for my G19+XC1.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks for your input. I'm interested as to how you like carrying appendix with it.  Comfort mostly.
View Quote

Today is my third full day wearing it appendix.  It seems to be getting more comfortable each day.  Not sure how, I guess I'm just getting used to it.  I'm a big buy and sitting here typing this it's not bothering me at all.  I'm liking it more and more each day.  To be honest I sold a glock 43 6 months ago because I couldn't find a good holster for it.  Regretted it and bought another and now I'm loving it w/the incog.  

I definitely recommend this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With any of the incog holsters, how exactly does the mojo let you adjust cant? Will eventually get around to buying a holster for my G19+XC1.
View Quote

The mojo has 3 rows of screw holes.  So you can unscrew them and shift the clip and re-tighten in a different hole causing the clip to tilt whichever way you want.  It's pretty neat.  I haven't tried carrying behind my hip with it yet so can't really comment on much else.

Edit:  You can also change how high or low the holster rides with the mojo.  They offer 4 hole clips that offer deeper concealment.  Hopefully that makes a little bit of sense...
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Different length clips I use a 5 hole and 3 hole clip.  Refer to my picture ^ up there you can see how I have it setup I carry a G19 with and XC1 daily.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Update:  If you wear an undershirt that goes between your body and the gun it's incredibly comfortable.  Again this is with a G43 so it's a pretty small foot print.  Will try with my 19 when that holster gets here in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Update:  If you wear an undershirt that goes between your body and the gun it's incredibly comfortable.  Again this is with a G43 so it's a pretty small foot print.  Will try with my 19 when that holster gets here in a few weeks.
View Quote

Not all undershirts are created equal.  I find that cotton does not hold up and will still rub the best are nylon with a small amount of spandex like Adidas tech fit or UnderArmour shirts.  The allow stretch, wick away moisture in the hot spots, and hold up to repeated rubbing from the holster and grip.  They also last forever so long as you do not dry them on high heat but always use low heat dry.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not all undershirts are created equal.  I find that cotton does not hold up and will still rub the best are nylon with a small amount of spandex like Adidas tech fit or UnderArmour shirts.  The allow stretch, wick away moisture in the hot spots, and hold up to repeated rubbing from the holster and grip.  They also last forever so long as you do not dry them on high heat but always use low heat dry.
View Quote

I'm actually wearing a dry fit type shirt today with a pull over concealing my g43.  So I agree.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#33]
So cant is purely based on 2 clips and the ride height of each clip? Or can you actually use 1 clip using 2 columns on the mojo? Really hoping it's the latter, I prefer 1 clip vs 2.

eta: do you guys feel 1 clip could keep the G19+XC1 stable? I carry 330/4.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So cant is purely based on 2 clips and the ride height of each clip? Or can you actually use 1 clip using 2 columns on the mojo? Really hoping it's the latter, I prefer 1 clip vs 2.

eta: do you guys feel 1 clip could keep the G19+XC1 stable? I carry 330/4.
View Quote

With a mojo and xc1 you can adjust cant with one clip. I think it would work just fine but don't have experience with that exact setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top