Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2017 10:36:32 PM EDT
So what are you all running for your CCW pistol? Fully stock, or any level of customization?

If you have mods on your CCW please list. I really like some of the ZEV components for my glocks, but I've never had any custom work to any of my CCW pistols. Wondering if there is "too much" in terms of the reliability, etc of a CCW pistol.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Custom stuff.  I want the absolute biggest advantage I can get if I am forced to use my firearm.  

Glock 19 MOS
RMR
Trijicon Suppressor Sights
Agency Arms Flat drop in Trigger
Lone Wolf Barrel

I shoot about 250 rounds per week through my carry gun.  Usually ~220 FMJ and 30 of the JHP carry ammo. It's been 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Stock-ish. I ordered a Glock extended slide release, and I'll change the sights on my 19. Correcting the design flaw (finger grooves) will be the most radical change, but I'm not going to dick with the firing mechanism unless that pistol becomes a range toy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I stick with the stock configuration because I don't want to take the chance of messing something up.  That said, I'm thinking about swapping the trigger on my Sig P320 with an APEX flat trigger, which does not change any of the functions of the gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sticking to OEM components in my Glocks currently. Minus connector.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a short trigger in all my 1911s but that's it for my carry guns. Except for an eventual nightsight upgrade.

I put a flat faced trigger and a minus trigger bar in my Glock 19 with Glock night sights.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock 19 - OEM Night Sights and Ghost "Ranger" 4.5# trigger bar (feels like stock with a really clean break)  

S&W 442 - Stock with a Hogue Bantam grip.

Nothing special here
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#7]
G19.4
G17 Smooth trigger and bar
"-" connector
Heavy trigger reset spring
Lighter striker block spring
Extended slide stop
Heinie night sights
XC1 Surefire WML
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess mine is "custom." Its a G19 with trijicon HDs,  slidework-front serrations only + cerakote,  S3F threaded barrel,  gripwork-groove removal and stippling,  Agency Arms drop in trigger,  Agency Arms magwell,  and SF x300. Currently running a micro comp on it just for s&giggles, and its still running just great.

To clarify, even modified this is the highest round count weapon that I own, and has been run into the ground while still remaining completely reliable. One day I'll have to retire it from carry duty eventually I guess, but it will likely always be my favorite handgun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]
My G19.4 is currently stock, but an XC1 is already on the way along with a guncraft holster to support it. Planning on an RMR, Trijicon suppressor sights, Jagerwerks slide milling (I love front serrations), a stipple job, and a Zev trigger.

Stock is fine, but I like to tinker.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Within the realistic realm of what is demanded by a carry gun, outside of sights and grips nothing else is going to matter. Shots will be close perhaps even muzzle contact mitigating any accuracy enhancements and trigger pull trickery. There is a rare rare chance of longer engagements but a stock gun is well within the capacity for this.
The number one requirement for a carry gun is reliability. Any mod that sacrifices even a little reliability should be avoided.
One of the reasons guns like smith j frames are still hugely popular as carry guns is because, despite limited capacity sights radius slow reloads etc, they are highly dependable
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Glock 19 Gen 4  with MOS slide and dual illumination RMR. Suppressor height trijicon sights and MAGPUL 21 magazines as reloads.
Only other upgrade will be an apex trigger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Night sights is about as custom as I get with a CCW gun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Novak pattern Tritium sights - replaced the base sights
Double diamond wood grips - replaced the nasty rubber grips.

If for some reason it came with an arched mainspring housing a flat one would get swapped in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#14]
customized if wanted. there's no reason I can't have a carry gun that shoots and feels (hell looks) like I want it to. I've just dropped 380 so I'm going stock M&P shield. will upgrade trigger and sights if needed, I have to wring it out first. common carry is a springfield ROC fully customized. tri topped slide with flush cut barrel, 10-8 night sights with U rear, green laser grips, VZ screws, milt sparks VMII.

I compete with built limited guns, and a light slide cycles faster and gets on target fast. plus it's easier to carry. the sights are how I prefer them, the laser helps in all weather and conditions, and I enjoy shooting it so I spend more time with it at the range. I checked for reliability at each tweak. if I use it and anyone complains, I shoot competition guns the best so it makes sense for me to carry one. a hair trigger or wild paint job won't make a difference on a clean shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top